***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't see it either but 2016 ****ed me up frfr so I can't rule anything out. I'm taking Walter White's advice this time around
PeacefulSecondaryIslandcanary-size_restricted.gif
The Biden name is nowhere near as toxic as Clinton so I still like our chances. Sleepy Joe would have to do something incredibly stupid to choke this :smh:

The Biden name is nowhere near as toxic as Clinton so I still like our chances. Sleepy Joe would have to do something incredibly stupid to choke this :smh:

Let's keep our finger crossed. I legit just got the chills thinking about the slow turn leading up to 2016 Election Day |l

Does anyone know when we'll get word on debates? Last election the first debate was held on September 26 so roughly two months out from today. I want to say logistics would need to be locked down in August but I'm just spit balling

Idk man I been to PA a good amount of times in my life and for every diverse area like Philly, there's 3 areas that are majority white and they have A LOT of farm land. With the threat of Antifa coming and burning down their crops, they def have a lot of MAGA support in that state.
Yeah. I live here my whole life and am familiar with pennsyltucky but all the state and local elections since 16 have been huge for Dems. I think Pittsburgh and the east side of the state will carry it. He barely won pa in 2016, he certainly hasn’t gained support, people are fired up outside the ******* sticks where there’s one person per 5 sq miles. .

This is an important point

The GOP tacitly tries to message to its racist base that the Democratic Party's white members are "race traitors".

Now I hate Bill Clinton for my own reasons, but if you studying how the GOP's attacks on dude, what was central was trying to paint him as someone who wants to help minorities at detriment of white people (even when he was hurting minorities with policies, the GOP argued he was not hurting them enough). He was a white southern guy on the side of black people, so you can't trust him.

This is why it is so important to move racial attitudes in America through constant pressure. To try to make younger white people be less open to the GOP's racist appeals than their parents. With rural whites it might be a lost cause, but suburban white kids are not as reactionary as their parents (still far from perfect), which jams up the GOP and requires them having to cheat constantly to maintain power.

That’s a good point. Demographics can tell us a lot but the more qualitative analysis of attitudes is also important. Not only does the GOP face a smaller white electorate but fewer white voters receptive to racist appeals then a generation ago.

In the Bush years, it looked like that problem, from the GOP perspective was solved, as it looked like GOP would use Evangelical chauvinism, nationalism and weaponized homophobia to draw in enough black, and Latino support. It looked liked they would win 60/40 in suburbs, dominate in rural America and dominate in the exurbs, which at the time were growing faster than cities and it looked like home prices in the exurbs would increase for the foreseeable future, millennials could start buying those houses, go to their local mega church, have kids, send those kids to charter schools, both parents work 50 hour weeks, they buy cheap Chinese made goods at Walmart and they’d be content, moderately comfortable, too busy with work and kids and church to ask questions and a reliable and growing Republican voter bloc. In four short years, got back to back Democratic Tsunami elections and a black President who won Indiana.

GOP realized it it had to fully commit to white supremacy and it now had to commit to anti majoritarianism in a way they did have to before.

Back
Top Bottom