Official San Antonio Spurs VS Memphis Grizzlies 1st Round Thread: MEM Win 4-2!

Very satisfied with this W!
Why? SA played the worst game I have seen from them this season.
Numerous TO's, Key Player's not stepping up, the shots were not the open shots they usually create, etc.
Credit to MEM, but a majority of the failures SA did to themselves. I cannot wait until Manu gets back to 100%, because he was amazing with one arm!
laugh.gif

The game makes me much more confident heading to MEM because SA will NOT play like that again...

Z-Bo will play better too, so it should be a great game!

PO

the spurs would not let this go 2 zip at their home, pop will be on to them all night...no surprise to this win...

Very satisfied with this W!
Why? SA played the worst game I have seen from them this season.
Numerous TO's, Key Player's not stepping up, the shots were not the open shots they usually create, etc.
Credit to MEM, but a majority of the failures SA did to themselves. I cannot wait until Manu gets back to 100%, because he was amazing with one arm!
laugh.gif

The game makes me much more confident heading to MEM because SA will NOT play like that again...

Z-Bo will play better too, so it should be a great game!

PO

the spurs would not let this go 2 zip at their home, pop will be on to them all night...no surprise to this win...

Good win for the Spurs. Pop needs to play Splitter in this series instead of Blair. He's too small and keeps getting his shots blocked when he tries to score against the Hornets front unit.

Good win for the Spurs. Pop needs to play Splitter in this series instead of Blair. He's too small and keeps getting his shots blocked when he tries to score against the Hornets front unit.

laugh.gif
 its funny because you know Memphis didn't play well either.
Zbo and Marc may not shoot 75%+,  but you know damn well they not going to shoot around 30% like they did tonight. Battier even shot terrible along with OJ.

It will be an interesting game though. Just know that this team will feel like they owe it to the fans to get that win at home. Not to mention, they played terrible. Also, the Spurs turnovers wasn't all on them. The Grizz do that to everybody and lots of teams blame it on their players when its just Memphis being scrappy.

laugh.gif
 its funny because you know Memphis didn't play well either.
Zbo and Marc may not shoot 75%+,  but you know damn well they not going to shoot around 30% like they did tonight. Battier even shot terrible along with OJ.

It will be an interesting game though. Just know that this team will feel like they owe it to the fans to get that win at home. Not to mention, they played terrible. Also, the Spurs turnovers wasn't all on them. The Grizz do that to everybody and lots of teams blame it on their players when its just Memphis being scrappy.

After watching the game on NBA tv today I don't see how spurs fans put up with their TV crew. Sean Elliot is horrible

After watching the game on NBA tv today I don't see how spurs fans put up with their TV crew. Sean Elliot is horrible

Breakdown of the play of the game;
Spurs Push It, Get A Back Breaking Three

In game two of their series the Memphis Grizzlies once again did a very good job of stiflingthe Spurs’ offense. However late in the game, there was a possession where the Spurs pushed it in transition and the Grizzlies made a few errors, allowing the Spurs to get a big three that extended the lead to six points with three minutes left. In my opinion, the Grizzlies were forced into these errors by the strongfundamentalsof the Spurs in transition.

push1.jpg

As soon as Richard Jefferson secures the defensive rebound, Tony Parker does a great job of getting into an area where Richardson can hit him with the outlet pass.

push2.jpg

As soon as Parker gets the basketball, he quickly takes the ball to the middle of the court to establish good spacing. If Parker keeps it along the sideline, he and Jefferson would be running shoulder to shoulder, allowing one defender to cover both of them.

push3.jpg

With Parker taking the basketball to the middle of the court, he now puts a ton of pressure on the defense as Jefferson streaks along the sideline. Parker is going to attack the rim as OK Mayo sticks with him. As this happens, Shane Battier should step out to the outside to stay with Jefferson in the corner (or at least get in the passing lane, something that Memphis is usually so good at doing).

push4.jpg

Instead, Battier gets sucked into the paint. The play is not over however, since the Grizzlies do have Marc Gasol trailing the play. He could have gotten in the passing lane and stolen/prevented a pass to Jefferson. However, Gasol too gets sucked into Parker’s penetration.

push5.jpg

Parker is able to kick the ball out to Jefferson in the corner and knocks it down before Gasol can get the close-out and challenge the shot effectively. Here is the play in real time

Link

Breakdown of the play of the game;
Spurs Push It, Get A Back Breaking Three

In game two of their series the Memphis Grizzlies once again did a very good job of stiflingthe Spurs’ offense. However late in the game, there was a possession where the Spurs pushed it in transition and the Grizzlies made a few errors, allowing the Spurs to get a big three that extended the lead to six points with three minutes left. In my opinion, the Grizzlies were forced into these errors by the strongfundamentalsof the Spurs in transition.

push1.jpg

As soon as Richard Jefferson secures the defensive rebound, Tony Parker does a great job of getting into an area where Richardson can hit him with the outlet pass.

push2.jpg

As soon as Parker gets the basketball, he quickly takes the ball to the middle of the court to establish good spacing. If Parker keeps it along the sideline, he and Jefferson would be running shoulder to shoulder, allowing one defender to cover both of them.

push3.jpg

With Parker taking the basketball to the middle of the court, he now puts a ton of pressure on the defense as Jefferson streaks along the sideline. Parker is going to attack the rim as OK Mayo sticks with him. As this happens, Shane Battier should step out to the outside to stay with Jefferson in the corner (or at least get in the passing lane, something that Memphis is usually so good at doing).

push4.jpg

Instead, Battier gets sucked into the paint. The play is not over however, since the Grizzlies do have Marc Gasol trailing the play. He could have gotten in the passing lane and stolen/prevented a pass to Jefferson. However, Gasol too gets sucked into Parker’s penetration.

push5.jpg

Parker is able to kick the ball out to Jefferson in the corner and knocks it down before Gasol can get the close-out and challenge the shot effectively. Here is the play in real time

Link

Look at it this way, we wasn't expecting to come out 2-0 in SAS. 1-1 is a very good split being that we took the most important game IMO. If we lost Game 1 and took Game 2, then I would be more nervous because winning 3 straight is very difficult. Game 3 is just as important as Game 1. I think whoever wins Game 3 will win the series.

The series will go 6 or 7 though. If it goes 7, I see SAS winning because there is no way we can win in their environment without our true closer. But, they may prove me wrong. Its in the Grizz favor to win these games at home (1 game I KNOW we will win).

Back
Top Bottom