Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Santi- Any word on price or when it will be available in stores to play with? I'm going to Best Buy today to play with the D300s but at 18mp and 30fps video I might have to consider moving to the dark side.

And it says that it shoots 60fps on a lower quality video. God damn! You can do super slo mo with that.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

The 7D cannot touch the 5DII.... Full frame is a HUGE necessity to professional photographers (i feel).

Did you ever talked to your girl about those pieces?

���

Here's my latest video from my 5D Mark II.� Peep the low light quality
happy.gif

Originally Posted by RuleOfThirds

���

happy.gif
DOPEEE! makes me want to sell my car for a 5DII hahaha

mjbetch wrote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfThirds

���

happy.gif
DOPEEE! makes me want to sell my car for a 5DII hahaha

�� Thanks!� LMAO how funny, cuz that is exactly what I fricken did pwhahahha� (sold my convertible E30 for $2500)
laugh.gif

I think I lost my cap for my Nikon anyway I can order one?

or do I have to go to best buy or somewhere and take one of the display ones
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DJ bana
Naw .. I didnt get the PM .. It's cool - I'll have a designer make me one similar to it then .. LOL

I already talked to a couple and they were like no problem ... Plus I have a designer from FL that is going to send me 1/4 to 1/3 of her collectionto shoot so Im very busy.. however I just love that piece and I had a crazy idea for it .... You'll see it once the designer makes it for me or I seensomething similar in BEBE that I might just buy ..
tongue.gif

What you being doing?

You know what I find funny - I have a 5D and 5DII and I treat both the same way .. turn on point and shoot ... Don't know any other function .... actuallynow that I think about it .. thats not funny .. thats plain pathetic ... but whatever .. I didnt buy the II to shoot video anyways ..
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Santi- Any word on price or when it will be available in stores to play with? I'm going to Best Buy today to play with the D300s but at 18mp and 30fps video I might have to consider moving to the dark side.

And it says that it shoots 60fps on a lower quality video. God damn! You can do super slo mo with that.
True. The d300s is available on most sites now along with d3000. Best buy got them as well.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Very true. I'm not getting it for video, though. I'm getting it because of the CMOS sensor. I wanted to go FF, but that's an expensive commitmentto make right now. I just shoot at night mostly so I need the CMOS sensor instead of the D40x's CCD sensor. I also like that all of the controls you needare right on the body. I hate that shooting in manual on the D40x requires me to scroll through the whole damn menu to change the littlest things.

Edit: It's been a while since I've contributed. Saw this beauty sitting in a parking garage on campus.
3880115885_293ea53395.jpg

Originally Posted by DREDAY0789

yo dreday, i'm diggin the 1st one, especially with the darker bg and soft light on the subject. composition could be a little better, butit's not bad. 2nd one is pretty good, but her legs look a little strange in that pose... it's a little dark too, but i like the overall contrast (theface needs more light on the shadow side i think). 3rd one is pretty good too, though i think a vertical crop would have worked better.

i checked out your flickr too. i liked # 0060. good composition (slightly offset), good bg, nice contrast. #0066 could be good with a little better lightand a different angle.

i don't know what lens you were using, but if you cop a 50mm or 35mm for cheap, that will give you more flexibility with your depth of field. also, if youlearn some off-camera lighting, i bet your work will definitely take a step up

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

any of you guys use a Nikon Speedlight for off-camera flash?

i'm thinking about getting maybe an SB-24/26 to use with my Canon 500D (T1i) via wireless trigger.
the sb-26 has a built in slave, so you have some triggering flexibility or you can mix it with other flashes

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

any of you guys use a Nikon Speedlight for off-camera flash?

i'm thinking about getting maybe an SB-24/26 to use with my Canon 500D (T1i) via wireless trigger.

I use an SB-80DX, but it was made when Nikon was still making film cameras so it doesn't work with TTL technology, which sucks. It just means that I haveto shoot with it on Manual. I still haven't completely figured the whole thing out, but it's better than a cheap one from Best Buy. I got it for about$100 and I can trigger it off camera too with a commander (if I buy one) or just with another flash. It's been okay for me so far, but I'd recommendsaving up for a little bit newer one.

Does anyone know which plug-in I have to download to be able to open up .nef files on Phtoshop CS3 for Mac?

DJ Bana, can you post the pictures of the outfit I had questions on?

I want to show the designer what Im talking about .. he is going to change the style a bit but I want the same concept!

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Does anyone know which plug-in I have to download to be able to open up .nef files on Phtoshop CS3 for Mac?

Gotcha covered.

Go here for the download, and thenfollow these instructions:

Manual installation on Mac:
1. Exit Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Bridge.

2. Open the Finder.

3. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the user's home folder).

4. Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats.

5. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure

you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Those directions are from the ReadMe file. I just copy and pasted the parts that only apply to you. If you feel the need to read the wholeReadMe file, go here.

Just bought a refurbished Canon 40d from a seller off POTN. I'm very excited to get it and test it out. Any other 40d users here on NT?

Would it be worth it to sell my D40 and buy a used/refurbished XSi/XTi?

Outdoors my D40 takes wonderful pics, indoors, its all a whole different ballgame.

Back
Top Bottom