[| -- Official Ricky Ross "Deeper Than Rap" Album Thread: Drops April 21st -- |]

Ricky did it.

FTR I deleted the Ne-yo track and the track w/ Dream.

But outside of that.

smh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Yea, that Dream track is
sick.gif

Should have replaced that with Cigar Music. The track with Robin Thicke could be single material too.

Album is real laid back just like I expected since hearing the leaked tracks. I think it's missing a hardcore street record IMO. Anyways, after the firstlisten I give it a 3.75/5...

Ahh i figured out where I heard the beat to rich off cocaine...

It was a remix of december 4th... like YEARS ago.. same exact beat

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Yea, that Dream track is
sick.gif

Should have replaced that with Cigar Music. The track with Robin Thicke could be single material too.

Album is real laid back just like I expected since hearing the leaked tracks. I think it's missing a hardcore street record IMO. Anyways, after the first listen I give it a 3.75/5...
Listened to about 20 seconds and deaded that...terrible...

It's not bad. Worth a DL.

Listened to it again and this album is very good. 50 better come with it on B.I.S.D. Ross came hard on this effort. The only song I don't like is"Face". The track with the Dream isn't bad at all its just that him and Ne-Yo on the same CD doesn't make much sense. I don't see the bigfuss over the name "Rich Off Cocaine". When the single drops, the name will change. To me this is a great song for the summer and something to justride in the whip to (only if I had a whip).

That Dream song isn't that bad. One of the weaker songs on the album but it gets better as you play it. For a minute I thought something was wrong with mycomputer. Didn't seem like the beat matched the vocals. They should've made a decision on the Ne-Yo and Dream tracks. No need for both on the album.Production on the album is some of the best i've heard this year. Its actually the best i've heard. "Rich Off Cocaine" and "UsualSuspects" are getting played to death back to back right now.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

From a lyrical aspect has ross improved ALOT since Port of Miami..or is it just me?

Sounds the same to me. But I always thought Ross was spitting.

Originally Posted by Fiasco23

who's on the hook of Usual Suspects?
pimp.gif

one of the few tracks i like
Kevin Cossom, He's the first artist on Danja's new N.A.R.S. record label & he also wrote Keri Hilson's "Knock You Down"record.

Am I the only one who thinks all the songs on this album sound completely the same except for a few. Cigar Music, Magnificent, Rich off Cocaine, Yacht Club,Mafia Music Part 2 and the list goes on. This dude tried too hard to make all the songs laid back, smooth, mafia/boss feel. None of the songs are actually clubbangers or whip bangers. Tries too hard to be a mobster in this album and the truth is he isnt and all the songs sound the same. This is by far his weakestalbum.

Trilla had some awesome songs.
Billionaire, Speedin, All I have in this world, Reppin my city, this is the life...
Officer Ricky is done.

Originally Posted by ItWasWritten

Am I the only one who thinks all the songs on this album sound completely the same except for a few. Cigar Music, Magnificent, Rich off Cocaine, Yacht Club, Mafia Music Part 2 and the list goes on. This dude tried too hard to make all the songs laid back, smooth, mafia/boss feel. None of the songs are actually club bangers or whip bangers. Tries too hard to be a mobster in this album and the truth is he isnt and all the songs sound the same. This is by far his weakest album.

Trilla had some awesome songs.
Billionaire, Speedin, All I have in this world, Reppin my city, this is the life...
Officer Ricky is done.

I disagree. The laid back feel works. And Ross does it well. The album fails when the more club songs come out like that Trina song. Actually without Trinathat song can be saved. Not a bad song at all. This album has consistency. That's why I don't rock with TIP's albums. I do to an extent butthey'll never be great albums because they're all over the place. Like a soundtrack to a film. This #$@ is consistent. Without Justice League'sproduction this #$@ isn't half as good.

Back
Top Bottom