:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

taken from peter king

Offensive Player of the Week

Troy Smith, QB, San Francisco.

Smith hadn't started an NFL game in 34 months -- since a Dec. 30, 2007 win over the Steelers as a Baltimore Raven. And to find out you'll get the start while in London, five days before the game, when you've never worked with the first-unit offense .... Pretty amazing deal. And Smith played well: 12 of 19, 196 yards, one rushing touchdown, one passing touchdown, no interceptions, and a gaudy 115.2 rating. "I'm not looking back at what should have been or what might have happened,'' Smith told me from London, after the Niners beat the Broncos in the league's international game at Wembley Stadium. "I'm just taking this chance and running with it.''

As I said on NBC Sunday night, you'll almost certainly see Troy Smith replace Alex Smith, regardless of Alex's health, when the 49ers come off their bye in 13 days against the Rams. My take is that Mike Singletary sees Troy as the make-something-happen sparkplug he never saw in Alex -- or in backup David Carr.

i havent given up on alex though
will see.....one more thingOnce the Minnesota Vikings officially release wide receiver Randy Moss, the other 31 teams will have a chance to make a waiver wire claim within 24 hours. The team with the worst record, the 0-7 Bills, have the first crack, followed by the 1-6 Panthers and on down. If a team claims Moss, they owe him the remainder of his $6.4 million contract this season.moss with the niners
pimp.gif
im reaching

taken from peter king

Offensive Player of the Week

Troy Smith, QB, San Francisco.

Smith hadn't started an NFL game in 34 months -- since a Dec. 30, 2007 win over the Steelers as a Baltimore Raven. And to find out you'll get the start while in London, five days before the game, when you've never worked with the first-unit offense .... Pretty amazing deal. And Smith played well: 12 of 19, 196 yards, one rushing touchdown, one passing touchdown, no interceptions, and a gaudy 115.2 rating. "I'm not looking back at what should have been or what might have happened,'' Smith told me from London, after the Niners beat the Broncos in the league's international game at Wembley Stadium. "I'm just taking this chance and running with it.''

As I said on NBC Sunday night, you'll almost certainly see Troy Smith replace Alex Smith, regardless of Alex's health, when the 49ers come off their bye in 13 days against the Rams. My take is that Mike Singletary sees Troy as the make-something-happen sparkplug he never saw in Alex -- or in backup David Carr.

i havent given up on alex though
will see.....one more thingOnce the Minnesota Vikings officially release wide receiver Randy Moss, the other 31 teams will have a chance to make a waiver wire claim within 24 hours. The team with the worst record, the 0-7 Bills, have the first crack, followed by the 1-6 Panthers and on down. If a team claims Moss, they owe him the remainder of his $6.4 million contract this season.moss with the niners
pimp.gif
im reaching

I don't think Moss is a good fit for us, he's more of a deep threat receiver and we hardly throw the ball deep.

I don't think Moss is a good fit for us, he's more of a deep threat receiver and we hardly throw the ball deep.

Originally Posted by dland24

And Proof, I will NOT be one of the guys who are mad that Sings job will be saved. The only way Sing keeps his job IMO, is if we have playoff success. So no, I wont be pissed if Troy helps Sing keep his job.
Were you one of the guys I was going back and forth about coaching earlier? I know one of them was NTL, those were who I was aiming at but its all jokes cause Sing aint coming back
laugh.gif

If jed & Sing really think they are still in the playoff race they should get moss for the year just to keep him out of seattle and st louis
LB510 wrote:
And neither is Troy Smith or Nate Davis. I really don't get the Nate Davis lovefest on here.

Troy smith played better in 1 game then Alex has since draft day, I'm on the bandwagon until he gives me a reason not to be. As for Nate he's shown flashes of being good in preseason I wanna see what he looks like for a whole game during the regular season. Is finding out what we have on our roster too much to ask for?

And Proof, I will NOT be one of the guys who are mad that Sings job will be saved. The only way Sing keeps his job IMO, is if we have playoff success. So no, I wont be pissed if Troy helps Sing keep his job.
Were you one of the guys I was going back and forth about coaching earlier? I know one of them was NTL, those were who I was aiming at but its all jokes cause Sing aint coming back
laugh.gif

If jed & Sing really think they are still in the playoff race they should get moss for the year just to keep him out of seattle and st louis
LB510 wrote:
And neither is Troy Smith or Nate Davis. I really don't get the Nate Davis lovefest on here.

Troy smith played better in 1 game then Alex has since draft day, I'm on the bandwagon until he gives me a reason not to be. As for Nate he's shown flashes of being good in preseason I wanna see what he looks like for a whole game during the regular season. Is finding out what we have on our roster too much to ask for?

knowing our front office we wont pursue moss.

YES TO EVERYTHING! unless we pull a miracle out of our behinds then might as well just give nate the great a chance too but if troy keeps playing like he did last weekn then hes our starter for the rest of the season

knowing our front office we wont pursue moss.

YES TO EVERYTHING! unless we pull a miracle out of our behinds then might as well just give nate the great a chance too but if troy keeps playing like he did last weekn then hes our starter for the rest of the season

Anyone think the 49ers will put a claim on Shawne Merriman when he's put on waivers? I think it's highly possible given the fact the defense has been a disappointment this year and the fact they tried to trade for him in the offseason.

Anyone think the 49ers will put a claim on Shawne Merriman when he's put on waivers? I think it's highly possible given the fact the defense has been a disappointment this year and the fact they tried to trade for him in the offseason.

I just hope Troy Smith does well enough to get this team the wins.

Actually, I don't care who is the QB. I just want wins.

I just hope Troy Smith does well enough to get this team the wins.

Actually, I don't care who is the QB. I just want wins.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Cards lost and the hawks are getting smacked
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
     now beat the rams next week and let the seahawks and cardinals beat eachother up with the cardinals winning in the end and say hello to only being a game outta first place
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

as a matter of fact
laugh.gif
even more at the fact the 49ers could be tied for first place after week 11 if they win their next 2 home games.  

if the 49ers win and cards win next week the 49ers are 3-6  while the rest of the west is 4-5,  if they beat the bucs next  they'd be 4-6  and the seahawks play in new orleans in week 11 so that's possibly 4-6 for them,   the cardinals go to kc that's possibly 4-6 and the rams have the falcons at home which could possibly be 4-6

hope is a crazy thing
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
     now beat the rams next week and let the seahawks and cardinals beat eachother up with the cardinals winning in the end and say hello to only being a game outta first place
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

as a matter of fact
laugh.gif
even more at the fact the 49ers could be tied for first place after week 11 if they win their next 2 home games.  

if the 49ers win and cards win next week the 49ers are 3-6  while the rest of the west is 4-5,  if they beat the bucs next  they'd be 4-6  and the seahawks play in new orleans in week 11 so that's possibly 4-6 for them,   the cardinals go to kc that's possibly 4-6 and the rams have the falcons at home which could possibly be 4-6

hope is a crazy thing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Pretty sure we'd still be a game and a half out, no?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

as a matter of fact
laugh.gif

hope is a crazy thing
laugh.gif

all of this right here

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i edited my last post.  every team in the west has had their byes so they will have all played 8 games so if the giants hold on and win today the 49ers will go into the rams game 2 games outta first.

pimp.gif
at the 49ers winning on their bye week

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

as a matter of fact
laugh.gif

hope is a crazy thing
laugh.gif

all of this right here

Back
Top Bottom