Official PC thread.

Are you getting an aftermarket CPU cooler that does push/pull, clearing those Vengeance sticks might get tricky...unless you go for water cooling
tongue.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]March 31 is World Backup Day 2011 [/h1]
by Sebastian Anthony on March 28, 2011 at 07:30 AM

FILED UNDER: security, web

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

Those benevolent armchair philanthropist Redditors are at it again! Four days ago a 'self' post extolling the potential virtues of a Backup Day exploded with 2500 upvotes and 1000 comments -- and now World Backup Day 2011 is actually happening.

On March 31, as part of the global data-saving initiative, you are encouraged to back up all of your cherished photos and videos, and important documents. If you've ever had a hard disk fail, and not had a backup to fall back on, you'll know that it's a bit like losing a sizable fragment of your soul. If you've never backed up your important files -- or if you only back up sporadically -- do it on World Backup Day!

It's not hard to back up your data, either. A 2TB drive costs only a fistful of dollars, and it takes just a few minutes to set SyncToy for Windows, or Time Machine for Mac, to mirror your data every night. If you prefer a cloud-based solution, there's always SugarSync and Dropbox. Finally, don't forget that Bundlelytic has a charity giveaway for three excellent data-backup-and-recovery tools -- $160 of software for only $25, and 100% of the proceeds to go the Japanese Red Cross.

For even more backup options, for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, check our list of 13 great backup programs.

Link

BACKUP YOUR DATA!!!!
30t6p3b.gif
r.i.p 80GB drive from 4 years ago. Data i can never get back
tired.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]March 31 is World Backup Day 2011 [/h1]
by Sebastian Anthony on March 28, 2011 at 07:30 AM

FILED UNDER: security, web

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

Those benevolent armchair philanthropist Redditors are at it again! Four days ago a 'self' post extolling the potential virtues of a Backup Day exploded with 2500 upvotes and 1000 comments -- and now World Backup Day 2011 is actually happening.

On March 31, as part of the global data-saving initiative, you are encouraged to back up all of your cherished photos and videos, and important documents. If you've ever had a hard disk fail, and not had a backup to fall back on, you'll know that it's a bit like losing a sizable fragment of your soul. If you've never backed up your important files -- or if you only back up sporadically -- do it on World Backup Day!

It's not hard to back up your data, either. A 2TB drive costs only a fistful of dollars, and it takes just a few minutes to set SyncToy for Windows, or Time Machine for Mac, to mirror your data every night. If you prefer a cloud-based solution, there's always SugarSync and Dropbox. Finally, don't forget that Bundlelytic has a charity giveaway for three excellent data-backup-and-recovery tools -- $160 of software for only $25, and 100% of the proceeds to go the Japanese Red Cross.

For even more backup options, for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, check our list of 13 great backup programs.

Link

BACKUP YOUR DATA!!!!
30t6p3b.gif
r.i.p 80GB drive from 4 years ago. Data i can never get back
tired.gif

wont need aftermarket cooling if he's not going to OC

and GL with that xfx warranty. heard RMAing with them can be a *%$*!.

and
frown.gif
@ the asus 5870 not going down in price. i want another one to xfire but still 300

and
frown.gif
@ the asus 5870 not going down in price. i want another one to xfire but still 300

just ordered another 6950 for crossfire. i hope both of them unlock to 6970s. i dont think i'm gonna have to buy a new gpu for a few years after this.

just ordered another 6950 for crossfire. i hope both of them unlock to 6970s. i dont think i'm gonna have to buy a new gpu for a few years after this.

104 or tenkeyless? Heard they are a lighter version of mx blacks. Either way,
pimp.gif
they look nice. Still waiting for EK to ship my leopold
30t6p3b.gif

104 or tenkeyless? Heard they are a lighter version of mx blacks. Either way,
pimp.gif
they look nice. Still waiting for EK to ship my leopold
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

and
frown.gif

yeah i actually have no plan to OC at the moment, maybe i will later if i feel like it.
also, theres an amazing shellshocker out right now on newegg... 16g ram ddr3 for $150 laksdhaldasda 
eek.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16820231429

and
frown.gif

yeah i actually have no plan to OC at the moment, maybe i will later if i feel like it.
also, theres an amazing shellshocker out right now on newegg... 16g ram ddr3 for $150 laksdhaldasda 
eek.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16820231429

I'm trying to wait til Battlefield 3 system requirements are released before I do any major upgrades, but I'm getting kinda impatient... Does anybody have a good estimate of what BF3's requirements will be? Any "safe" upgrades I can cop right now that will be pretty much sure to run the game at least 40+fps (CPU/mobo/GPU)? Thanks.

I'm trying to wait til Battlefield 3 system requirements are released before I do any major upgrades, but I'm getting kinda impatient... Does anybody have a good estimate of what BF3's requirements will be? Any "safe" upgrades I can cop right now that will be pretty much sure to run the game at least 40+fps (CPU/mobo/GPU)? Thanks.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

and
frown.gif

eek.gif

holy crap i wish i had the money. just spent $500 on video cards lol i aint tryna spend all my financial aid on computer upgrades 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

and
frown.gif

eek.gif

holy crap i wish i had the money. just spent $500 on video cards lol i aint tryna spend all my financial aid on computer upgrades 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom