Official Rockets (55-27) Season Thread-5th place, HCA

Question for Rockets fans.

With this 21 game streak, does it solidify the idea that this team does better with either Yao or T-Mac? Not both?
Im curious as to what Houston/Rockets fans are thinking about that idea. With the 21 in a row, It might bring the idea of separating those two.

Just curious.

Keep it up Rockets!

This is exactly what I was hoping for, a Rockets W and a Lakers loss. Now it's a tie for the top spot.
21 in a row
pimp.gif

T-Mac stepping up big time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lakers on Sunday, going for 22. Let's get itttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

With this 21 game streak, does it solidify the idea that this team does better with either Yao or T-Mac? Not both?
Im curious as to what Houston/Rockets fans are thinking about that idea. With the 21 in a row, It might bring the idea of separating those two.

Just curious.

Keep it up Rockets!

they won 12 in a row WITH yao
they won 9 in a row WITHOUT him

they prollie would go through next week undefeated if yao was playing.

I think with Yao, bad shooting nights like last night, he would have put pressure off Mac and the guard to make shots knowing hes down there.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

I saw Htowns pics on facebook. That is one lucky dude.
I thought he would post them here? I'd love to see those.
nerd.gif

Just curious.

Keep it up Rockets!

Ok, considering their rcord WITHOUT T-Mac (he came to Houston before the 2004-05 season)....

ogch8j.jpg

(Those numbers don't show when Yao has or has not played though).

The Rockets first two seasons with JUST Yao, they went 45-37 (rookie year) and 51-31 his next year (96-68 total). Not bad. But check this breakdown of theRockets with no McGrady:
[h3]2004-05: Four games missed (3-1)[/h3][table][tr][td]Games missed (dates)[/td] [td]Reason[/td] [td]Rockets record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2 (Nov. 11 and 13)[/td] [td]Right hip strain[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Jan. 24)[/td] [td]Personal reasons[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (April 20)[/td] [td]Back spasms[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][/table]
• • •
[h3]2005-06: 35 games missed (8-27)[/h3][table][tr][td]Games missed (dates)[/td] [td]Reason[/td] [td]Rockets record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8 (Nov. 5-10, Nov. 20-26)[/td] [td]Strained back[/td] [td]0-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5 (Jan. 10-18)[/td] [td]Back spasm[/td] [td]0-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Feb. 24)[/td] [td]Family emergency[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (March 7)[/td] [td]Sore back[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20 (March 12-April 12)[/td] [td]Back injury[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [/tr][/table]
• • •
[h3]2006-07: 11 games missed (2-9)[/h3][table][tr][td]Games missed (dates)[/td] [td]Reason[/td] [td]Rockets record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7 (Dec. 12-23)[/td] [td]Back spasms[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Jan. 17)[/td] [td]Sore lower back[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Feb. 26)[/td] [td]Flu[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (April 6)[/td] [td]Stiff lower back[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (April 18)[/td] [td]Rested for playoffs[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][/table]

I've always said that the Rockets can win with either one of them missing from the lineup. And with both in there, the Rockets are TOUGH.

But they'll almost ALWAYS lose if T-Mac misses a game against good teams. On the other hand, if Yao misses a game against a top team, the Rockets stillhave a good chance of winning.

Realistically speaking though, I think the Rockets will get rid of T-Mac before Yao.

Yao brings in the money, plain in and simple and if a GM is stupid enough to get rid of him, he is about to lose a lot of money and viewers of the rocketsfranchise.

Ill get the pics up by tonight of the ATL game in the locker room...sorry i been busy for the past few days

i hope Pau doesn't play. Lakers fans can't even make excuses that "Rockets will only win if Pau is out." Yao has been out so it all evens outimo. no Pau and no Yao, just T-mac vs. Kobe

Originally Posted by nyk buc

what a gutsy performance by tmac, truly an MVP-worthy performance

48 mins, 30 pts, 7 boards, 4 assists, and stopping a lot of the bobcats runs
MVP preformace my bootyhole

Jrich had 35% of the teams points, 8 boards, 5 assists, a block and a steal

its not his fault that he is stuck with a sorry team

2b76253f8eaf13b4c38081a38bf00fa6-getty-76075795gj004_bobcats_mavs.jpg

JRICH 4 LYFE

Originally Posted by cheezybaby

JRICH 4 LYFE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OK heres the story of my trip to Atlanta with pics now...

I'm on spring break now and my dad offered to take me to Atlanta just for the game. So we fly to Atlanta, hit up a few shoe spots, then head to the arena.We are standing inline at will call when Les Alexander, owner of the Rockets, walks up to get his tickets. I was being stupid and told him we were from houstonand came just for the game, etc. So he thanks us for the support and hands me and my dad these:

That got me in to the locker room after the game...heres the rest of the pics from after the game...

Sorry for the size i dont know how to resize:

By the court

outside the locker room(nervous as hell by the way)

Adelman came out to get interviewed

In the locker room...Shane getting interviewed...tmac in his underwear in the back...haha

T-mac getting interviewed

In the locker room

Me and deke

Me and T-mac

Me and Shane

Me and Scola

Me and Rafer

Kevin Willis sighting!

I've got pics with everyone on the team, but yall get the point. All these were taken with my dad's iphone, so the quality isnt the best. Seriouslythis was the coolest thing ive ever done i think... enjoy the pics...

JRICH 4 LYFE

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Fecta23

I saw Htowns pics on facebook. That is one lucky dude.
I thought he would post them here? I'd love to see those.
nerd.gif

Just curious.

Keep it up Rockets!

Ok, considering their rcord WITHOUT T-Mac (he came to Houston before the 2004-05 season)....

ogch8j.jpg

(Those numbers don't show when Yao has or has not played though).

The Rockets first two seasons with JUST Yao, they went 45-37 (rookie year) and 51-31 his next year (96-68 total). Not bad. But check this breakdown of the Rockets with no McGrady:
[h3]2004-05: Four games missed (3-1)[/h3] [table][tr][td]Games missed (dates)[/td] [td]Reason[/td] [td]Rockets record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2 (Nov. 11 and 13)[/td] [td]Right hip strain[/td] [td]1-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Jan. 24)[/td] [td]Personal reasons[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (April 20)[/td] [td]Back spasms[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][/table]
• • •
[h3]2005-06: 35 games missed (8-27)[/h3] [table][tr][td]Games missed (dates)[/td] [td]Reason[/td] [td]Rockets record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8 (Nov. 5-10, Nov. 20-26)[/td] [td]Strained back[/td] [td]0-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5 (Jan. 10-18)[/td] [td]Back spasm[/td] [td]0-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Feb. 24)[/td] [td]Family emergency[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (March 7)[/td] [td]Sore back[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20 (March 12-April 12)[/td] [td]Back injury[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [/tr][/table]
• • •
[h3]2006-07: 11 games missed (2-9)[/h3] [table][tr][td]Games missed (dates)[/td] [td]Reason[/td] [td]Rockets record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7 (Dec. 12-23)[/td] [td]Back spasms[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Jan. 17)[/td] [td]Sore lower back[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (Feb. 26)[/td] [td]Flu[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (April 6)[/td] [td]Stiff lower back[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (April 18)[/td] [td]Rested for playoffs[/td] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][/table]

I've always said that the Rockets can win with either one of them missing from the lineup. And with both in there, the Rockets are TOUGH.

But they'll almost ALWAYS lose if T-Mac misses a game against good teams. On the other hand, if Yao misses a game against a top team, the Rockets still have a good chance of winning.

Realistically speaking though, I think the Rockets will get rid of T-Mac before Yao.
#1 - The resolution on that photo is damn near better than the winning streak...
laugh.gif
j/k rockets fans
#2 - Thanks for those stats. I know the Rockets are one of the best teams in the NBA with both in the lineup, but didnt know without Mac they drop off thatmuch.

Anyway, hope the streak continues for you guys. Keep it up.

JRICH 4 LYFE

no you didnt
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
gymfao
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

HTownRox.... Dope pics man!
eek.gif
at those being from an iphone.

Lookin' like a straight stalker right here.
laugh.gif

No you didn't catch Mac with no pants on.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

HTownRox.... Dope pics man!
eek.gif
at those being from an iphone.

Lookin' like a straight stalker right here.
laugh.gif

No you didn't catch Mac with no pants on.
roll.gif

so shuges, kevin willis looks MAD SUSPECT there staring DOWN at tmac gettin his pants up
roll.gif
sick.gif
nerd.gif

Much Respect to Rockets fans during this streak
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
especially after going thru the Lakers/Rockets game thread. The fact that yall won 22 in a row yet still provide rational and logical arguments justshows me that yall at least true fans IMO. Salutations my dudes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you're a lucky guy. wish i could bump into les on fridays game against the warriors. speaking of that, anyone going?

Back
Top Bottom