Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by davevirgile

Sorry for the huge pics.
eyes.gif

I'm sorry but I really feel compelled to chime in on another one of your posts.

There should absolutely be no reason to be shooting at ISO 1600 during daylight. Even you yourself should see that there is a ridiculous amount of noise onyour images. As for the first photo, you don't give a view as to what the subject is staring into. You really should think about the composition of yourphoto before releasing the shutter. Also, experiment with a shallower depth of field to show more focus on the subject. As for the 3rd photo with therings...lighting is a little too harsh. Use a wider aperture to bring attention to the rings as opposed to the fingers and the hands.

You really should read up a bit more on adjusting the ISO, aperture and shutter speed. You should change your settings depending on what your shooting. Youcan't just use ISO 1600, 1/1000 and f/10 for every single shot you take. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

davevirgile wrote:
Sorry for the huge pics.
eyes.gif

There should absolutely be no reason to be shooting at ISO 1600 during daylight. Even you yourself should see that there is a ridiculous amount of noise on your images. As for the first photo, you don't give a view as to what the subject is staring into. You really should think about the composition of your photo before releasing the shutter. Also, experiment with a shallower depth of field to show more focus on the subject. As for the 3rd photo with the rings...lighting is a little too harsh. Use a wider aperture to bring attention to the rings as opposed to the fingers and the hands.

You really should read up a bit more on adjusting the ISO, aperture and shutter speed. You should change your settings depending on what your shooting. You can't just use ISO 1600, 1/1000 and f/10 for every single shot you take. Good luck.

Yet more advice that will fall on def ears ....

^ So just keep it moving, like you said you would, man. What's the point of that comment?

Does anyone know of any other message boards or websites that would help a beginner read up on things. Right now I have a Canon point and shoot from a fewyears ago, but I would like to buy a DSLR sometime later this spring/early summer. I plan to drive across country late summer/early fall, and would like todocument my travels.

Hopefully buy reading up on somethings in helping me decide which camera I should buy, and learn some things about it before I purchase will help ease thetransition when I do purchase the camera. I know this is not a lot of time to practice and experiment, etc. so the need to read up and try to become asfamiliar as possible.

Sorry if this has question has been answered a few times, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ So just keep it moving, like you said you would, man. What's the point of that comment?

not sure if you was talking to me ...

but my point is that instead of just skipping the comments, please read what its being said without any hard feelings, try to impliment them in your next setand hopefully you get better results.

so if being sarcastic drives the point across so beat it ....

I don't think Rap or anyone here is trying to make anyone feel bad, but rather help them improve - so for him to take 5-10minutes and try to shime in somegood tips for it to be totally ignored, well let me just stop there ....

so yeah .. let me STHU and post some pictures so you'll can go hard!

1st picture with my new lens the 35mm

3374878408_2b62f37b62.jpg

and my 1st attempt to some strobe (of camera) work

3374878228_1a3f1531ba_o.jpg

Trying new things
3374060939_29a3e12e3e.jpg

go ahead

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

i want my 35mm af-s to get here already. i cant wait to start shooting again.
man its the best thing.. i just go out and shoot like 200 pics and come home and half them suck but they just look so good cuz the bokeh the 35has. good i$h

yo boricua that your girl or a friend? I ask cuz I wanna try out portraits but idk how to go about asking female friends to pose for pics so i can post them onhere and flickr
laugh.gif

she wasn't posing for me on #2 or #3 - she just happen to be where the light I was trying to fix was and I caught her both times .. lol

but thats my girl

^Cute kid man.

Long time lurker, first time poster; go easy on me please.
laugh.gif

Just some quick shots from around the crib, C&C please.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by davevirgile

Sorry for the huge pics.
eyes.gif

There should absolutely be no reason to be shooting at ISO 1600 during daylight. Even you yourself should see that there is a ridiculous amount of noise on your images. As for the first photo, you don't give a view as to what the subject is staring into. You really should think about the composition of your photo before releasing the shutter. Also, experiment with a shallower depth of field to show more focus on the subject. As for the 3rd photo with the rings...lighting is a little too harsh. Use a wider aperture to bring attention to the rings as opposed to the fingers and the hands.

You really should read up a bit more on adjusting the ISO, aperture and shutter speed. You should change your settings depending on what your shooting. You can't just use ISO 1600, 1/1000 and f/10 for every single shot you take. Good luck.

Thanks I'll look into that.

^thanks

here's some more stuff i uploaded.. i know i've posted birds in the past but these came out alot better imo. i can see some progression not to soundfull of myself..

3377596282_bee470bf4b.jpg

3377597440_7c2b7434d7.jpg

3377612072_5bf3e11c4b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom