Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

I was cleaning up the kicks and finally got around to snapping a pic
Love the way the Mango laces come alive with flash 
glasses.gif

69416b62c5c97944be4bb6ea0189534cf1edb149_r.jpg

20b26996becf0c537394c9bd42ed01ca999ad444_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Carolina Finest

I dunno who wants them that bad but the black elites on air-knight.com for 290 shipped and both white and black as previously stated are on kicksole.com 345 & 330 shipped respectively. I'll wait. Slh and rent and cost of LIVING..shall I go on? Smh

Are they legit? I've read and heard bad things about them? I believe they rebranded as kicksole because of the bad rep they got before?

roll.gif
I can't believe people are arguing over the name of the South Beach/McFlys 9's. Some of ya'll are actually getting all hurt lmao

Now let's get back to the shoes

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

I don't like Lebron either, but flipping the crown upside down to make a point is silly. You would sound ******ed telling that to someone in real life.
"Yo! those Lebrons are nice, I thought you didn't like Lebron!"
"I don't that's why I flipped the crown on the laces upside down..."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Corniest thing ever. How do you dislike a player but support HIS product line? Makes no sense.
what if, just what if, he likes to look at the crown from his point of view.
grin.gif

I can't stand lebron as a person and the way he handles certain things... The Kobe line has been somewhat boring to me and the Lebron line has put out some solid colorways so I dabbled a lil bit with the 9s. I've been off and on following this thread for a lil bit now because of my new interest... But this thread has become pretty corny wth all these dudes arguing over dumb %$#!. Who cares what the nickname is? Who cares why/how you wear the laces, who cares what laces someone else uses... If you like it, cool... Comment or not and keep it movin... If you don't, comment and keep it movin.

..... I think my next target might be those UKs, or maybe a pair of the lows if I can find either cheap enough
smokin.gif

That doesn't make any sense though, so because you dislike the player means you have to boycott his shoes or something?

Its not even about "supporting" the guy, its a damn Nike shoe and if someone likes it does not mean they have to like a specific player it's associated with.

People care too much about nothing.

I don't know if I would ever wear a shoe if I "hated" the person's name on it...maybe if I was indifferent about the player...but I feel like trash talking a player while HIS name is strapped to my feet just doesn't make sense...just can't do it.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

That doesn't make any sense though, so because you dislike the player means you have to boycott his shoes or something?

Its not even about "supporting" the guy, its a damn Nike shoe and if someone likes it does not mean they have to like a specific player it's associated with.

Exactly, Im not the biggest fan of Lebron but Im a fan of good looking sneakers so I buy sneakers that I like regardless of what player wears them. 
Thats just like saying since this person is my favorite player I have to buy his shoes. No. Im pretty sure there are several John Wall fans who wouldn't touch a pair of zig techs. 

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Exactly, Im not the biggest fan of Lebron but Im a fan of good looking sneakers so I buy sneakers that I like regardless of what player wears them. 
Thats just like saying since this person is my favorite player I have to buy his shoes. No. Im pretty sure there are several John Wall fans who wouldn't touch a pair of zig techs. 

I don't think it's so much that you have to buy the shoe your favorite player wears(although a lot want to emulate & that's the whole idea of endorsements) but more of a "how do you hate & like something of his at the same time, would you not wanna hate that as well?"Example, I love black/blue/white shoes. The UK 9s were loved by me at first sight, I have nothing truly to hate with UK(and there's no branding but that's beside the point) but I was fine buying those. I'm a UNC fan really though...With those facts, the "Duke" Kobe 7s caught my attention originally, I refuse to buy them simply because of the Duke association(even though there's no "true" link) because I don't want Amy association with Duke. I know none of that Kobe/Nike money goes to Duke but still, that will not be something I will get over due to my hate of Duke.Another way you could look at it, you work at Pepsi, or better yet you part owner of Pepsi. You probably hate coke, some may enjoy the taste of coke & not care so they may continue drinking the competitor's drink they should probably hate. Others would be against anything associated with Coke out of hate for the competition. Personally I would be one against anything Coke, who's to say I'm right or anyone else is though, I don't get how you could be ok with that, thing is that has nothing at all to do with me so if you're cool with lacing the pockets of the person/thing/inspiration you hate...well I'm cool letting you do it.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

IRRELEVENT.

DUDES JUST WON'T LET THE SOUTH BEACH NAME DIE WITH THE 8'S.

It's not as lame as McFly's. 
FIXED.
If you want to call them "McFly's" that's cool but I just think that the South Beach colorway is a signature colorway that their trying to make a part of the Lebron Line just like how they did with the Dunkmans which is also not the same exact color every year but they have they still have the same signature colors except for the Lebron 6 low which used more of a yellow color instead of the volt green. But just like the China's . And you and I both know that these shoes will sell out, be hunted by resellers, and be very popular, because of that South Beach colorway not because of anything to with the McFly's and just like Sneakermane said I guarantee you there's going to be a South Beach version of the X's. So it's not really people not letting the shoe die it's just the Lebron Line adding another signature colorway just like the Dunkmans, Christmas, Chinas, and now the South Beach's. But like I said before if you want to call them "McFly's" that's cool just like people called the All Star shoe Big Bang/Galaxy anyway you put it the shoe is FIRE 
pimp.gif
And it looks like you and I both will be copping them!

I just want the South Beach name and color way to die with the 8. Thats the only reason I dont like the name for the 9 elites, but hey everyone will call them what they want.

Yeah, I hate Bron too but like the shoes a lot.

And more pictures of the elites got them looking nice to me. :/

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

I just want the South Beach name and color way to die with the 8. Thats the only reason I dont like the name for the 9 elites, but hey everyone will call them what they want.
But say you were a marketing promoter or designer for the Nike Lebron Line do you think it would be smart or logical to let one of your most popular and highest selling colorways from that line to just cancel out when you already had  people going crazy for the ones that came out before them? It's always about making money with any company that's why they held the SB colorway to put on their $80 higher pair of Elites so that they could have a $250 shoe (Nike's highest pair of shoes to release to date) be anticipated and to sell out with ease just because of that SB title which will most likely sell better than every other pair of elites that will release also just because of that name and the hype surrounded around the SB name.

Originally Posted by Joulze

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

But say you were a marketing promoter or designer for the Nike Lebron Line do you think it would be smart or logical to let one of your most popular and highest selling colorways from that line to just cancel out when you already had  people going crazy for the ones that came out before them? It's always about making money with any company that's why they held the SB colorway to put on their $80 higher pair of Elites so that they could have a $250 shoe (Nike's highest pair of shoes to release to date) be anticipated and to sell out with ease just because of that SB title which will most likely sell better than every other pair of elites that will release also just because of that name and the hype surrounded around the SB name.

Oh no I totally agree from a marketing stand point. All I am saying is that i wish it just wasnt called the sb color way. I mean its not that much of a big deal, i just think the sb colorway was the highlight of the 8 and should stay that way. What Nike and their marketing team do is all on them, I understand they are in business to make money no matter what I or anyone else thinks.

Back
Top Bottom