***Official Ohio State football 2009 off-season thread vol. Spring Game April 25!

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

First change that needs to be implemented is the removal of "the" from Ohio State University.

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

no we need to get rid of Tressel so I can actually start liking my own alma mater's team
grin.gif

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

OSU's depth chart has to appeal to Boyd. Assuming Pryor is going to start for 3 more years, if Boyd came and redshirted he could still have two years of starting.
You would think Ohio State's depth chart would appeal to him. If they don't pick up a QB in this class, they'll have 2 scholarships QBs for next season.
sick.gif
If anything would happen to Terrelle...the season is in the tank.

They've pretty much put all their efforts towards Boyd, with all the other top QB's (just about) already signing. I hope Tressel's in-home withhim yesterday pulled him back here.

OSU's depth chart has to appeal to Boyd. Assuming Pryor is going to start for 3 more years, if Boyd came and redshirted he could still have two years of starting.
You would think Ohio State's depth chart would appeal to him. If they don't pick up a QB in this class, they'll have 2 scholarships QBs for next season.
sick.gif
If anything would happen to Terrelle...the season is in the tank.

They've pretty much put all their efforts towards Boyd, with all the other top QB's (just about) already signing. I hope Tressel's in-home with him yesterday pulled him back here.
The in-home is/was tonight. If Boyd doesn't pull the trigger for Ohio State, look for them to offer the QB from Kettering Alter (Boucher?). Heprobably will never see the field, but they need more than 2 quarterbacks on the team.

A projected starting lineup from an all-Buckeye board I am on.

O-
QB: TP
RB: Boom
LT: Mike Adams
LG: Boren
C: Brewster
RG: Cordle
RT: Shugarts
TE: Ballard
WR: Posey
WR: Sanzenbacher
WR: Small

D-
DE: Williams/Wilson
DT: Worthington
DT: Heyward
DE: Gibson
OLB: Homan
MLB: Spitler
OLB: Sabino
CB: Washington
SS: Kurt Coleman
FS: Anderson Russell
CB: Chimdi Chekwa

Originally Posted by dreClark

Y'all need a Good QB coach. Or the QB coach needs to do his job.

And Jammal Berry is not that good....Don't expect him to come in and have an impact like Herron had this year.
Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

Wells is going to get MURKED in the L...

Can anyone say Lawrence Maroney?
laugh.gif

Im actually looking forward to seeing Hyde more so than Berry.
bucks obviously need an OC, however Tressel has stated multiple times that his ego would never let him hand over the play calling duties

He doesnt call the plays they are ran thru him though. (w/ him being able to 'veto')

I haven't watched tOSU play many times this year..Probably about 3 or 4 times..Jim Tressel seemed too passive..

Why is that?

Changed the thread title. But with Beanie's departure BOOM! Here comes the BOOM!. Herron and Saine along with the freshman class will be just fine. ButBeanie will be missed.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

I think tressel should have implemented the 2 QB thing way back....Pryor is a great athlete. I think he messed up by benching Beckman. As everyone saw he made some good throws in the few snaps he got. They should have played Pryor at WR and given him a few plays at QB. I dont know why Pryor didnt go to Michigan. This offense doesnt seem to fit him so its going to be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.
the reason he got benched in the first place... inconsistency....

He got benched after the second game.... just because they got blown out by a better team in USC doesnt mean he deserved to get benched....the reason why he struggled is because their "great" offensive line didnt play up to the expectations and couldnt protect the guy
Remind you, that was without Beanie. It's almost as if Tressel knew the season was over and needed an excuse to change things.

I cant wait till the game at the shoe next year. I hope you guys are perceived as being good next year, because this year you guys did nothing for our schedulebecause everyone just thinks you suck.

Holding on for a W in the Fiesta bowl would have helped a lot, but of course you guys couldnt do that either.

I think tressel should have implemented the 2 QB thing way back....Pryor is a great athlete. I think he messed up by benching Beckman. As everyone saw he made some good throws in the few snaps he got. They should have played Pryor at WR and given him a few plays at QB. I dont know why Pryor didnt go to Michigan. This offense doesnt seem to fit him so its going to be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.

He got benched after the second game.... just because they got blown out by a better team in USC doesnt mean he deserved to get benched....the reason why he struggled is because their "great" offensive line didnt play up to the expectations and couldnt protect the guy
Bingo....Would have had a 1 loss season(probably) had he just used the 2 QB system all year.

Joe Daniels(QB coach) needs to get with Terelle Pryor Asap! Pryor will be good as soon as his mechanics are on point
Heacock and Bollman has to go we need new schemes on Offense and Defense
Tressell has to play his best players and not be mister nice guy.. There is no way Mo Wells should of recieved 10 carries this season
laugh.gif

Boom Herron will be crucial he has to have a great off-season
Posey, Washington, Small and Dane S. will have to emerge to help Hartline
O-Line has to step it up big time.. Alex Boone was way overated.
The senior class should be hungry unlike this years class. Malcolm was probably the only one who brought it week in and week out. Even Nader Abdullah playedhis heart out in some games.
Wheres Bradon Saine?
eyes.gif
is he turning into Erik Haw
laugh.gif

We have to find a 2nd back that can help out Boom...

Its gonna be a long fight to gain national respect but we have the tools..

What's up with all this Boeckman talk??
laugh.gif

Dude has been in the program for two presidential terms lol he should of known everything inside out
He looked great vs YSU, Northwestern, and all the other sub-par teams.
I believe Tressel made the right move, but thats my opinion
Boeckman was trash vs Michigan last year, OHIO UNIVERSITY, Illinois, LSU, USC and had many other dull moments..
Dude got outplayed by Boo Jackson vs OU
He was a captain his leadership and class will be missed more than his play on the field

Next year we go as far as Pryor's off-season development goes to be honest.

Posey and Sabino bout to go off in '09
pimp.gif

I would compare Beanie's game to Brandon Jacobs, with more speed but less power.

sick.gif
at our incoming class...J. Green, C.J., Corey Brown, Bell, Clarke,Jamie Wood and Jordan Whiting, just to name a few.

I would say Oregon is still very much in the running for Boyd.

Anyone know when/how I can get tickets for the Toledo/Buckeyes game in Cleveland on 9/19 at browns stadium?

naw boeckman got benched cause he was progressively getting worse from the illinois game to the NC and then the usc debacle was the last straw,honestly i dont think he was that good alot of his deep balls would come up short and under thrown. and every knows the o-line sucks so why would tresselcontinue to start a slow weak armed inconsistent qb. might as well throw your #1 recruit in there and see what he is made of and let him develop early so nextyr he will already have the expirience

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

naw boeckman got benched cause he was progressively getting worse from the illinois game to the NC and then the usc debacle was the last straw, honestly i dont think he was that good alot of his deep balls would come up short and under thrown. and every knows the o-line sucks so why would tressel continue to start a slow weak armed inconsistent qb. might as well throw your #1 recruit in there and see what he is made of and let him develop early so next yr he will already have the expirience
Yeah...pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

naw boeckman got benched cause he was progressively getting worse from the illinois game to the NC and then the usc debacle was the last straw, honestly i dont think he was that good alot of his deep balls would come up short and under thrown. and every knows the o-line sucks so why would tressel continue to start a slow weak armed inconsistent qb. might as well throw your #1 recruit in there and see what he is made of and let him develop early so next yr he will already have the expirience
Yeah...pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Boeckman was just not that good, it's not like he made up for his limited skill set with good game management (a la Craig Krenzel). I do feel kinda badthat this was Boeckman's senior season and dude basically rode the pine despite being one of the team leaders.

I would have liked to seen Pryor earlier/more in the USC game because my rationale is I'd rather take my chances with the young talented freshman againstthat fast USC defense instead of a predictable, mediocre Todd Boeckman. Regardless the end result wasn't pretty in that game, but I would say it's allpart of TP's learning curve....

Originally Posted by FeelMode

I cant wait till the game at the shoe next year. I hope you guys are perceived as being good next year, because this year you guys did nothing for our schedule because everyone just thinks you suck.

Holding on for a W in the Fiesta bowl would have helped a lot, but of course you guys couldnt do that either.

I hate USC and their fans ALMOST as much as the team up north and their fans.

Anyways, I easily see this team going 11-1 or 10-2 next year. I like the looks of the O-line, WRs, of course QB, and RBs will be fine too. D-line should besolid along with secondary, only question I have is LB core.

Back
Top Bottom