***Official Political Discussion Thread***

People in the world hate Jews so yes I fully support Israel and against any group trying to eliminate every Jew there.

Go post in the pro Hamas bs conspiracy thread.
no one hates jews u weirdo

jews are not victims

there is no pro hamas thread

you are living in a delusion

im sorry to say but no one cares if someone is a jew or not, they care when a 'country' is killing innocent people to steal land

weirdoooooooooooo get a grip on reality

I get where you're coming from but at this point if you're a minority and still voting/supporting trump than I'm scolding you.

It's like trying to educate a conspiracy theorist... doesn't matter what evidence you have to prove your point they will always have an excuse.
Scolding people just largely isn’t effective. And I disagree, there are ways to get to conspiracy theorists. People recover from being conspiracy theorists all the time.
t's not a willingness to watch those voters walk away; it's realizing that they can't craft a message that will keep them in without losing other demographics, especially when the GOP is willing to embrace the "women, submit to your husband" brand of messaging, which resonates with the religious values most Black people grew up with.
I mean… it’s giving up on those voters regardless of how we phrase it, no? And in response, we’re sending someone who a lot of these same voters voted for out to demean and scold them. Obviously I’m not a part of this demo, but I just don’t think that it’s effective strategy wise.

It's obviously concerning to see any slippage of those demographics towards Republicans, especially Trump. I do agree that it's difficult to figure out what we're supposed to do when deep down a certain percentage of these guys just don't want to view women as their equals or have them in the highest levels of decision making. Whether that's the private sector, their relationships, or the government.

It’s not wild to say that the 45% of voters are either brainwashed, severely uneducated, don’t care, this lying is funny (makes him a cool dude), or extremely rich that will benefit from his scams

The rest of us 55% just want a better tomorrow. Plain and *** simple.

The problem is this little thing called the electoral college. If this was a winner take all pure votes. He would lose. The problem is the most uneducated and under severed states get a say.

Highly doubt this would work, but then alienate Black women, who are the most reliably constituency? Yea, not smart.

As I clarified earlier, I was being facetious: I don’t think Dems should do this for ideological reasons.

That said, non-Hispanic whites make up 70% of the electorate and black women are a generous 7%. If you can capture 10% of white voters and lose half of black women - that’s politically a great trade. On an electoral college basis, the results may be even more profound.

It’s that line of reasoning that always worries me when people start trotting out “pragmatic politics”

I mean… it’s giving up on those voters regardless of how we phrase it, no? And in response, we’re sending someone who a lot of these same voters voted for out to demean and scold them. Obviously I’m not a part of this demo, but I just don’t think that it’s effective strategy wise.
Maybe, the point is not to be effective, but to say "the job I started thanks to your vote is not done, and Kamala wants to continue it; so what are you doing and where are you going?"

Look, these people are adults; they are capable of weighing the pros and cons of every candidate. Some people keep drinking even after learning that liver cancer runs in their family. You can't force them not to, but you can't encourage them to keep going.

Democrats abandoned Labor to beat H.W. Bush. Many years of compromising with Republicans (with little in return) and legislative weakness came with that. I think it's even less wise to entertain going down the same path, especially when facing a GOP that no longer respect institutions as they currently stand.

It's going to be a close one...

Screenshot_20241013_171103_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Reps spin is someone or something bought up all the gas from local stations forcing the bus pool to be dramatically reduced. Either story is funny AF to me and I’m here for it.

It’s always a conspiracy with this crowd..must be tiring

Back
Top Bottom