Official Rugby World Cup 2011 thread

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

word...so that 8:30 pm start would be 3:30 am here on the east coast

perfect timing for when im home from the bars
laugh.gif
I think you were right with your first guess. The best way to look at it is this, you're eight hours ahead of NZ, but a day behind...

Get it? Right now it's 12.22pm Saturday here, and it's 8.22pm Friday in Boston.
laugh.gif
  *head is spinning*

nah got it now. thanks
pimp.gif

I wonder if Kdawg is watching Scotland vs Romania right now...

Romania is looking good. 18 - 6 Scotland as of just now. Few missed penalty kicks from Romania.

EDIT: TRY ROMANIA!!!

Beautiful rolling maul over the tryline
pimp.gif

Half time: 18 - 11 Scotland.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I wonder if Kdawg is watching Scotland vs Romania right now...

Romania is looking good. 18 - 6 Scotland as of just now. Few missed penalty kicks from Romania.

Yeh Scotland is being penalized way too much, and now Romania with a try. Scotland gonna have to step it up in 2nd half cuz they re not passing the group stages playing like this

Scotland won in the end, 34 - 24. Had to be some worries there for a while.

Namibia vs Fiji right now. Namibia up 12 -10. With three drop goals in a row!!
eek.gif

Edit: Fiji just scored.

This could be an insane game. Quick tries, the potential for countless drop goals...

Arduous win for Scotland, they scored 2 tries in the last 10 mn to  snatch the offensive bonnus; still they were far from dominating like they should have. 
Fiji with lot of indiscipline and a good Namibian kicker, hopefully we see more crazy runs. 

Yeh I love to watch the Fijians play, Im very pleased with the level of this world cup so far, Games are actually closer than expected. "Minor" teams seem to have considerably improved which make it more interesting to watch.  Anyway cant wait for France's game, I hope we make a good start and gain more confidence than the All blacks did. 

how is this not shown live on a non PPV channel in the states...blows my mind

I take back wot i said, very poor performance by France 
eyes.gif
 , very scary for the rest of the tournament, and this game is far from over too. Terrible referring too, Japan is playing at home, i feel like watching a H cup game.

Japan though!! If they hadn't tired out at the end!

They had France rattled for most of the game.

Kick off for Argentina vs England in a few minutes!!! GO ARGENTINA!!!

Damn, Argentina just lost to England 13 - 9.

Wilkinson uncharacteristically missed 4 penalties. Argentina missed 7
sick.gif
could've been such a different game. Was a good, hard, physical match. Definitely one the NFL naysayers should have seen to really get an idea of how physical rugby can be.

And a streaker!! I think he was the second streaker I've ever seen at a first class rugby game
laugh.gif
I think I'm in my tenth hour of watching rugby today
pimp.gif
#feelsgoodman

Went to bed at 4:30am last night, got to watch every games though 
pimp.gif
 Argentina very close from causing the upset, they gonna regret missing so many penalties, very poor kicking display by both teams; hopefully Wilko will find his usual form. Honestly I dont care as long as He comes back healthy to play for the hometown Toulon. Australia and South Africa enter the tournament today.

I couldn't stay up so I just finished watching the game. Great start but then it got really untidy. Great finish though so that was a good start to the tournament.

Almost a great day when I thought England were going to lose. At least they didn't get a bonus point so we lead the group right now.

Very nice performance by the US, great defense and a deserved try at the end. Ireland confirming the struggles they had during their preparation. 
Good 2nd half by the Australians earlier vs Italy. Very impressed by Samo, remarkable  ball handling   and strength for a 35 years old. gotta love Ioane explosiveness as well.

Now on to the big game of the day 
pimp.gif

This is tough - trying to fit in 3 matches in the morning. I watched about half the USA game then started forwarding and waiting for the score to change - I don't have all day to just sit here.

Wales/SA was pretty exciting. A decent tough game too.

Kiwi checking in.

Im not really going to watch until the AB's make the final. Too many disappointments, France '99, Australia '03, France '07.

Mark my words for you Australian's - Quade Cooper is going to get his +*+ handed to him if/when we meet them.

729-haka-slit-420x0.jpg

I love it - but you can't deny that the Haka is an unfair advantage. They won't admit it - but teams are rattled. At least some of the Pacific Islanders have their own too - that evens it up a bit.

I look forward to you playing in grey when you meet Scotland in the Quarter's though - that's been kryptonite in the past too.

What a disappointment for Wales, I didnt expect the game to be so close. They had some makable kicks and should have won this one. Wales still have to face Fiji and Samoa and they might regret leting this one slipping away from them. Concernin the Haka I think it used to be an advantage but not anymore, players are professsional its not like they playing them for the 1st time they know hat to expect. 

Originally Posted by kdawg

I love it - but you can't deny that the Haka is an unfair advantage. They won't admit it - but teams are rattled. At least some of the Pacific Islanders have their own too - that evens it up a bit.

I look forward to you playing in grey when you meet Scotland in the Quarter's though - that's been kryptonite in the past too.

Our alternative uniform is white though. And I can't see us wearing an alternative as we're the home side. I may be wrong though. And those grey jerseys at the '07 cup
sick.gif

mad.gif

And teams have their own ways of getting a jab in at the haka, not taking off track suits, the crowd chanting (like in South Africa). If anything, it's a tradition, not a scare tactic. Well maybe not Kapa O'Pango
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mourf83

What a disappointment for Wales, I didnt expect the game to be so close. They had some makable kicks and should have won this one. Wales still have to face Fiji and Samoa and they might regret leting this one slipping away from them. Concernin the Haka I think it used to be an advantage but not anymore, players are professsional its not like they playing them for the 1st time they know hat to expect. 
I think Wales got robbed, that penalty went through.  I wonder if they can appeal at all.
The Haka has no effect anymore its just an awesome spectacle for the fans.  My mom only watches that then leaves the room.

Oh I forgot to add Digby is out for the tournament, apparently a fractured thumb.

Back
Top Bottom