Official PC thread.

have they gone up? I haven's looked recently. I have actually been thinking about selling my PC build minus my video card, but wasn't sure where to sell or where to even find market price.

yeah, they went up even more since i last checked in july

Crucial is pretty good about warranties, I've sent in a few sticks of RAM over the years without any issues.
I was looking at the warranty reviews of the specific ssd I have on amazon. The reviews weren't good. They gave a guy a $57 store credit towards their overpriced storefront.:sick:

What's the best way to sell PC parts? Upgraded/downsized to a NUC and want to sell my old rig.

Would prefer to sell the whole setup as-is vs breaking it down by component.

I have a garbage *** HP Envy Phoenix with an i7-6700k 4GHz CPU, 980ti, 1TB SSD (and 2 2TB HDDs, though only one is actually connected), 24 GB RAM running Windows 10. It will be 2 years old in a couple of months... probably rock with it for another year before I upgrade again.

Anyway it's not a bad rig by any means as far as performance is concerned... it can run most games in native 4k, 30fps... and a select few newer games at or near 4k 60fps. What I don't like about it is the build quality... they should have never tried fitting all of this in a mini tower, it's a complete pain in the *** to connect anything on the inside. I have pretty big hands, just connected a new SATA cord to hook up additional HDDs was a pain.

167891_full.jpg

PC is to the far right... Anyway if anyone here plays Destiny 2 feel free to send my a message for an add.

I have a garbage *** HP Envy Phoenix with an i7-6700k 4GHz CPU, 980ti, 1TB SSD (and 2 2TB HDDs, though only one is actually connected), 24 GB RAM running Windows 10. It will be 2 years old in a couple of months... probably rock with it for another year before I upgrade again.

Anyway it's not a bad rig by any means as far as performance is concerned... it can run most games in native 4k, 30fps... and a select few newer games at or near 4k 60fps. What I don't like about it is the build quality... they should have never tried fitting all of this in a mini tower, it's a complete pain in the *** to connect anything on the inside. I have pretty big hands, just connected a new SATA cord to hook up additional HDDs was a pain.

167891_full.jpg

PC is to the far right... Anyway if anyone here plays Destiny 2 feel free to send my a message for an add.

I was reading the specs like tf is this dude talking about :rofl: I really hope this RAM shortage gets worked out soon. Wanna upgrade CPU/RAM/MOBO

That's how it works in a small build though, that's the compromise for external space and aesthetics. I built in a node 202 case which was a tight squeeze and love it.

Well I had an ALienware X51 previously and that thing was great... yes, it couldn't run high end cards like the TIs but it was great as an HTPC, people never knew it was computer, just looked like another game console. Kinda regret selling it to my friend, should have threw a 1060 in there and called it a day, but I got a good deal on the HP so it's cool, until I open it up...

1458657251429_zpsabpaamzj.jpg

Bought a new 7.1 headset (Logitech G430, it was half off) for Destiny 2. I'd still rather use my HT speakers instead of headphones, but this is better than all of my audio being pushed through a crappy mono Xbox headset. I eventually want to get a nice wireless pair but I didn't want to spend $100+ just yet... anyone have any recommendations?

So I’ve never done any gaming but my son is keen to have something. I found something locally which is a good price and says that it’s a decent entry level system.

Is the spec a good place to start?

GTX570 Graphic card brand new never used

6 Gigs of Ram

New Corsair CX600 Power unit.

Mainboard 970a-ds3p Gigabyte

240GB sandisk SSd

500gb hard disk

Amd fx-6300 Six core processor (Vishera)

Any help appreciated.

So I’ve never done any gaming but my son is keen to have something. I found something locally which is a good price and says that it’s a decent entry level system.

Is the spec a good place to start?

Any help appreciated.

Eh. Depends on how much you're gonna be paying and what you're son is going to be playing.

Probably be able to get away with 25-30 FPS on low settings on modern games.

Back
Top Bottom