***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I was born and raised here and have heard horror stories my whole life about how my parents escaped the mullah regime in Iran. I have political prisoner family members there as we speak. I love this country and all its people. We are not perfect by any means but it’s the greatest country in the world for human rights and freedom of speech and religion.

Brah, I can't :rofl: :rofl:

You sound ridiculous

Like apply your logic to black Americans, does the existence of successful Black Americans evidence that American society doesn't discriminate against them as a group?

Is the existence of successful Jewish American evidence that antisemitism doesn't exist?
Same exact logic used by clowns when Lebron speaks out on some 'lookey here uppity black man, you're wealthy so black folks can't possible have it that bad.' :lol: >D

Reminds me of when Ninjahood said that the US was and has always been the best country for Black people. My grandfather was in real estate in the 1940s in Africa. My other grandfather was an engineer in the 50s. Both would've never been able to hold these jobs in this country at that time simply because they were black.
Everything Ninjahood knows about African nations could fit in his closet.

The inclusion of DC on this map is so damned petty.
impact zone.jpg

0A3B20C3-D440-41BF-96BC-9DC39C6A4816.jpeg

Methodical Management Methodical Management how do I make this ad stop? I’ve been getting this **** for like two days and it’s gross as hell
Copy the destination URL and I'll have the team block it. On mobile, you should be able to long press over the ad and then tap "copy" to get the destination URL without clicking through.

Online ad yields have been in the trash all year thanks to COVID-19. We're seeing lower quality ads because we no longer have local businesses competing for inventory.
Sadly, that means more clickbait style ads have found their way into the mix lately.

If anyone sees anything that's inappropriate, let me know, send an email to the support account, or make a thread here: https://niketalk.com/forums/faq-how-tos-general-support.7414/

We all win.

We donated last year's subscription fees to the Bail Project.

I'm trying to get a merchandising fundraiser going for Fair Fight using our remaining t-shirt and stickers, but it may take some time to take inventory and get set up.

In the meantime/in addition, give $100 or more to Fair Fight, send me proof of your contribution, and we'll send you one of these unreleased pocket tees.

img_1285-2-jpg.2585705

Now's not the time for complacency. Let's keep up the pressure.

"Muslims are successful here"... but have you heard what typical white Americans say about Muslims in private?

It's like when people say that racism isn't an impediment in this country and then I wonder if people who say this are aware of what typical white Americans say about black people in private.

it's great that minorities can achieve success in America despite all the bigotry, but that doesn't mean everything is ok.

I miss the term 'alternative facts'

That was a funny time.

Fake news became a goat level funny term

Coming up with embarrassingly comical terms and phrases will be the extent of positivity in Trumps presidential legacy.

The rest is positively negative...😹

that’s a black and white photo.

unfortunatley people are being lynched in full color on video today in Iran for being gay, Baha’i, Christian, Jewish
You do know black people are still being lynched in America today?

Like every year multiple black people are found hanging from structures, and the police just dismiss it as a suicide.

You seem really ignorant of the country you claim to love so much.

I was born and raised here and have heard horror stories my whole life about how my parents escaped the mullah regime in Iran. I have political prisoner family members there as we speak. I love this country and all its people. We are not perfect by any means but it’s the greatest country in the world for human rights and freedom of speech and religion.

And there it is. Where are the experts to help us see how preferential immigration policy post-1965 effectively allowed for the making of an America first voting bloc?

Lizakers Lizakers ' response to Rusty was interesting when he said: "you’re turning this into a US imperialism discussion. I don’t want to go there."

He doesn't want to go there. And that's because there is no room for US empire in his analysis. There is no discussion of how the politics of US empire actually clash with human rights and freedom of speech.

I think what he's saying is that he's uninterested in the bombing of muslim majority countries. Uninterested in the toppling of regimes (including in Iran). His political map, so to speak, extends no further than US boundaries. And that inspires an uncritical love for the US that sees oppression as either existing outside of the US, or the fault of 'bad' minorities who don't act right.

You do know black people are still being lynched in America today?

Like every year multiple black people are found hanging from structures, and the police just dismiss it as a suicide.

You seem really ignorant of the country you claim to love so much.

I find that terrifying if true. I’d think it would be a HUGE global story like George Floyd if people are being hanged for the color of their skin. Why does it barley crack the news?

And there it is. Where are the experts to help us see how preferential immigration policy post-1965 effectively allowed for the making of an America first voting bloc?

Lizakers Lizakers ' response to Rusty was interesting when he said: "you’re turning this into a US imperialism discussion. I don’t want to go there."

He doesn't want to go there. And that's because there is no room for US empire in his analysis. There is no discussion of how the politics of US empire actually clash with human rights and freedom of speech.

I think what he's saying is that he's uninterested in the bombing of muslim majority countries. Uninterested in the toppling of regimes (including in Iran). His political map, so to speak, extends no further than US boundaries. And that inspires an uncritical love for the US that sees oppression as either existing outside of the US, or the fault of 'bad' minorities who don't act right.

Not really what I meant was that’s a whole different discussion. US imperialism is alive and well. We are colonizers it’s in our history, our DNA unfortunately. I do think a lot of times people dismiss countries like Iran, Russia and China who are more imperialistic in modern times with their hegemonic ways and how they spread influence across continents

Everything Ninjahood knows about African nations could fit in his closet.

The inclusion of DC on this map is so damned petty.
impact zone.jpg

Copy the destination URL and I'll have the team block it. On mobile, you should be able to long press over the ad and then tap "copy" to get the destination URL without clicking through.

Online ad yields have been in the trash all year thanks to COVID-19. We're seeing lower quality ads because we no longer have local businesses competing for inventory.
Sadly, that means more clickbait style ads have found their way into the mix lately.

If anyone sees anything that's inappropriate, let me know, send an email to the support account, or make a thread here: https://niketalk.com/forums/faq-how-tos-general-support.7414/

We all win.

We donated last year's subscription fees to the Bail Project.

I'm trying to get a merchandising fundraiser going for Fair Fight using our remaining t-shirt and stickers, but it may take some time to take inventory and get set up.

In the meantime/in addition, give $100 or more to Fair Fight, send me proof of your contribution, and we'll send you one of these unreleased pocket tees.

img_1285-2-jpg.2585705

Now's not the time for complacency. Let's keep up the pressure.
I need one of them shirts. Hold the dandruff though

I find that terrifying if true. I’d think it would be a HUGE global story like George Floyd if people are being hanged for the color of their skin. Why does it barley crack the news?
The only reason the Geoge Floyd lynching got so much coverage is that there was a video and protest from the jump.

So maybe these other killings are not getting as much attention they deserve because society puts such a high bar on proving something is racially motivated.

They couldn't sweep the Floyd murder under the rug, like they do numerous others

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom