Official Pac-10/Big 12 Hardwood Series Thread

We've got the Pac-10/Big 12 Hardwood Series starting tonight with he 17th ranked Oregon Ducks traveling to Manhattan, Kansas to take on the Kansas StateWildcats. The game will be shown on ESPN2.

I haven't seen Oregon play this season, I've only been able to read about them so I'm excited to finally get to see the Ducks in action tonight.Michael Beasley has just been nasty in his short stint at KS so far. It should be an interesting game. Bryce Taylor/Maarty Leunen will most likely be assignedto cover this man-child of a player.

Other matchups include:

USC/Oklahoma
Texas/UCLA
Kansas/Arizona
Arizona/Texas A&M
Washington St/Baylor

I'll try to keep it updated. I'm not very good at it, so bear with me lol

Don't let Beasley's 30 and 10 average fool you. As a whole, KSU is soft. They've been having to come from behind to beat less than mediocre teams.I think Oregon wins this by 10+.

gotta you beat me to it...Beasley is going to get his no doubt but the rest of that team is lacking. If Walker plays well and they ever get Hoskins back thenyou are talking about a good team but until then that team is gonna ride on Beasley's shoulders for as long as he can carry them. Either way Oregon shouldroll tonight.

DrFunk, why not make this the BigXii/Pac10 Series thread? There's a few really solid matchups this weekend in this series.

Oregon/K-State
USC/Oklahoma
Texas/UCLA
Kansas/USC
Arizona/Texas A&M
Washington St/Baylor

I was just gonna make this post. I can't wait for the leunen beasley matchup. Ducks by 7-10

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Wow good game.

Is Bill Walker playing yet?

Yeah, but I could see why you couldn't tell. Dude is playing anemic basketball. He's been a nonfactor so far this year. He can't seem to hit aconsistent jumpshot.

Yeah, but I could see why you couldn't tell. Dude is playing anemic basketball. He's been a nonfactor so far this year. He can't seem to hit a consistent jumpshot.

Haha, this is the same Bill Walker that bballah claimed was basically the best current NBA prospect on planet Earth . . so much for that
laugh.gif
Anyway, I'lljust be happy to watch a UO event that has nothing to do with football. I'll be at the game and everything on saturday but from what I hear it's drearyas heck up there right now . .

BTW I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Beasley looks frighteningly similar to Furious Styles(Laurence Fishburne) from Boyz n tha Hood . . .
nerd.gif
Sorry I can't figure out how to post pictures on this new NT system . .

Haha, this is the same Bill Walker that bballah claimed was basically the best current NBA prospect on planet Earth
He isn't the only one who thought that. Dude had his little weight issue before the season began but from what I had heard a couple weeksbefore the season started was that Billy was just beasting and now dude is struggling to put up 10 and 5 a night.

I gotcha, but even when Walker was healthy last season he didn't exactly set the world on fire, which is exactly what he should have done considering thehype he had and how easily a lot of superstar frosh have been excelling right from the get-go as of late.

Billy is gonna do his thing, don't worry...His explosiveness was a HUGE part of his game, and coming of a ruptured ACL he's not going to have thatexplosiveness back just yet...Give him time, he'll round back into form.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

No joke...anybody have the Billy Walker popcorn GIF??

But Bill just aint Bill no more....its sad....2 knee injuries has really depleted the kids bounce.....Ive seen him probably close to 40 times throughout highschool and man....the kid had as bright of an NBA future as anyone....
frown.gif

Best dunk Ive ever seen him do live:

In a spurt where he scored 12 points in a row (all on dunks) against H-Squad at ABCD camp....this was the cap off....they gave him the ball at half�court....Davon Jefferson (now at USC) came out to guard him...he crossed him over and
eek.gif
�� crowd went nuts

wow these refs are so $$$*++# awful. No calls on that charge on beasley or that goaltending that everyone saw but the refs.

Mini Z-Bo puttin in work
smokin.gif
This win feels just like the Georgetown game last year, that's a good sign. I'm still surprised at how good KamyronBrown is this early, I saw him play something like 4 or 5 times on TV down here and he just flat-out didn't look like a quality Pac-10 PG to me. I'veseen a lot of big men look average in HS and then become great players in college but it's pretty rare to see a PG look better in college than he did inHS.

Kansas State gave that game away.....

What did they shoot from the line?

And how about the play at the end of the overtime?
laugh.gif

Yo bballah, I'm curious, wasn't our basketball program supposed to be in the gutter at this point? That's what I thought you and your pops said butmaybe my memory is failing me. That '08 class sure isnt helpin the cause . . .

Great game. Maarty with at least one clutch free throw. Reminded me of Wazzu last year.

But the Ducks are
pimp.gif

just read a paragraph from the write up of the game...and clearly these people don't know what they're talking about...

Oregon had never faced a ranked nonconference opponent on the road in its 105-year history, and this was the first time in five years it had faced a ranked opponent outside the Pac-10.

If my memory serves me well (and it does), Oregon went to Washington DC last year and beat a ranked Georgetown squad at home...

Where they got that line is beyond me...

Back
Top Bottom