Official Reebok Kamikaze II Thread AKA "Reignmans"

Used a coupon and rewards to get the Kamikaze's for $85.

Last edited:

LOL better materials, please...are they trying to pull the remastered card, come on its so lame. Regardless, they still going to sale, thats how hype works. 
100% spot on - how much better can these new materials be with a $25 price increase. I'd replace my pair if this re-issue had the 'Kemp' or even 'Kamikaze' (as NK suggested) on the eyelet.

@rodrigofresh - so apart from flooding the market with Kami IIs are there any plans to bring back the Preacher?
lol @ the preacher... No way i see them bringing these back as the bulkier retros are REALLY slow at retail 

lol @ the preacher... No way i see them bringing these back as the bulkier retros are REALLY slow at retail 

Why the 'lol' comment though? The White OG & Black OG colourways will definitely sell out - they can drop them in 'limited' quantities if necessary to generate hype.

You clearly have some pull with Reebok corporate so why not suggest the Preacher? It will also more or less conclude the true retro replacement of the those lackluster 'Reethym of Life' sneakers (Kamikaze, Blast & Sermon).

Why the 'lol' comment though? The White OG & Black OG colourways will definitely sell out - they can drop them in 'limited' quantities if necessary to generate hype.

You clearly have some pull with Reebok corporate so why not suggest the Preacher? It will also more or less conclude the true retro replacement of the those lackluster 'Reethym of Life' sneakers (Kamikaze, Blast & Sermon).

Those pseudo-retros were truly horrible. I'm glad that Reebok seem to have some to their senses in that regard.

Those pseudo-retros were truly horrible. I'm glad that Reebok seem to have some to their senses in that regard.

Tell me about it - every single one of those joints went down to $19.99 - and I still don't think people purchased them. :smh:

Dropping something in limited quantities doesn't necessarily generate revenue unless you plan on dropping a commercial color to the masses....  If the ES22 didnt sell well, and other Reebok Retro models are slow... i wouldnt plan on seeing a resurgence of new Retros until the next Retro trend starts, that could be 10 years away. 

Wasn't sure which thread this belonged in, but man, those Kamikaze Pumps are so confusing to me. Such a waste of time and money when they've got a number of surefire hits still stashed in the vaults. Seriously, did they really think someone out there was clamoring to see those two models fused together? Same goes for the Questions. Just poor. 

Wasn't sure which thread this belonged in, but man, those Kamikaze Pumps are so confusing to me. Such a waste of time and money when they've got a number of surefire hits still stashed in the vaults. Seriously, did they really think someone out there was clamoring to see those two models fused together? Same goes for the Questions. Just poor. 

You're not the only one dude, but they have to recuperate as much money as they can from the Kamikaze molds and there is a resurgence in 'Pump' tech seeing as it is the anniversary.

The overall build quality of Reebok product is alot better than Nike/JB retro in the grand scheme of things and these hybrids may appeal to different types of consumers.

Dropping something in limited quantities doesn't necessarily generate revenue unless you plan on dropping a commercial color to the masses....  If the ES22 didnt sell well, and other Reebok Retro models are slow... i wouldnt plan on seeing a resurgence of new Retros until the next Retro trend starts, that could be 10 years away. 

I'm not sure about the ES22 and they did tweak the sole (making it gum colored) thus making it a retro+. I hear you on some of the Reebok retros not doing so well, but aren't we in a retro phase presently? I'm sure there are consumers out there tired of low quality Nike/JB retro product so why not get out as many models as possible?

Judging by the amount of Kami II colours that've released you'd think they've more or less recuperated the tooling or initial production costs.

Last edited:
I am one of those people tired of the JB/Nike ginormous BS quality and prices, and I am 100% sure Reebok returned several times their investment in the Kamikaze ll molds, time to move on to something new and more exciting. 

There are literally hundreds of models, a lot of them are listed in the previous pages, you can head over and check them out. And if selling out is their goal, they can close shop now, no model will sell out, unless is White and Azure Attaq in limited quantities. 

^Agree trentbg trentbg . Plus you never know what models people like. I like a lot of Reeboks but I'm not a Preacher fan. I'll take multiples of the Verticals, which I know won't release, let alone sell out even if they did.

Last edited:
^Agree trentbg trentbg . Plus you never know what models people like. I like a lot of Reeboks but I'm not a Preacher fan. I'll take multiples of the Verticals, which I know won't release, let alone sell out even if they did.

This is true. When you're talking retro models of a non-hypebeast brand like Reebok, it's very hard to tell what will sell. This is why they stick to things that they've had success with already (Questions, Classic Leathers, etc.), and things we thought were coming (the other iteration of Blacktops for example and the Swingman) seem to disappear.

This is true. When you're talking retro models of a non-hypebeast brand like Reebok, it's very hard to tell what will sell. This is why they stick to things that they've had success with already (Questions, Classic Leathers, etc.), and things we thought were coming (the other iteration of Blacktops for example and the Swingman) seem to disappear.
don't think the black tops did so hot

don't think the black tops did so hot

Exactly my point. When they try something outside the Question/Classic zone, it's been hit & miss commercially. Shaq Attaq & Shaqnosis seemed to do well, but the Attaq IV not so much, and goodness knows the retro+ product has been sitting. They know they'll always be able to move Classics in Europe and Fury Pumps in Japan, but they seem to be getting more risk averse overall with the retro product. So we saw samples of the Battleground II and the Swingman, but nothing has eventuated. No doubt this is due to the fact that you can find pretty much every retro Blacktop product at well below retail wherever it's stocked (as you pointed out).

Last edited:
It is such a damn shame how Nike/JB get a free pass to produce some of the lowest quality, variant like garbage with zero repercussions from the average sneaker consumer while decent Reebok retro product languishes.

Maybe I come from a different era, but does quality not matter anymore?

It is such a damn shame how Nike/JB get a free pass to produce some of the lowest quality, variant like garbage with zero repercussions from the average sneaker consumer while decent Reebok retro product languishes.

Maybe I come from a different era, but does quality not matter anymore?

It certainly does to some of us. But it would appear that a far larger number are buying for other reasons (**cough** hype **cough**).

As fans of the non-Nike products, those of us who frequent the "Other Brands" region of NT are caught in a bit of a bind. We would love others to see how good the things we like are, but at the same time we really enjoy the low prices that the lack of demand leads to! Then again, we hope that the shoes we enjoy don't stop getting produced due to this same lack of demand.

I think that's why (although I don't buy them) the Reebok mash-ups with pumps, and the crossfit gear is fine by me, as long as its keeping Classics viable!

Back
Top Bottom