Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

decided to get gamefly for a month and rented this game....... played for about 30 minutes and was bored to death with it. Late last night i decide to give it another shot, and as soon as i got to start killing people I could not put this game down
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I have no time to play video games anymore
smh.gif
at working 40 hours a week

i just beat the game.  i guess i'll do all the bounties and strangers now.  maybe pick some flowers too
laugh.gif

i think i completed every single mission including the strangers, and it says im at 77% finish, so im guessing the rest of the game is tryna unlock the uniforms, but they type hard though, i hate the ones that have to find OD stuff

I'm done with this game for the most part. beat it first week, legendary 5 level 50 online, merked countless dudes in free roam with my friends... i can go back and finish single player but i doubt i will. Oh well, great game overall. Back to CODMW2 and 2K10.

And hunting objectives.

There my favorite, try killing the Grizzly Bear with you knife
eek.gif
eek.gif

Just beat it. I liked the story and ending. Gotta go back and clear out the gang hideouts and do the bounties. I hope they make another one. I tried to kill the bear with the knife, but I forgot i had throwing knives and killed it first try haha.

I'm a beast with the hunting
pimp.gif
When you have to knife the cougars it's best to go after the pair that chase people around. Or if you hang around on your horse long enough they will ambush you.

Just go to a hot spot for cougars and lay down some bait then sneak up behind them with a knife.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Just go to a hot spot for cougars and lay down some bait then sneak up behind them with a knife.
I didn't realize you had to kill animals with your knife. Thanks for the heads up with the bait. Are these missions to become an expert hunter or are they part of unlocking outfits?

i'm just gonna head up to the snowy mountain area on a nice relaxing hunting trip.  gonna get some bears to sell in mexico too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Mister916

I didn't realize you had to kill animals with your knife. Thanks for the heads up with the bait. Are these missions to become an expert hunter or are they part of unlocking outfits?
Certain hunting challenges require you to kill animals with a knife. I think there's only 3.

Does this game compare with Fallout 3 at all? Or is it more of a Western GTA?

Thinking about copping but I wanna know what I'm getting in to first.

The soundtrack is Piffery.

I wouldn't say it's exactly. There are only a few major similarities I find in this and in the GTA series.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

For the Stranger mission: Jenny's Faith where is her medicine?~

Just go to Armadillo, just buy some medicine there and bring it back to her. Should just be in the general store, don't remember exactly.

Alright I have a couple of questions:

1.) Where the hell do you find boars besides Stillwater Creek? I need them for the Master Hunter level 4 ranking. I found and killed two boars at Stillwater (or more accurately they found me
laugh.gif
 ) but I haven't had any luck since. Even setting bait didn't help.

2.) For the bounty missions, how do distinguish the bounty from the members of his gang? I figured he would be a different color from his posse so he'd be easier to spot, but on my 1st bounty mission I couldn't tell and ended up killing everybody. I ask because I want to take the bounties alive to earn more money and also get scraps for the different outfits

3.) For the Sharpshooter challenge level 4 where you have to shoot birds from a moving train, where in the game does this opportunity present itself? I took the train with Ricketts to complete a mission and I figured that would be my opportunity to complete this challenge but all I could do was look around

Originally Posted by toine2983

Alright I have a couple of questions:

1.) Where the hell do you find boars besides Stillwater Creek? I need them for the Master Hunter level 4 ranking. I found and killed two boars at Stillwater (or more accurately they found me
laugh.gif
 ) but I haven't had any luck since. Even setting bait didn't help.

2.) For the bounty missions, how do distinguish the bounty from the members of his gang? I figured he would be a different color from his posse so he'd be easier to spot, but on my 1st bounty mission I couldn't tell and ended up killing everybody. I ask because I want to take the bounties alive to earn more money and also get scraps for the different outfits

3.) For the Sharpshooter challenge level 4 where you have to shoot birds from a moving train, where in the game does this opportunity present itself? I took the train with Ricketts to complete a mission and I figured that would be my opportunity to complete this challenge but all I could do was look around

I only have an answer for #2

On you mini map, the bounty will be the red skull icon. All the others will be red dots.

Back
Top Bottom