:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Alright boys, now that the Cable man is staying, what's next on our priority list?

Why don't we try establishing a common Raider draft board here that the majority of us agree on? That might be fun
laugh.gif

Here are my predictions for the rest of the offseason:
1. Seymour is franchised this year.
2. Our OC will be a welcome surprise.
3. JaMarcus will NOT get it together.
4. Gradkowski will continue to put in work and demonstrate through training camp and preseason that he is the immediate future.
5. We will surprise people with a DECENT (not great) draft and salvage an awful front line.

Who else has some ideas for the future?

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I'm glad we kept Cable. I will be ECSTATIC if we cut Russell.
          Who's that in your avy???
nerd.gif

And where's JPZ to talk his #@#+ now?
laugh.gif
its catalina taylor
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Alright boys, now that the Cable man is staying, what's next on our priority list?

Why don't we try establishing a common Raider draft board here that the majority of us agree on? That might be fun
laugh.gif

4. Gradkowski will continue to put in work and demonstrate through training camp and preseason that he is the immediate future.
5. We will surprise people with a DECENT (not great) draft and salvage an awful front line.

Al Davis won't allow the oc to have any freedom, and if al is still in charge by the time of the draft I wouldnt count on anything other than a dismal draft class.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

laugh.gif

I agree with everything you said. I'm still not sure if I want us to go DE if Morgan is available or O-line but I'm leaning towards o-line, because our right side is non-existent as of now.
         There's a TON of potential in our LB's we just need to get the right guy to develop them, Thomas Howard is going to be a beast. We need to re-sign him. As for Kirk, I say we bring him back because frankly, there's not much better we can do. It'd be nice to find a true MLB so we can move him back to OLB though.
         If there's a remotely decent free agent CB out there we need to get him because Routt and Johnson aren't going to cut it, especially when Nnamdi only plays one side of the field. Maybe even move Huff to corner and slide Tyvone to FS and Mitchell to SS, even though that's a pretty extreme move
laugh.gif
         We also need to decide which of our 3 RB's is going to our guy. Bush is my favorite as of now but I think if we get an o-line developed then DMC can turn out somewhat decent.
         I'm not counting on Jamarcus showing any change, the man just isn't motivated to be a good player. All he cares about is the $$$. I remember reading after one of the games where Jamarcus totally blew it (I think it was the first Denver game I'm not positive though) a fan said something to him as he was walking off the field and he had a friend with him that said something along the lines of "Well we got money and we're eating you're broke" and Jamarcus just laughed at the fan. Especially after hearing about him going to Vegas instead of the meeting I don't even want to give him a chance. I think Grad is gonna be our guy this year, I know he's undersized but he makes smart decisions and has A LOT of heart. He might not be great but I think he might be enough to get our offense going.
          We need to extend that contract with Zach Miller too because he's a crucial piece to the offense. I expect big things from Zach, Chaz and Murphy next season.

It would really suck if Jamarcus is starting next year. We all know how much Al loves him, which has me worried that he would want to keep him longer. I really liked what Gradkowski did as a starter before getting hurt, and I believe he gives us the best chance to win next season.

This is what I put up a couple pages ago...

My offseason plans:

-Retain Cable  DONE
-Bring in a good O-Coord to call plays
-Resign Seymour, Seabass, T. How, and maybe Morrison
-Restructure/Cut Jamarcus
-Runningbacks are fine with McBushgas
-Start talking with Zach Miller about a long term deal cuz this is his final year

FA/Draft: MLB, OT, OG, CB, DT

For the draft, right now I'm leanin towards Rolando McClain.

^I dont' know about going after McClain. I think we can get by with the LB's we have right now and focus on a weaker part of our game like our o-line or defensive end.

All I want is JaMarcus off the team and I'll be pumped for next year no matter what but if he's on the team then I'm not going to be excited at all. I cannot stand him, he's worn out his welcome and Al should recognize that by now but hasn't.
ohwell.gif

^See I don't mind our D-ends. I think Shaugnessy looked real solid last year, Ellis is still signed, Seymour is gonna at least get the francishe tag, and Richardson is mediocre. So for our top pick, I don't like D-end as a priority. O-line I'm good with for our first pick cuz we desperately need one. I just don't know who's gonna be available at pick #8. McCoy?

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

All I want is JaMarcus off the team and I'll be pumped for next year no matter what but if he's on the team then I'm not going to be excited at all. I cannot stand him, he's worn out his welcome and Al should recognize that by now but hasn't.
ohwell.gif

%**@ Al. We could've made the playoffs this year if he didn't %**@ up so much trying to play GM and running the team into the ground. I STILL can't believe we drafted Darrius ##%#%+% Heyward-Bey with our top 10 pick
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

^See I don't mind our D-ends. I think Shaugnessy looked real solid last year, Ellis is still signed, Seymour is gonna at least get the francishe tag, and Richardson is mediocre. So for our top pick, I don't like D-end as a priority. O-line I'm good with for our first pick cuz we desperately need one. I just don't know who's gonna be available at pick #8. McCoy?
          Actually yeah you're right about the DE situation, though I'm shaky on if Ellis will stay healthy. Shaugnessy is gonna have a great year I think. McCoy is a DT isn't he? I'm hoping we have a shot at Okung if not there's Bruce Campbell, Anthony Davis and Bryan Bulaga(sp?).
         I'm kinda worried that Al is going to go after Taylor Mays or Dez Bryant...

Honestly, I'm right with you on McClain. He would bring immediate results to our rush defense, making it respectable.

The Silver and Black blog had an interesting section: how about getting both McClain and his teammate, NT Terrence Cody?

http://www.silverandblack...cclain-cody-or#storyjump

Could make our defense interesting.

(though I'm uncomfortable trading away our two second round picks, which would most likely be necessary to outfitting a proper o-line.)

Originally Posted by awon23

Trade up in the draft and draft Ndamukong Suh.

A man can only dream...

Noo, honestly we can get plenty of value where we are, theres a lot of impact players in the draft class

and I dont think theres a way we get Peppers if we resign Seymour(which I hope we do), that would be dope tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by awon23

Trade up in the draft and draft Ndamukong Suh.

A man can only dream...

Noo, honestly we can get plenty of value where we are, theres a lot of impact players in the draft class

and I dont think theres a way we get Peppers if we resign Seymour(which I hope we do), that would be dope tho
laugh.gif
 I can dream right?
laugh.gif

Actually yeah you're right about the DE situation, though I'm shaky on if Ellis will stay healthy. Shaugnessy is gonna have a great year I think. McCoy is a DT isn't he? I'm hoping we have a shot at Okung if not there's Bruce Campbell, Anthony Davis and Bryan Bulaga(sp?).
Oops, yea not McCoy...even though I wouldn't mind him
nerd.gif
.  I meant Okung, but my guess is he'll be taken by the Chefs at #5.

Al is definitely crazy about athleticism/speed/numbers but one thing you can say is that he at least drafts what we NEED.  For the most part the last several years, every pick he made in the 1st round we NEEDED except Darren McFadden.  The problem is that none of those picks panned out, save Asomugha.  Considering Huff finally had his breakout party, and Tyvon starting to beast, along with drafting Mitchell last year I think its safe to say even Al will pass up Mays and his combine.  Unless of course Al doesn't think he can keep Huff after next year.  And Al already drafted DHB (
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
) and Murph (
happy.gif
pimp.gif
) last year, so I don't think Dez is an option.  Son unless those two guys wild out at the comnine a la McFadden, which is possible, I think we're safe. 

Possible athletic freaks at positions of need that Al will look at are: Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, Carlos Dunlap, and Bruce Campbell.  I'm probably forgetting some dudes who will crush the combine...  Let's just hope Suh goes all Andre Smith and he falls to 8
pimp.gif

Oops, yea not McCoy...even though I wouldn't mind him
nerd.gif
.  I meant Okung, but my guess is he'll be taken by the Chefs at #5.

Al is definitely crazy about athleticism/speed/numbers but one thing you can say is that he at least drafts what we NEED.  For the most part the last several years, every pick he made in the 1st round we NEEDED except Darren McFadden.  The problem is that none of those picks panned out, save Asomugha.  Considering Huff finally had his breakout party, and Tyvon starting to beast, along with drafting Mitchell last year I think its safe to say even Al will pass up Mays and his combine.  Unless of course Al doesn't think he can keep Huff after next year.  And Al already drafted DHB (
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
) and Murph (
happy.gif
pimp.gif
) last year, so I don't think Dez is an option.  Son unless those two guys wild out at the comnine a la McFadden, which is possible, I think we're safe. 

Possible athletic freaks at positions of need that Al will look at are: Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, Carlos Dunlap, and Bruce Campbell.  I'm probably forgetting some dudes who will crush the combine...  Let's just hope Suh goes all Andre Smith and he falls to 8
pimp.gif
         Well put. And I don't exactly know if it'd be a good thing if Suh did that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom