OFFICIAL POST YOUR BMX...vol. you're never too old...pg. 12 updated w/ pics

So I'm thinking about getting these and am really 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
right now.
mid_362047.gif

What would the best way to repaint these bad boys? Would any sanding be involved? Or can I just primer over the OG color and paint over that? I think I'm overthinking right now....thanks in advance.

My suggestion would be to just primer over the OG, then paint over the primer. Sanding might leave some areas uneven especially around the welded areas. If you can get it done profesionally, do it.

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

My suggestion would be to just primer over the OG, then paint over the primer. Sanding might leave some areas uneven especially around the welded areas. If you can get it done profesionally, do it.
Ok cool thanks. I'll just do it myself since I'm not trying to be fancy, just black or flat black.

Anybody have coupon/promo codes for danscomp.com? 4231 gives you 15% off but I'm looking for free shipping or something...

Those the Piffs on Danscomp? I ride those bars right now and they're dope. I'd say just spray em with some black primer and then whatever other color. Make sure you rough the paint up a bit with some sand paper before painting though.

Dope video from Gatorade & Nigel. It's not a video section of all tricks but more of a movie style day in the life. Pretty good.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jell0man

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

Ok cool thanks. I'll just do it myself since I'm not trying to be fancy, just black or flat black.

Anybody have coupon/promo codes for danscomp.com? 4231 gives you 15% off but I'm looking for free shipping or something...
typically any time you paint something, you'll want to sand down the surface so the paint sticks. if you really want to skip that step, i know they sell primer/paint with some "NO SANDING NECESSARY" technology for metals. i don't know how those turn out though. you don't need a 20 grit sandpaper that'll straight grind the metal; a high grit sandpaper just to give it a haze will do the job. 

This is my joint. 1998 Mongoose villian 01  Had this for years just collecting dust, really brings back memories 
smokin.gif

image2.aspx

Here's my latest. Started with a 2008 24" SE Racing Quadangle frame and fork set. Some noteables are the retro Tuff Neck, Charge Saddle and old school Powerlite Powerbend cruiser bars. Only thing left in the mail is the numberplate. Can't wait for the weather to warm up!

160153e26717d8057b6a310a723b8b8328985e9.jpg

1fd35e65efa862bf1b4bd91a05a185c493e0a48.jpg

6843574befda6b551040ddc20209df9c965a2ea.jpg

1762585eb367f1fad1100a816ddf45c315ef456.jpg

543253de0966e122dfe0e3fca36c0764a9e11d3.jpg

a95353b9e4d16cd813d1d0200b8d2ad6467e9fd.jpg

Cel phone pics
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

1987 GT Pro Freestyle Tour Team Model.... 
395839386.jpg

Was actually thinking about selling it...  But, can't bring myself to do it.... 
smile.gif

I had this, but it was stolen
tired.gif

also, i love this thread
pimp.gif

408: Nice set up!! Got the contrast colors goin' on. BTW, did you ever go on that ride you were talking about?
CherryRed: Thanks meng, just wanted to see what NTers had in the realm of BMX's. I still wanna see what everyone got.

Thanks, Selecta! Took me a minute, but I wasn't in much of a hurry cause I got other bikes to ride but I am happy with the way it came out. Funny, I didn't even make it on that ride! Did you make the 4130 ride? At least we know it'll be warmer for the May ride. Did you peep that video I posted? It's that link I said to click on. It's dope, although I'm not a big fan of that bike.

408: The big ride isn't until June, but the May ride, are the ones they do when they ride at night in Hollywood.
backyardrsx: My fav. model of GT next to the Interceptor...nice!!!

Nice pics to keep it alive. Most of them chicks
pimp.gif

New seat setup (Animal seat and post.) And some Eastern forks for me.
Edit: My bad for the life size pic
laugh.gif

408: Very nice bike! You make me wanna get an SE.

Capo: nice bike too.

If anybody needs anything from danscomp, 4213 as a promo code gives you free shipping (not sure if it will work for something under $30).

Im tight danscomp dont have the matte green rear hub anymore... Messed up my whole rear set up, idk what to do now... Might try to sell the bike

Henz let me know
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom