*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

MontellGriffin97 wrote:
bruh's how in the world did these dudes buzz get so hyped up so quickly(industry wize), i remember when drake dropped so far gone, it took the industry at least 3 months before they caught the wave.

It seems like they caught on to these dudes too quick. AM I REACHING?
Nah they are definitely getting exposure that yonkers vid put them over the top. But I wouldn't put it on a SFG caliber that was a straight phenomenon. Dude literally became a superstar when that dropped
eek.gif

Anyone know exactly why Tyler named that song Yonkers? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by robxdrew

MontellGriffin97 wrote:
bruh's how in the world did these dudes buzz get so hyped up so quickly(industry wize), i remember when drake dropped so far gone, it took the industry at least 3 months before they caught the wave.

Nah they are definitely getting exposure that yonkers vid put them over the top. But I wouldn't put it on a SFG caliber that was a straight phenomenon. Dude literally became a superstar when that dropped
eek.gif

nerd.gif

Cause the beat sounds like straight up New York.

MontellGriffin97 wrote:

eek.gif

nerd.gif

Cause the beat sounds like straight up New York.

Originally Posted by henz0

alien.gif
@ comparing these dudes to Eminem.. Yeah eminem spits about crazy $*#% but his flows & rhyme patters are
eek.gif
. These dudes ( from what i've heard at least ) say some crazy $*#% but with a regular basic flow..

No hate here though, their buzz is crazy and thats all that matters at the end of the day.
their thoughts are more descriptive like that of eminem

it's not that hard to figure out

Originally Posted by henz0

alien.gif
@ comparing these dudes to Eminem.. Yeah eminem spits about crazy $*#% but his flows & rhyme patters are
eek.gif
. These dudes ( from what i've heard at least ) say some crazy $*#% but with a regular basic flow..

No hate here though, their buzz is crazy and thats all that matters at the end of the day.
their thoughts are more descriptive like that of eminem

it's not that hard to figure out

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

As Nosnitsky points out, "Some of these guys [writing about Odd Future] take a casual interest in black men killing other black men on record on a regular basis with nary a cry of morality. But as soon as women or homosexuals become the target it's a talking point." What does it mean for black teenagers to talk about rape?
This.
This.

This.

This.

I think we should discuss it.
I cant speak for everyone else but as far as im concerned my issue isnt the fact that they are talking about violence its the fact that they are in essence no different than an artist who constantly talks about about violence and murder, besides the fact that its ALL im hearing from them. 
Lets take some of the prototypical rappers who talk about violence towards other blacks (50, gucci, Waka etc.). Do you ever see these guys getting praised for their creativity for writing verses that have them shooting everything in sight..... NO, they get called ignorant, stale music, meaningless....

Now lets talk Odd future Tyler & Earl specifically because i havent heard much from the rest and these our the two that get the most praise. These our two teens who have full verses about how they are going to kill you. Not tough talking bravado, not a life they have actually witnessed, not to appeal to be accepted by their demographic. they are just spewing a full 16 about hatred, rape, murder and mutilation to what purpose..... To gain shock value and and have people like
sick.gif
 to increase their buzz.(Which I admit is a smart marketing plan because it has done wonders for their buzz)

I also think a reason people aren't so taken back by the violence in 50, gucci etc tracks isnt because they are targeting black males, but because a large majority of their songs are written to fit this certain image of a "drug dealer/ street *+@%*" so people understand that anybody who does involve themselves in that kind of environment opens themselves up to violence.. Ex. its never much sympathy when street rappers get shot because quite frankly people assume that these people really interact around that environment (Which is true in the case of flocka/gucci)

Basically IDGAF about what vile and insane acts they talk about in their songs because i know its all in the purpose of entertainment(Now why someone is entertained by this is a whole other convo) my problem comes with people who say these "street" artist are trash and make ****ery, foolishness etc.... then pass OFWGKTA as artistic and these creative geniuses... is someone using a whole 16 to tell me how their gonna kidnap my sister and cut her eyes out and $%+! her corpse any more creative than im gonna shoot a *+@%* because he owes me money
laugh.gif
 (no their both senseless acts of violence that neither of these artist are ever gonna do)

IMO this is like the whole penalty of crack(Trap music) vs cocaine(Violent Music) same drug different consumers 

Nice! I agree with everything said in that last paragraph. Well spoken. Seems like anything blasphemous and rebelious gets attention today. Kids today are all about being rebels, so if that means wearing tiny pants, rapping about necrophelia, or calling yourself God, you do it to get the recognition and spread whatever message you're trying to get out there. I see their vision. I want to see what they're going to do with the spotlight.
the difference is, these KIDS are talking about it from a satirical point of view, whereas Gucci and them are speaking on situations they are involved in and and are doing nothing to change...what OF is doing is no different than a critically praised movie such as KIDS

Its more or less the equivalent to Human Centipede,Saw,Hostel and Serbian film as far as content. I dont like them because they are way too overrated im all for rap with a message and an artist who is truly trying to say something .Whether its his life,an amazing well crafted story,something discussing events in our world. Thats whats dope to me. I cant get behind that shock rap .I like lil b because when dude wants to rap about something serious its usually good . Even though I will cook (Sous Chef
pimp.gif
) I cant get behind these kids here soley because they are talking about nothing at all . All the time

As Nosnitsky points out, "Some of these guys [writing about Odd Future] take a casual interest in black men killing other black men on record on a regular basis with nary a cry of morality. But as soon as women or homosexuals become the target it's a talking point." What does it mean for black teenagers to talk about rape?
This.
This.

