Official Pizza Appreciation!

Yeah that Duane Reade closed down a few years ago. But I go back to before that when it was a store called Rock Bottom. A Target or K-Mart type of store. And I think before Rock Botttom it was a Toys R Us.

Haven’t tried those other pizzerias but I’ve heard a lot about Nick’s. I need to take a trip there.
Yeah I remember it being a Rock Bottom not that location but further down Northern Blvd by my old neighborhood. You remember Woolworth on the corner next to the subway station past the library? Yeah, my brother said it was a great place to dine. I have to try it out too. I believe it's pies only no slices.

Yeah I remember it being a Rock Bottom not that location but further down Northern Blvd by my old neighborhood. You remember Woolworth on the corner next to the subway station past the library? Yeah, my brother said it was a great place to dine. I have to try it out too. I believe it's pies only no slices.

Woolworth, Sterns (which became Macys), Coconuts, The Wiz, Barnes & Noble, Dr. Jays, Entertainment World, Chameleons, Main Street Collectibles, Caldor, the OG Busy Bee mall, the OG library, all those spots. If you want to take a trip down memory lane, these are some great videos to watch. This was the Flushing of my childhood (you can see some of the old pizza spots like Gloria’s and Barones):

I remember Duffs being real good. Tried it when I helped my brother move out of his apartment when he graduated college.

I tried Duffs in 1999 when I first went to school in Buffalo. Let's say I've been chasing that quality ever since 😂

8EC005BB-D801-406A-9E44-618DD252C4BB.jpeg
Tonight’s dinner.

Woolworth, Sterns (which became Macys), Coconuts, The Wiz, Barnes & Noble, Dr. Jays, Entertainment World, Chameleons, Main Street Collectibles, Caldor, the OG Busy Bee mall, the OG library, all those spots. If you want to take a trip down memory lane, these are some great videos to watch. This was the Flushing of my childhood (you can see some of the old pizza spots like Gloria’s and Barones):

Yeah, Stern's was my mom's favorite place to be, lol & Caldor damn we shopped there all the time. Some 🔥 memories there. I've watched both the videos you posted while back. So nice to see the classic Flushing on video. It's a different place now.

Yeah, Stern's was my mom's favorite place to be, lol & Caldor damn we shopped there all the time. Some 🔥 memories there. I've watched both the videos you posted while back. So nice to see the classic Flushing on video. It's a different place now.

This is the Al Dente sign that’s still up for some reason almost 20 years later. I SS it from Google Maps but I passed through recently and saw that it was still up. If I remember correctly, they had an arcade in there at one point. Don’t remember which game. Also not too far from there was the original Singas pizzeria which they relocated to Kissena Blvd. Used to cop the half personal pies for like $2 or $4 back in the day. Gloria’s and Singa were lifesavers when I was a broke little kid.

E28D353F-1A91-440E-899E-32DB21E9510C.jpeg

There were a couple of other pizzerias in the Flushing area. One was called Broadway Bakery on Roosevelt near the 7 train. They were really a bakery but they used to sell slices for $1 so people would go there. And not too far from Lucia’s was another spot on Roosevelt near Union Street. I forgot the name of that place but I ate in there a couple of times. Can’t say the pizza was particularly memorable. I mostly stuck to the other pizza joints.

Last edited:
This is the Al Dente sign that’s still up for some reason almost 20 years later. I SS it from Google Maps but I passed through recently and saw that it was still up. If I remember correctly, they had an arcade in there at one point. Don’t remember which game. Also not too far from there was the original Singas pizzeria which they relocated to Kissena Blvd. Used to cop the half personal pies for like $2 or $4 back in the day. Gloria’s and Singa were lifesavers when I was a broke little kid.

E28D353F-1A91-440E-899E-32DB21E9510C.jpeg

There were a couple of other pizzerias in the Flushing area. One was called Broadway Bakery on Roosevelt near the 7 train. They were really a bakery but they used to sell slices for $1 so people would go there. And not too far from Lucia’s was another spot on Roosevelt near Union Street. I forgot the name of that place but I ate in there a couple of times. Can’t say the pizza was particularly memorable. I mostly stuck to the other pizza joints.
Oh that's the sign? I saw it on Google maps but didn't connect the dots. That Singa's was across the street from the library right? I remember getting some delicious muffins from a bakery across Caldor- may have been Broadway Bakery. It was right outside of the subway station.

I remember a small pizza place underneath the LIRR underpass next to the Foot Locker. They're long gone. Man I spent so much money buying Jordan's from Busy Mall(JJ Sneakers). He would release them early for an extra charge. And the other busy mall next door I would get custom tee's from the store D-Unit...wonderful memories from my high-school days.

