**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Only thing I know about them, is that there was a "battle" between different Lab breeders on whether or not "silver" was a legit, recognized color.  Some think that it isn't pure, that another breed had to be mixed in at some point (such as a Weimaraner).  Similar to people that don't think "blue" is a real color in Pit Bull Terriers.  Some think it is possible (blue is just a diluted black, but the parents have to carry the gene) while others think it was brought in from a different breed.

Did you have a Lab before?
Yeah I've had two. the first one I had was a yellow, died of paralysis of the larynx. The second one I had was a chocolate and died last month of large mass in his abdomen. I'm a huge lab guy. I love all dogs and animals for that matter, but labs I'll always be partial to.

Just got our boy Omar Little two weeks ago. My 14 year old beagle passed during the Summer... and I been pretty bummed. My girl had a few Miniature Dachshunds growing up, so we spent the morning looking some up. Found this little guy in East Texas 5 hours away, so we made a road trip.

He is so different than my last dog. He's so full of energy!

I can't walk 10 feet without someone stopping us to meet him.
Congrats, man. I have a mini myself too. I stay over in SA and we make it out to Zilker sometimes, we'll catch ya around
pimp.gif

Yeah I've had two. the first one I had was a yellow, died of paralysis of the larynx. The second one I had was a chocolate and died last month of large mass in his abdomen. I'm a huge lab guy. I love all dogs and animals for that matter, but labs I'll always be partial to.
some stuff you just don't mess with and I'm sure another breed had to be introduce ...

Yesterday I was talking to a lady that breeds "White" Golden Retriever.. Does that even make sense? She was basically going off about how the state is not accepting them and they have to go to Europe to get hers etc etc ...

some stuff you just don't mess with and I'm sure another breed had to be introduce ...

Yesterday I was talking to a lady that breeds "White" Golden Retriever.. Does that even make sense? She was basically going off about how the state is not accepting them and they have to go to Europe to get hers etc etc ...
 She's probably talking about English Cream goldens.

Going through this thread makes me want to have a dog again. My family had a Pug growing up. Unfortunately I can barely take care of myself right now let alone a dog :\

Just got our boy Omar Little two weeks ago. My 14 year old beagle passed during the Summer... and I been pretty bummed. My girl had a few Miniature Dachshunds growing up, so we spent the morning looking some up. Found this little guy in East Texas 5 hours away, so we made a road trip.

He is so different than my last dog. He's so full of energy!

I can't walk 10 feet without someone stopping us to meet him.

Congrats, man. I have a mini myself too. I stay over in SA and we make it out to Zilker sometimes, we'll catch ya around
pimp.gif
Thanks man! He's all grown up now. I still can't make it 5 minutes without someone coming over to pet him when we go for walks around Town Lake. The little guy is a girl magnet... pisses my fiance off. LOL

Last edited:
DonRafa DonRafa

This local breeder has a litter available $3500/pup. Can you lmk what you think http://instagram.com/miamifrenchies Thanks

hard to tell from just an instagram. try to see if there are some reviews for the place or a way to talk to people who have got pups from them before.

you can always go check it out too. if you do, ask if you can meet the parents of the pup you’d get to give you an idea of the temperament. also ask about any health problems with the family.

My dog Vegas, he's 8, crazy hyper and is a Jack Russell Terrier/Australian Cattle Dog mix.

42.jpg

Last edited:
@turbospartan ye mang. the axel
smokin.gif

cute pup btw
Nice.  I love "real" leather couches.  Still want to get one (we ended up buying a custom sofa from Macy's that just got delivered a couple weeks ago) and I've been back and forth between the West Elm you have, the Crate and Barrel Davis, and the Article Sven. 

Fellas over 2 months ago my veternanarian told me she was suspicious of Lymphoma for my oldest 9 year old girl due to spontaneous swell of the neck. I've had my girl taking this product Canna-pet and the swelling seemed to subside. Uses CBD oil as the only ingredient which is extracted from hemp.

Very grateful for finding this product and wanted to let anybody who's got a pet with any ailments to look into this product. I have zero affiliation with the company.

Last edited:
^So my dog has about an apple sized growth on the side of his neck. Took him to the vet a couple weeks ago, required about a 5 inch incision down his neck to remove it. They ran a biopsy and it came back a couple days ago - negative. We just got his sutures removed this morning. Been a rough couple weeks, but he's going to be fine! :D

when i was a kid my dog developed a golf ball sized growth on its backside

it was removed, i remember them saying it had a stalk to it, gross

but my dog recovered and was just fine afterward - lived a long life after as if it never happened

Ya, know...reading about the CBD oil for dogs - I know it may be expensive but if it may get rid of tumors...
perhaps it would be good for a dog to use it their whole life...to prevent inflammation & promote proper health.
Not just for specific treatment.

I say this cause unfortunately we subject our canine friends to a whole lot of toxic materials over the course
of their lives and while this can be managed, it can't be entirely prevented.

Everyone, meet my boy Prince. He's a 100% blue-pied, French Bulldog.

We got him as a puppy in June 2016. Fortunately, a friend of ours is a breeder and we did not have to pay any outrageous prices for him. You might notice from the pictures that he has a clef pallet. My mom gave the idea of naming him Harry (for harelip). Then we thought of Prince Harry. We finally decided to drop the Harry part and stick with just Prince.

I swear this guy has the PERFECT temperament for our family. :lol: My wife has had dogs for most of her life and she says he is the laziest, most affectionate dog she's ever had. All he literally does is eat, drink, poop and sleep. And if you're going to watch TV, expect for him to plop on your lap or cuddle next to you.

I kid you not... more than half of the pictures I have of him on my phone are of him sleeping. :lol:

IMG_3203.JPG
IMG_4043.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_5151.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Beagles? I'm looking for another dog with a similar set of qualities as labs (which I've grown up owning) but a little smaller.

Back
Top Bottom