This.

This.

I cant speak for everyone else but as far as im concerned my issue isnt the fact that they are talking about violence its the fact that they are in essence no different than an artist who constantly talks about about violence and murder, besides the fact that its ALL im hearing from them. 
Lets take some of the prototypical rappers who talk about violence towards other blacks (50, gucci, Waka etc.). Do you ever see these guys getting praised for their creativity for writing verses that have them shooting everything in sight..... NO, they get called ignorant, stale music, meaningless....

Now lets talk Odd future Tyler & Earl specifically because i havent heard much from the rest and these our the two that get the most praise. These our two teens who have full verses about how they are going to kill you. Not tough talking bravado, not a life they have actually witnessed, not to appeal to be accepted by their demographic. they are just spewing a full 16 about hatred, rape, murder and mutilation to what purpose..... To gain shock value and and have people like
sick.gif
 to increase their buzz.(Which I admit is a smart marketing plan because it has done wonders for their buzz)

I also think a reason people aren't so taken back by the violence in 50, gucci etc tracks isnt because they are targeting black males, but because a large majority of their songs are written to fit this certain image of a "drug dealer/ street *+@%*" so people understand that anybody who does involve themselves in that kind of environment opens themselves up to violence.. Ex. its never much sympathy when street rappers get shot because quite frankly people assume that these people really interact around that environment (Which is true in the case of flocka/gucci)

Basically IDGAF about what vile and insane acts they talk about in their songs because i know its all in the purpose of entertainment(Now why someone is entertained by this is a whole other convo) my problem comes with people who say these "street" artist are trash and make ****ery, foolishness etc.... then pass OFWGKTA as artistic and these creative geniuses... is someone using a whole 16 to tell me how their gonna kidnap my sister and cut her eyes out and $%+! her corpse any more creative than im gonna shoot a *+@%* because he owes me money
laugh.gif
 (no their both senseless acts of violence that neither of these artist are ever gonna do)

IMO this is like the whole penalty of crack(Trap music) vs cocaine(Violent Music) same drug different consumers 

Nice! I agree with everything said in that last paragraph. Well spoken. Seems like anything blasphemous and rebelious gets attention today. Kids today are all about being rebels, so if that means wearing tiny pants, rapping about necrophelia, or calling yourself God, you do it to get the recognition and spread whatever message you're trying to get out there. I see their vision. I want to see what they're going to do with the spotlight.
the difference is, these KIDS are talking about it from a satirical point of view, whereas Gucci and them are speaking on situations they are involved in and and are doing nothing to change...what OF is doing is no different than a critically praised movie such as KIDS

Its more or less the equivalent to Human Centipede,Saw,Hostel and Serbian film as far as content. I dont like them because they are way too overrated im all for rap with a message and an artist who is truly trying to say something .Whether its his life,an amazing well crafted story,something discussing events in our world. Thats whats dope to me. I cant get behind that shock rap .I like lil b because when dude wants to rap about something serious its usually good . Even though I will cook (Sous Chef
pimp.gif
) I cant get behind these kids here soley because they are talking about nothing at all . All the time

This.
This.

This.

This.

sick.gif

laugh.gif

I see where your coming from but the truth is their demographic isnt seeing it as satire. For example when em spit those crazy lyrics the videos had a much brighter/ comedy kind of aspect as opposed to the seriousness of Odds videos.. 

This.
This.

This.

This.

sick.gif

laugh.gif

I see where your coming from but the truth is their demographic isnt seeing it as satire. For example when em spit those crazy lyrics the videos had a much brighter/ comedy kind of aspect as opposed to the seriousness of Odds videos.. 

This.
This.

This.

This.

sick.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah.......NO.

This.
This.

This.

This.

sick.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah.......NO.

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Not reaching at all. It's kind of crazy how much attention odd future is getting right now.

Mos def is a fan...mos def was at jimmy fallon show...mos is best friends with kanye west. Told west about them. Kanye is working with beer right now. Network!!!! Diddy wants to sign them so he can get $ and not give them any as always.

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Not reaching at all. It's kind of crazy how much attention odd future is getting right now.

Mos def is a fan...mos def was at jimmy fallon show...mos is best friends with kanye west. Told west about them. Kanye is working with beer right now. Network!!!! Diddy wants to sign them so he can get $ and not give them any as always.

Questlove from the roots told Jayz about them, Jay invited them to his house for tacos...

Questlove from the roots told Jayz about them, Jay invited them to his house for tacos...

MontellGriffin97 wrote:

eek.gif

nerd.gif

I believe there's an interview where he says it's because he likes new york.

MontellGriffin97 wrote:

eek.gif

nerd.gif

I believe there's an interview where he says it's because he likes new york.

Back
Top Bottom