Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

4qpkdi0.jpg

4kpaolu.jpg
ebay Auctions To Come​

man i want to do an HDR with my cam.

can i just change the white balance instead of the exposure?
teammaximal​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

I need to like impregnate a woman or adopt a child so I can take pictures of it. Other than whole caring for it and it costing lots of time and money, seems way good... Seriously, though they're like the ideal subject.

Quote:
can i just change the white balance instead of the exposure?

what? Am I reading this right... you want to compensate exposure for white balance... ehh. yeah, just immediate strikes me as terrible idea from a photography standpoint, but I know little about HDR so who knows...

Quote:
Oh and I never had a problem at B&H the two times I went there. They were very polite actually.

Yeah, thats my guess to be honest. But last week they shipped my film to the wrong address and then returned to sender and then tried to recharge me for shipping to ship it to the right address and I wasnt having that since the whole problem was all theirs and ups's fault. They were peeved and so was I so the conversation was incredibly frustrating to say the least and dude wasnt being very helpful about their @#%$ up, but yeah, they're def generally the most reliable photography place...

Word I'd literally take a million pictures of my kids. My parents barely had a hundred :lol:
laugh.gif
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

thank's kd an ebay. yeah i'm a noob, i'm still firguring things out. so i just take the same picture with atleast 2 different exposures then merge to HDR in ps?
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​
2 people using this screen name.sole lovely/mjbetch/a filipino​
TEAM MAC​

^^^ download photomatix.
And make sure you have a tripod.
Or you could take 1 raw image and change the exposure, I think.

AY BAY BAY​

thanks j2o!
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​
2 people using this screen name.sole lovely/mjbetch/a filipino​
TEAM MAC​

HDR is overdone xeleventy billion. There are so many techniques out there to get more dynamic range without the "hey look at me, I'm an HDR photo" look. One of those is good 'ol proper exposure with selective dodge & burn.

Since this is the photo thread...

84743776_0f22494e6a_o.jpg
www.pbase.com/aablog

I'm planning on buying one myself. Its either that or the 24-105. any thoughts on why the 24-70 would be nicer, except the fact its f2.8
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

Quote:
except the fact its f2.8

why is that a problem? thats only the maxium the lense opens.. I don't know that particular lense but I refuse to believe thats the only f-stop it has.. and its pretty common to just list the largest f-stop sometimes the smallest too but thats less common... my guess is a 24-70 is probably like f2.8 to atleast f22 maybe more...

Quote:
I'm planning on buying one myself. Its either that or the 24-105. any thoughts on why the 24-70 would be nicer

just to add to what I said already I don't know either of those lense or canon lenses at all but I was always taught non-zoom lenses have a finer focus because the glass is all set to specific focal length. So my guess is zoom lenses have a sweet spot somewhere in the middle and the less zoom the more accurate and consisent the sharpness of the focus...

Example of this would be Hasselblad, they're are something like 10 lenses made for 500 series hassy's not a one of them has zoom, they all have static focal lengths..

Really? 24-70?

I got rid of my Sigma 24-70 f2.8. It's far from being wide enough for a general lens. I ended up going with the Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0. Sure I lose 2.8 through the full range, but it goes way wider than my 24-70. I'd perfer a 17-40 and lose a stop over only being able to go down to 24mm.

my take on the arches.

84741137_323cbeed0d_o.jpg
www.pbase.com/aablog

^my point was that my guess the other lense as has viturally the same aperture range maybe +/- a single f-stop so f-stops arent really an issue... probably more an issue of what you like or want to shoot than technical specs... technical specs is more of manufacture issue because I think both canon and nikon don't have exclusivity in lense manufacturing than an issue of which lense is better...

Edit: the only reason you need f2.8 is to capture single objects in motion and blur the background. and maybe macro, but that lense doesnt strike me as lense to use for macro, I would probably use the kit lense before it just guessing based on focal lenghts.. So unless you're big on sport photography maybe or something similar. I doesnt seem to me that it would matter all that much. but this coming from just a reasonably sound understanding of focal lengths not having had an experience with either lense or a canon camera for tha matter...

Back
Top Bottom