***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That said, cable news in-and-of itself is for people who are too lazy to actually read varied sources of information/news so it inherently tends to have pretty clear bias in order to retain viewership.

ummmmm watching cable news doesn’t prevent you from reading

lazy is reading a headline and jumping to conclusions without actually reading the entirety of said article or not reading further on the subject.. or even just reading or hearing something and taking it as the gospel

however my bigger concern is people getting their news from Facebook.. AND those who frequent brietbart and/or OAN

murdoch is terrible in any country, but now their are entities that probably are worse than his

Bro

So Rachel Maddow is what Sean Hannity is EVERYDAY

Chris Hayes is what Tucker Carlson is Everyday

For the left?

They spew lies and conspiracies everyday like them?

Once again nobody is saying MSNBC is the gold standard but your spouting off some weak false equivalencies fam but to each their own, aint even trying to go the route to defend cable news like that :lol: like I said we have continued to bless each other with many different sources of legitimate neutral news in here

Again, where did I say they were the equivalent of Fox News? (in terms of content) I said they were trying to reach the equivalent demographic on the left.

If you disagree with me here, Idk what else to tell you.

Ahh, took a few posts but now I get it :lol:. No need to respond to any of your other posts.

Yeah because you won’t/can’t have an impartial discussion. I don’t blame you though, not everyone can focus on the facts-have a nice night and enjoy the echo chambers!

Democrats should feel ashamed they were unable to win the Senate majority in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. FOUR straight cycles of the GOP maintaining a majority... Absurd.

Say what you will but Mitch McConnell is truly owning the libs in the Senate. Dude managed to steal a SCOTUS pick from Obama and push another 2 from Trump. Meanwhile, Chuck Schumer’s lazy, fat *** needs to step down since he’s proven himself completely ineffective. Harry Reid is VERY missed these days.

its still possible to get it in 2020. They could get a 50/50 split if they win the two runoffs in GA.

Democrats should feel ashamed they were unable to win the Senate majority in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. FOUR straight cycles of the GOP maintaining a majority... Absurd.

Say what you will but Mitch McConnell is truly owning the libs in the Senate. Dude managed to steal a SCOTUS pick from Obama and push another 2 from Trump. Meanwhile, Chuck Schumer’s lazy, fat *** needs to step down since he’s proven himself completely ineffective. Harry Reid is VERY missed these days.

“Owning the libs” huh? Welp, another clown added to the ignore list. :lol:

They're not Fox News yet but they're trying to be

*post examples of their biggest on Air talent not being Fox News type sycophants*

No no bro you're not hearing me
whoa (1).png

ummmmm watching cable news doesn’t prevent you from reading

lazy is reading a headline and jumping to conclusions without actually reading the entirety of said article or not reading further on the subject.. or even just reading or hearing something and taking it as the gospel

however my bigger concern is people getting their news from Facebook.. AND those who frequent brietbart and/or OAN

murdoch is terrible in any country, but now their are entities that probably are worse than his

The problem is people are too influenced by media that is skewed too far right (OANN, Breitbart) or left (Mother Jones, ThinkProgress, etc.) that they can’t see past their own bias. If we were able to get people to see a wide variety of viewpoints, we’d be in a far less divisive political climate than we are currently. Unfortunately, tribalism and hyper-partial media has made it harder for people to actually engage in viewpoints, much less dialogue with views that differ from their preferred left/right political leanings, which is truly sad. As much as I love NT, it’s VERY clear that you can even see it ITT, sadly.

“Owning the libs” huh? Welp, another clown added to the ignore list. :lol:

Would you like to actually explain WHY Dems lost the Senate in 2014, 2016, 2018, and possibly 2020? I’m all ears if you would actually like to talk political strategy, especially given 2022 is a favorable map for Dems. In my opinion, Schumer is failing horribly-if you think otherwise, I’d love to hear your (or anyone else’s) opinion.

They're not Fox News yet but they're trying to be

*post examples of their biggest on Air talent not being Fox News type sycophants*

No no bro you're not hearing me
whoa (1).png

But trying to target the demographic on the other side of the spectrum is what they’re TRYING to do, how is that not correct? Obviously they aren’t delivering content in the same way lol

I hope that Joe remembers that it was black voters in the primary that got him a nomination and black voters that won him urban areas in swing states. Joe was performing poorly in the first couple of primaries and it wasn't until South Carolina, where most of the Democrats are black, did Joe start gaining momentum. If we would have left it up to white liberals, we would have had Mayor Pete as the Democratic nominee.

The problem is people are too influenced by media that is skewed too far right (OANN, Breitbart) or left (Mother Jones, ThinkProgress, etc.) that they can’t see past their own bias. If we were able to get people to see a wide variety of viewpoints, we’d be in a far less divisive political climate than we are currently. Unfortunately, tribalism and hyper-partial media has made it harder for people to actually engage in viewpoints, much less dialogue with views that differ from their preferred left/right political leanings, which is truly sad. As much as I love NT, it’s VERY clear that you can even see it ITT, sadly.
You're so enlightened. Teach us.

its still possible to get it in 2020. They could get a 50/50 split if they win the two runoffs in GA.

Almost any jungle primary with an open seat leads to a runoff - like the Mississippi special in 2018 or every Louisiana senate election in recent years.

The issue was that it should NEVER have come down to this. The failure is the lack of coattails down ballot. A lot of that is on Schumer and Pelosi. I can’t speak to house stuff but Schumer’s strategy was basically to keep his candidates in a windowless basement and raise money. That avoiding controversy and riding the blue wave would be enough. Obviously that’s worked out horribly, Dems need Schumer to step down, he’s done a piss poor job of filling Harry Reid’s shoes.

Fam gonna prop up Mitch owning the libs and is gonna completely ignore how skewed the political spectrum is towards senate representation. Gerrymandering tactics that will over into overdrive for state houses moving forward. GOP suppression efforts continue

As if this thread hasn't repeatedly mentioned Chuck as leadership needs to leave and nobody has a shed a tear for him...how tf did demonizing MSNBC turned into this :lol: staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam this has been damn near a consensus in here and agree with you on that point with Schumer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom