:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
49ers defense needs to stop throwing picks

This lazy unless you just trying to be funny. Can easily say brock gotta get out there and break up some of those Burrow passes or keep contain to prevent him from running for 50 yards. I see someone pretty much did that though. Purdy turnovers haven't helped, defense not getting off the field on 3rd down hasn't helped. Defense been trash and Purdy has been too. And this applies to the last 3 games.

If we lose after the bye with Purdy having another 2-3 turnover game. It isn’t really a terrible idea to see what Darnold can do.

this loss is on purdy and the oline. defense did its part to slow down cincinnati but purdy put them in a bad spot multiple times.

shanahan needs to be able to win without deebo. if the team’s success was predicated on deebo’s health, you’re in trouble
"the defense did their part..." you talking bout the 49er defense?!

Purdy is still young Just gotta iron out some kinks and keep progressing. We know he’s solid when he plays sharp. He just forces throws too often and has to read defenses better, including the opposing d-line to prevent throws from getting batted down.

Both him AND the defense are playing subpar. Not letting either off the hook.

Last edited:
with trent and deebo back it should open things back up for the run and purdy won’t be asked to throw 30-40 times a game

whats this like brock's 16th game ever right? lol

i’m saying. can you imagine if qbs went 13-3 in their first season and people were talking about benching them…wylin

granted the last 3 games have looked bad. but no part of this team has looked good the last 3 weeks. the browns put out the blueprint to stop the offense and gash the defense. time to adjust

Missed field goal and a madden-esque unnecessary blitz away from being a one loss team. Know that doesn't mean much when only Ws and Ls count, but we're going to be fine. Just have to find a way to beat Philly in January.

If Purdy stinks it up in Jacksonville, the calls for Darnold are going to start getting louder. I don’t necessarily agree with that line of thinking. But a 7th round pick isn’t afforded the same leash and chances to fail that a high first round pick usually gets.

I could see a scenario where if Darnold got a shot, he ends up playing good for a game or two before defenses make the necessary adjustments and then you’re back to square one.

Plenty of valid criticism and stuff Purdy needs to fix. But this constant qb controversy and qb musical chairs isn’t it either. The way Purdy played these last few games isn’t any worse than how Jimmy played in a lot of games. I know Garoppolo isn’t a high bar to judge off of. But it’s on the rest of the team to have their qb’s back and step it up while he’s going through a rough stretch. Having Purdy looking over his shoulder and worrying about his job this quickly isn’t it.

“ I know Jimmy g isn’t a high bar to judge off”

Statistically speaking he was the 3rd best qb we ever had behind Joe Montana and Steve young lol

If Purdy stinks it up in Jacksonville, the calls for Darnold are going to start getting louder. I don’t necessarily agree with that line of thinking. But a 7th round pick isn’t afforded the same leash and chances to fail that a high first round pick usually gets.
The 3rd overall pick didnt even get a chance to look like this lol. Let Purdy continue on

Back
Top Bottom