Anyone on the west coast been to Burattino? My cousin mentioned it to me recently and had good things to say.

I tried Duffs in 1999 when I first went to school in Buffalo. Let's say I've been chasing that quality ever since 😂
Whenever I visited I asked my brother if pizza in Buffalo was good. Told me it wasn't as good as our Long Island spots.

Oh that's the sign? I saw it on Google maps but didn't connect the dots. That Singa's was across the street from the library right? I remember getting some delicious muffins from a bakery across Caldor- may have been Broadway Bakery. It was right outside of the subway station.

I remember a small pizza place underneath the LIRR underpass next to the Foot Locker. They're long gone. Man I spent so much money buying Jordan's from Busy Mall(JJ Sneakers). He would release them early for an extra charge. And the other busy mall next door I would get custom tee's from the store D-Unit...wonderful memories from my high-school days.

Yeah Singas was across the library or more so the Colombian bakery. They’re still relatively nearby on Kissena Blvd.

Broadway Bakery was closer to where Popeyes and McDonalds are.

That pizzeria under the LIRR was Barones. That was one of my favorite spots. I used to go there all the time especially since you could dine in. They opened up in the 70’s and remained in Flushing until the end of 2015. I took a flick when they announced they were closing down. It was a sad day. At the time that they closed, the owner said he would reopen a pizzeria somewhere else. I don’t know if he did or if he still plans on doing that.

97FD3499-CF15-4C01-974E-778F7B95519A.jpeg

JJ Sneakers is still there, I’ve copped a pair or two from him. But the OG Busy Bee Mall, rumor back in the day was that they sold fake kicks. So I used to steer clear.

Yeah I remember D-Unit. Him and his wife. I used to go there for mixtapes, sometimes I would buy a t-shirt. But primarily I was there for the mixtapes.

Whenever I visited I asked my brother if pizza in Buffalo was good. Told me it wasn't as good as our Long Island spots.
Pizza from Buffalo....def not good lol. Pequod's is fron Chicago. Living here I'd never order pizza on goldbelly from Buffalo lol.

I basically tried chopped cheese over there before I even knew chopped cheese was a thing. Went to some place open late that served cut up cheeseburgers on hero bread.

Yeah Singas was across the library or more so the Colombian bakery. They’re still relatively nearby on Kissena Blvd.

Broadway Bakery was closer to where Popeyes and McDonalds are.

That pizzeria under the LIRR was Barones. That was one of my favorite spots. I used to go there all the time especially since you could dine in. They opened up in the 70’s and remained in Flushing until the end of 2015. I took a flick when they announced they were closing down. It was a sad day. At the time that they closed, the owner said he would reopen a pizzeria somewhere else. I don’t know if he did or if he still plans on doing that.

97FD3499-CF15-4C01-974E-778F7B95519A.jpeg

JJ Sneakers is still there, I’ve copped a pair or two from him. But the OG Busy Bee Mall, rumor back in the day was that they sold fake kicks. So I used to steer clear.

Yeah I remember D-Unit. Him and his wife. I used to go there for mixtapes, sometimes I would buy a t-shirt. But primarily I was there for the mixtapes.
Yes! Barone Pizza! Thank you for reminding me the name. Man I used to get some great slices form there after school. Yeah, Kissena Singa's location is still great. Yup, JJ still making bank. I believe the rumor about fake kicks in Busy Bee Mall...they had some sketchy vendors in there. The one next door had a nice video game store towards the middle of the floor. I remember my mom buying my brother & I Donkey Kong Country cartridge for Super Nintendo back in the late 90's. Game was so 🔥 .

Yup him & his wife...his wife was so hot, lol. They had everything & they were such a nice welcoming couple. I wonder if their still there 🤔.

Yes! Barone Pizza! Thank you for reminding me the name. Man I used to get some great slices form there after school. Yeah, Kissena Singa's location is still great. Yup, JJ still making bank. I believe the rumor about fake kicks in Busy Bee Mall...they had some sketchy vendors in there. The one next door had a nice video game store towards the middle of the floor. I remember my mom buying my brother & I Donkey Kong Country cartridge for Super Nintendo back in the late 90's. Game was so 🔥 .

Yup him & his wife...his wife was so hot, lol. They had everything & they were such a nice welcoming couple. I wonder if their still there 🤔.

One other pizza spot that I forgot about was Popeyes. Not to be confused with the fried chicken franchise. This was a spot that sold gyros, burgers as well as pizza. I never went in there for pizza, I used to go with my friends sometimes to cop fries for like $1 and eat it there. They would give you a big plate of fries for $1. It was located across the street from the library where the Starbucks currently is. This spot closed down sometime in the late 90’s.

Back
Top Bottom