Official Prey 2 and Predator 6 Movie Threads. Vol. Yes, Two movies OTW!

So one Pred movie has the Native American chick and this one also has a female main protagonist. Hollywood just seems to an obsession with watching young women get terrorized for 90 minutes, at this point. Alien movie main is also another young female so hat trick, I guess:lol:

So one Pred movie has the Native American chick and this one also has a female main protagonist. Hollywood just seems to an obsession with watching young women get terrorized for 90 minutes, at this point. Alien movie main is also another young female so hat trick, I guess:lol:

All I know is Prey was a BADASS movie! Gory like Predator movies should be. I have faith that Trachtenberg will make this as good or better than his last!! I can't wait!!

Last edited:

It’s always hilarious reading the incel comments when a female is given a lead in anything. The “Girl Boss” phrase is cringe af. I love seeing these lames meltdown with the whole, “guess they need to shove it down our throats and check all boxes” schtick.

I guess a lot of people are unfamiliar with the role of the "final girl" in horror movies. It's nothing new.

It’s always hilarious reading the incel comments when a female is given a lead in anything. The “Girl Boss” phrase is cringe af. I love seeing these lames meltdown with the whole, “guess they need to shove it down our throats and check all boxes” schtick.

I know this comment wasn't for my observation above but it goes both ways really. The folks who cry about the "toxic fans" also can't live without them. Both those sides thrive and get excited by each other and they don't want to admit that.

I find no enjoyment when "neckbeards" cry about the same cut & paste complaints about every franchise today, but I do think the people defending said franchises are way too easily baited to go off.

With that being said and staying on the strictly the news above, I 'm unfamiliar with Elle Fanning. I'm assuming she's Dakora's sister? I mean, we're already getting Prey 2 with Naru back so I'm looking forward to that one. I'm gonna wait for some plot news or something before I get excited for this other one but Dan T is in good graces so I trust him.

I know this comment wasn't for my observation above but it goes both ways really. The folks who cry about the "toxic fans" also can't live without them. Both those sides thrive and get excited by each other and they don't want to admit that.

My comment was directed at the commenters in that tweet. I personally can live without the fragile individuals who get so worked up over a woman or non white actor getting a lead role. I don’t engage with them because I refuse to defend entertainment like it’s a family member.

The Predator franchise was so bad for so long and Prey was a breath of fresh air. As someone who will tune in for the Elle Fanning movie, all I can hope for is that it’s good.

My comment was directed at the commenters in that tweet. I personally can live without the fragile individuals who get so worked up over a woman or non white actor getting a lead role. I don’t engage with them because I refuse to defend entertainment like it’s a family member.

The Predator franchise was so bad for so long and Prey was a breath of fresh air. As someone who will tune in for the Elle Fanning movie, all I can hope for is that it’s good.

I know we're good. Just didn't want it to come across like I was being defensive with my reply or anything but while I'm not familiar with her work, that's good to hear.

they should do one in the super distant future.

like humanity evolved having some insane tech and weapons and **** like laser beams and ray guns on some call of duty zombies type stuff

then the aliens realize how advance humans have come and they gotta start re-strategize and ****

edit*

throw is some half cyber half humans in there too like cyborg

they should do one in the super distant future.

like humanity evolved having some insane tech and weapons and **** like laser beams and ray guns on some call of duty zombies type stuff

then the aliens realize how advance humans have come and they gotta start re-strategize and ****

edit*

throw is some half cyber half humans in there too like cyborg

This would be good but im almost positive those aliens have much more tech they dont even need to deploy.

For some people, it's not solely because the lead is female, it's because these days it comes with poor writing and/or a lack of character development.

NO ONE has a problem with Ripley in the Alien franchise, because the character is well written. And those movies were in the midst of the "macho testosterone" era of movies in the 80s.

For some people, it's not solely because the lead is female, it's because these days it comes with poor writing and/or a lack of character development.

NO ONE has a problem with Ripley in the Alien franchise, because the character is well written. And those movies were in the midst of the "macho testosterone" era of movies in the 80s.

Let’s keep it 💯, Ripley was written and introduced in a whole different generation. If you introduced that same character today, the fragile crowd would be out in droves.

Let’s keep it 💯, Ripley was written and introduced in a whole different generation. If you introduced that same character today, the fragile crowd would be out in droves.
Im not sure what point you're making. Men in 1979 were more comfortable with women equals than in 2024 is what I'm taking from your statement.

Im not sure what point you're making. Men in 1979 were more comfortable with women equals than in 2024 is what I'm taking from your statement.
There was no social media to whine on in 1979 and even if there was, I don’t imagine the backlash would have been as dramatic as it is in this current climate.

Back
Top Bottom