OFFICIAL PATRICK EWING/ EWING ATHLETICS THREAD. VOL. THEY ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!

Vote on the Ewing Model you would like to see return!

• Asphalt

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Boomer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Concept

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Eclipse

• Extreme

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Key

• Kross

• Orion

• Prizm

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Street New York City

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Swatt

• Total voters

Hey guys, do you know if the old school models like the Rogue II:

Will ever be re released ?

It's a wrap when they are re released.
I feel like that's the only pair EVERYONE is going to go crazy for and would be a hassle to get, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be. I'll definitely try to get myself a pair, maybe even two if I'm lucky since Ewing's aren't like Jordan's and aren't guaranteed to retro again. Those and the white Rogue's would be awesome to have and wear.

I feel like that's the only pair EVERYONE is going to go crazy for and would be a hassle to get, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be. I'll definitely try to get myself a pair, maybe even two if I'm lucky since Ewing's aren't like Jordan's and aren't guaranteed to retro again. Those and the white Rogue's would be awesome to have and wear.
Yeah, I'd definitely cop a pair to rock and another to rock in 10 years before the sole started to crack ^^

How do these fit TTS? and how's the quality...debating whether I should pull the trigger 
They fit tts or half sz up, materials are top notch, they are somewhat heavy thou
Definitely TTS or half sz up as mentioned, materials are amazing honestly, only thing is they aren't somewhat heavy lol they ARE heavy but I don't think you'll be using these to ball in unless you wanna get a leg workout but Ewing is really doing his thing with these retro's, I'm anxiously waiting for them to release another model in an OG color way.

You won't be disappointed with your purchase should you decide make it.

Definitely TTS or half sz up as mentioned, materials are amazing honestly, only thing is they aren't somewhat heavy lol they ARE heavy but I don't think you'll be using these to ball in unless you wanna get a leg workout but Ewing is really doing his thing with these retro's, I'm anxiously waiting for them to release another model in an OG color way.

You won't be disappointed with your purchase should you decide make it.
i agree love ewings great quality and that price is almost impossible to find at this day and age

I have tried to reach out to Ewing Athletics for the past 10 months with no success. I leave messages on their social media, and contact them through e-mail on their website. I have found it almost impossible to find info on Ewing's, so when they release a shoe, I always ask them if it is an OG colorway, and if so, where can I find a picture of the original to compare it to. 8/10 times I get ignored, and the other 2/10 they respond back with bogus statements that couldn't be farther from my question if they tried. Hence, with no information I am forced to not purchase their product. 

The company has really made a bad impression, and if I had to do it over again, I would have NEVER became interested in Ewing Athletics in the first place.

Last edited:

I have tried to reach out to Ewing Athletics for the past 10 months with no success. I leave messages on their social media, and contact them through e-mail on their website. I have found it almost impossible to find info on Ewing's, so when they release a shoe, I always ask them if it is an OG colorway, and if so, where can I find a picture of the original to compare it to. 8/10 times I get ignored, and the other 2/10 they respond back with bogus statements that couldn't be farther from my question if they tried. Hence, with no information I am forced to not purchase their product. 

The company has really made a bad impression, and if I had to do it over again, I would have NEVER became interested in Ewing Athletics in the first place.
Usually when Ewing releases a sneaker it's all over sneaker sites and in the description they tell you whether it is OG or not. Plus a simple google search would suffice I would think or even ask in here, I agree that it's not a good look but I never contact brands about anything really, I don't even have social media so I couldn't even if I wanted too.

I'm the same way, I prefer OG color ways over any other color way period.

Usually when Ewing releases a sneaker it's all over sneaker sites and in the description they tell you whether it is OG or not. Plus a simple google search would suffice I would think or even ask in here, I agree that it's not a good look but I never contact brands about anything really, I don't even have social media so I couldn't even if I wanted too.

I'm the same way, I prefer OG color ways over any other color way period.
If you don't know what colors are OG what's the fuss? I mean if you see a shoe and you like it why not just buy it regardless? Crazy to think you like a shoe and look up if it's OG and that determines if you buy them or not, all the colors will eventually be OG one day, just enjoy the design of the shoe.

If you don't know what colors are OG what's the fuss? I mean if you see a shoe and you like it why not just buy it regardless? Crazy to think you like a shoe and look up if it's OG and that determines if you buy them or not, all the colors will eventually be OG one day, just enjoy the design of the shoe.
I don't base my decision off of whether or not the color way is OG, I said I prefer OG color ways, I only have one pair of shoes that aren't an OG color way and that's the recent Laney 5s, I just don't like crazy color ways and the majority of color ways back then were simple.

I don't base my decision off of whether or not the color way is OG, I said I prefer OG color ways, I only have one pair of shoes that aren't an OG color way and that's the recent Laney 5s, I just don't like crazy color ways and the majority of color ways back then were simple.
That makes no sense, if you like plain then choose a color you like. Whether it's a retro or not doesn't determine them being simple, there were some OG's that were flamboyantly colorful.

That makes no sense, if you like plain then choose a color you like. Whether it's a retro or not doesn't determine them being simple, there were some OG's that were flamboyantly colorful.
Very few shoes were "flamboyant" compared to today. You name me some Aunt Pearls, Galaxy themed shoes, or the recent Gumbo ASG's, ASG shoes in general are the definition of flamboyant. Colors back then were not that crazy at all, they matched team gear and that was it for the most part.

Only flamboyant Ewing that has released so far are those Guards with hella colors all on em. Aside from that everything has been simple, just not to my liking.

Very few shoes were "flamboyant" compared to today. You name me some Aunt Pearls, Galaxy themed shoes, or the recent Gumbo ASG's, ASG shoes in general are the definition of flamboyant. Colors back then were not that crazy at all, they matched team gear and that was it for the most part.

Only flamboyant Ewing that has released so far are those Guards with hella colors all on em. Aside from that everything has been simple, just not to my liking.
The guards were OG though, but I get what you're saying.

The guards were OG though, but I get what you're saying.
Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying, I agree that back then they definitely had their little share of flamboyant sneakers, but definitely not like how we do now, it seems like the crazier the color the "hotter" a shoe is, not to me, I like simple shoes lol i.e. Ewing Guard Black/White.

It's almost like we switched, back then the clothes were more flamboyant than the shoes, today it's the shoes that are more flamboyant and our clothes are "simpler" for lack of a better word.

Did somebody just say the scuba Guards were OG? 
That color way came from a different Ewing, the color way in general is OG, they were on the Sport Lites, them on the Guards however are not OG, we were just talking about "crazy flamboyant" color ways and how color blocking on kicks back then was a lot more simple than today.

Ok yea. I know about the color on the other shoe.

Another problem I have is that NEXT sports took over in the early 90's, but Ewing Athletics is not going to follow their model. They are going to release shoes of what a PHOENIX version would have looked like, if PHOENIX were to have made the shoes back then. This is one of the only useful things Ewing Athletics ever e-mailed me about. I really liked the purple suede guard, but instead of making the Next version, they made a "what a phoenix version would have looked like." The tongue is embroidered differently, the 33 is white instead of black, the sole is only partially black instead of all the way black, the top of the shoe is black, and not purple, etc..

picture-89.png

ewing-athletics-guard-euro-exclusive-purple-1.jpg

Ok yea. I know about the color on the other shoe.

Another problem I have is that NEXT sports took over in the early 90's, but Ewing Athletics is not going to follow their model. They are going to release shoes of what a PHOENIX version would have looked like, if PHOENIX were to have made the shoes back then. This is one of the only useful things Ewing Athletics ever e-mailed me about. I really liked the purple suede guard, but instead of making the Next version, they made a "what a phoenix version would have looked like." The tongue is embroidered differently, the 33 is white instead of black, the sole is only partially black instead of all the way black, the top of the shoe is black, and not purple, etc..

picture-89.png

ewing-athletics-guard-euro-exclusive-purple-1.jpg
Wow, didn't know that. That's pretty weird. Maybe they're pulling a Jordan move lol trolling us at first and give us the actual models later?

Just got my black suede 33 hi's in and I dont like them on my feet. Expect a 13 to be returning to CNCPTS soon.

Saw the black suedes at EpitomeATL yesterday. Phone calls came in back to back to place a order. Thought they were very clean in person, but I'd rather have the leather joints.

Last edited:

Don't post in NT often anymore, but just my .02:

Quality: I copped a pair of wheat Ewing Guard shoes. In my opinion, the upper materials are absolutely top. One gripe however was that there was some minor loose stitching around two of the upper left eyelets of the right shoe. I want to keep the shoes and wear them, so I took the time, needle and thread and stitched it myself. I didn't want it become unravelled after some wears. Now, was it a reason to send the shoe back? For me, no. In comparison to Jordans and sneakerheads (especially older), Ewings would never be subject to such quality issues, if you could cop on the major discount and were able to just accept the shoes as they are.

Retro: as PharaohRache said, it'll be another while until these retro again. You could maybe look forward to getting the next hyped-up retro Jordan some years down the road, but I'd rather not get caught up in speculation and rumors about J's - they drop? Okay, I'll try and cop, but there's so many other retro kicks I'd rather aim for which I'd rather have - with better quality, i.e. adidas ZX stuff.

Sizing: I'm a size US 9.5 in Jordans and Nike Basketball shoes, 10 in Air Maxes, 10 in adidas. I went a .5 size UP (US 10) and they're slightly narrow in the toebox area. I think a 10.5 would have been too big. But it is what it is - nothing that an insole switch and/ot thicker socks can't solve.

Peace,
-F Sharp005

I e-mailed EwingAthletics back in October about the 33 Center Hi's and the Rogue's and they said "stay tuned" with a winking smiley :wink:

Back
Top Bottom