Official San Diego Chargers Offseason Thread Vol. AJ Smith >>> Yuku Search

how do you charger fans know if LT was able to play. maybe his injury is worse than advertised....obviously they won;t disclose the severity during the week and up to the game.
i understand, but listen...
  • He wasn't on the injury list on Friday
  • If, like they said, Norv was sitting him, he needs to be in his face trying to play...this isn't the preseason
  • If he is injured and unable to play, don't sit on the bench pouting the whole game, for a guy who is the "face of the franchise" he needs to be up on the sideline pumpin this team up, some of the young guys feed off energy...(merriman, rivers, phillips). The guy about to win a super bowl on the other sideline is/was a master at that...#55

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

how do you charger fans know if LT was able to play. maybe his injury is worse than advertised....obviously they won;t disclose the severity during the week and up to the game.
  • If, like they said, Norv was sitting him, he needs to be in his face trying to play...this isn't the preseason
  • If he is injured and unable to play, don't sit on the bench pouting the whole game, for a guy who is the "face of the franchise" he needs to be up on the sideline pumpin this team up, some of the young guys feed off energy...(merriman, rivers, phillips). The guy about to win a super bowl on the other sideline is/was a master at that...#55

agreed. LT whines the most on the team. I didn't even see LT showing support for the team while sitting there. I can almost say I'd feelcomfortable trading LT for a couple very good secondary players and resigning MT. But LT is still that dude regardless, he needs to get his together though.

I can almost say I'd feel comfortable trading LT for a couple very good secondary players and resigning MT
I'm thinking the same thing but honestly that's probably the loss and LT's behavior speaking for me...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

I'm used to it.

I hope by "used to it" you meant getting to the AFC championship. Which of course I know that isn't true.

I don't feel I have the right to call you out KB8 because I've only been a fan for 5 years and you've been there for the long run. So I wont.But I have to say if your gonna be a supporter of our team than be just that, a supporter. Don't just claim the team and then bad mouth everything (Norv,Rivers, Chambers)

Hopefully now you realize the potential and the importance of the team's leader, Philip Rivers.
pimp.gif

Game recognize game.

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

I'm used to it.

I hope by "used to it" you meant getting to the AFC championship. Which of course I know that isn't true.

I don't feel I have the right to call you out KB8 because I've only been a fan for 5 years and you've been there for the long run. So I wont. But I have to say if your gonna be a supporter of our team than be just that, a supporter. Don't just claim the team and then bad mouth everything (Norv, Rivers, Chambers)

Hopefully now you realize the potential and the importance of the team's leader, Philip Rivers.
pimp.gif
When I say "I'm used to it" I say that by saying our hearts getting broken.

Been there done that.

As far as Rivers goes, today, he honestly earned my respect and quite possibly made me a fan.

Instead of leading with his mouth, he lead with his play today. He lead with his heart and continued to play all 4 quarters.

As far as Chambers goes, I never bad mouthed Chambers. I thought he was not the solution to our wide receiver problems. Low and behold. I was wrong. He changedthe image of our WR corps. I'm extremely pleased with that. SupraTurbo knows what's up. I'm eating my crow and doing it humbly. I'm extremelypleased with VJ's emergence in the playoffs. He finally is catching balls. IF he can carry over his play in the off season into the next season, I will beeven more happy.

I got this gut feeling next season that our offensive philosophy will change dramatically. It will become more pass heavy and less reliant on LT. I'mlooking forward to that. I mean that in a positive way. The Chargers have a bright future. I just hope this doesn't regress. Because I expect the AFC Westto be more competitive than it was this season.

I got this gut feeling next season that our offensive philosophy will change dramatically. It will become more pass heavy and less reliant on LT. I'm looking forward to that. I mean that in a positive way. The Chargers have a bright future. I just hope this doesn't regress. Because I expect the AFC West to be more competitive than it was this season.

Agreed. And with a good/great passing game, that also benefits the running game. So the skies the limit.

Is Lo'Neal coming back another year? Do yall think he is getting up there as far as age and capability? I like our 2nd string FB/4th string RB Ican't remember his name..

And BOY do I hope PR and Norv work on Philips arm strength. Our offense would be ridiculous with the deep threat.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

I think if we can pick up another solid guy in the secondary we will have a pretty good D. And yea I agree with the Oline thing... whats the missing link.

And to those fans that say they're "getting used to losing" get the F off the bandwagon, I know you fairweather Charger fans werent there for the 1-15 year. Oh well, next year eh?

Bro, I hope you weren't referring to me.

Because I was working at the stadium during that 1-15 season. And yes, I actually had faith in Ryan Leaf at some point in that season. Word to Mike Riley.

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

I got this gut feeling next season that our offensive philosophy will change dramatically. It will become more pass heavy and less reliant on LT. I'm looking forward to that. I mean that in a positive way. The Chargers have a bright future. I just hope this doesn't regress. Because I expect the AFC West to be more competitive than it was this season.

Agreed. And with a good/great passing game, that also benefits the running game. So the skies the limit.

Is Lo'Neal coming back another year? Do yall think he is getting up there as far as age and capability? I like our 2nd string FB/4th string RB I can't remember his name..
I think LO has got one more season in him. Enough for a Super Bowl run next season.
wink.gif

As far as Rivers goes, I surely do hope that Norv can help him out with the mechanics. I'm really not a very big fan of his shot-put throw.

Anyone questioning the best Rb and arguably the best player in football toughness should smack themselves.

^It's gotta be his focus. I said earlier before the season that the death of his father could be a big spark in his play (although I don't know how youcould spark at the level he was already at). But I guess I was wrong. Maybe with the death of his father + coaching changes messed up his mentality and focus.

No way LT ever goes to the raiders. I would trade LT for a 1st plus fabian washington or w/e his name is
pimp.gif

Anyone questioning the best Rb and arguably the best player in football toughness should smack themselves.
i gave my point you give yours...where was i wrong in my assumptions...? i have seen 99% of the games this guy has played in his career andanother teams fan is gonna come in tell me to smack myself? get outta here go back to the 9ers offseason thread it should have been around for awhile now...

i hope phillip rivers said somethin to LT cause LT stayed doin some shady stuff towards him during the season

Originally Posted by frontrunner4life

get a real QB
laugh.gif

that bum really thought he was the reason they were winning
smh.gif
I agree Phillip Rivers is an overrated qb in my opinion and he should've never been giving the starting job in the first place.

Originally Posted by KingAJ619

Originally Posted by frontrunner4life

get a real QB
laugh.gif

that bum really thought he was the reason they were winning
smh.gif
I agree Phillip Rivers is an overrated qb in my opinion and he should've never been giving the starting job in the first place.

So who would you give it to if you ain't got Brees?
smh.gif

Shoulda woulda coulda. Who knows what Brees could have done if AJ chose to go with Brees. The bottomline is, Rivers helped get this team to the AFCChampionship.

We'll be back next season, even with Rivers leading the Chargers. Count on that.

Why are there Raider fans in a Chargers Offseason Thread?

Shouldn't you all be looking for Jamarcus Russell in Bill Cosby sweater pics?

TRADE LT!!?!?! Are you guys stupid?

i gave my point you give yours...where was i wrong in my assumptions...? i have seen 99% of the games this guy has played in his career and another teams fan is gonna come in tell me to smack myself? get outta here go back to the 9ers offseason thread it should have been around for awhile now...

Ok. I'll tell you to smack yourself. I'm a Charger fan.
I question YOUR heart for looking for blame and excuses. Especially questioning LTs heart and desire to play and win.

We lost because the Patriots are better, they have a better QB and a better coach. Did you notice they actually had a game plan in the second half?

LT jumping around hyping people up is NOT going to tackle Maroney before he gets 7-10 yards on thrid down.

LT standing on the sidelines giving pep talks is NOT going to make Rivers throw to a wide open Jackson in the end zone.

LT running with a busted knee to prove he has heart is not going to make a difference in the game.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

I think if we can pick up another solid guy in the secondary we will have a pretty good D. And yea I agree with the Oline thing... whats the missing link.

And to those fans that say they're "getting used to losing" get the F off the bandwagon, I know you fairweather Charger fans werent there for the 1-15 year. Oh well, next year eh?

Bro, I hope you weren't referring to me.

Because I was working at the stadium during that 1-15 season. And yes, I actually had faith in Ryan Leaf at some point in that season. Word to Mike Riley.
Wasnt talking about you man. If there is one thing I know about NT, its the Socal forum and the handful of Charger fans that are currently bummedover the loss. It was directed at some of the people in the S+T forum and some of the people I was around at the time.

Anyway, I was thinking that subliminal type stuff from PRiv too. Maybe it was just me over analzying what he was saying?

Back
Top Bottom