Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Is it ok to say i may be more exhausted than my wife.
(While we have a newborn)
Cooking. Cleaning, being the shield that guards the realm of men.
Letting her sleep at night while i feed baby and watch for diaper duty.
Waking up going to work in 90 minute traffic. Trying to be upbeat teaching. Another hour back home driving. Grocery shopping dinner
Exhausted

I know it will get harder for my wife as the baby gets more active but as of right now im stretched so thin.
It also doesnt help that our cat has seperation anxiety and we've been gone for 6 days. So she literally meowed from 4 pm when we got home til 5 am when i finally decided to sleep down stairs with her near so shed shut up...this was all after letting my wife nap for a good 3 hours so she can rest ...which has been amazing for her since now that breast milk finally coming in!!!
We've been doing formula since the baby was under weight and she wasnt producing.
Its just wild.

About to be in those shoes...girl is 5 weeks old
Luckily in NY u can get 6 weeks...used it.
Back next week, bracing for that stress, travel etc

End of the day it's all worth it

raised 2 kids off gerber gentle. gets hellq expensive buying a 35 dollar tub a week but both my kids are healthy as oxes. i think it mqy have contributed to some excezma related stuff but nutrituonally its great
Ahh interesting, because my daughter went through a phase of dealing with eczema.

Speaking of formula, guess they go ham in China over that stuff. Read up on the 2008 scandal.. crazy

whoa that's crazy.

for the ones that might not be producing enough breast milk, my wife used to bake lactation brownies for her friends and they all said it seemed to help. not sure if it's scientifically proven. my wife got some recipe from online so who knows if it's legit :lol:

is eczema a newborn thing? Like do all babies have it?

both my kids have/had it, my 5 year old grew out of it but my 1 year old has his good days and not really bad days, but not good.....

I know my daughter got eczema because I have it.

Your 1-yr old sounds like what my daughter is currently going through.

Going thru this now...smh I hate having to use formula
Its wild tho a few nurses told me they used and their kids are super healthy.
One said her kid that breast fed had a crazy amount of problems while the formula kid has 0 and is bigger and stronger.

My wife really wanted to breast feed but but the peace of mind shes getting with the formula is well worth it.
They make it seem like breast feeding is the end all be all to being the best. But plenty have and are on formula and no problems.

Ima check out that gerble gentle. I cant afford 35 a week. But i can def do 20 a week. Im hoping medicade gives us a good choice.

One said her kid that breast fed had a crazy amount of problems while the formula kid has 0 and is bigger and stronger.

My wife really wanted to breast feed but but the peace of mind shes getting with the formula is well worth it.
They make it seem like breast feeding is the end all be all to being the best. But plenty have and are on formula and no problems.

Ima check out that gerble gentle. I cant afford 35 a week. But i can def do 20 a week. Im hoping medicade gives us a good choice.
Breast feeding isn't the end all, be all. This was how the nurse manipulated that idea to my wife. But as each day passed, she wasn't producing a lot of milk, our daughter was having a hard-time latching on (even with a nipple guard), and that just led to her stress and played a big role to her post-partum depression.

Try out Gerber and try and compare other brands as well. Similac was too thick for my daughter to take in...but I believe it was the bottles we had used at the time. When we transitioned to Dr. Brown bottles, she was no longer bloated and started gaining weight.

Side note,

My co-workers are starting to put in their leave requests for the holidays, while I'm hearing knowing that I could be on leave anytime from Thanksgiving to Christmas without any hesitation lol

Your pedatrician should have sample cans of every brand and their different products too, i always stock up there. The manufacturers will also send you sample cans, so you can do some trial and error.

I wanted the similac pro advance to work because i have a friend who is a labor and delivery nurse and she gave us enough rtf and powder to last as long as we needed. He just wasnt ****ting enough unfortunately. :lol:

So far my little one doesnt mind enfamil and whatever gerber one we got

Wic is suppose to give us free formula if we need it.

Our LC told us that the gerber has the closes protein enzyme to real breast milk. And is suppose to be really good for your baby if you have allergies in your family.

I feel fortunate that my kids have all been fine with breast feeding because a huge advantage is that mom always has that **** on her...don’t have to bother with warming up a bottle whether it’s in the middle of the night or on the go

She had a little trouble with our first but got help from the lactation nurses...though I think the worst part was her just stressing over it when in reality the baby was doing fine

Our third is 8 months old and I think we’re going to start weening him off breast milk soon...my wife said she wants to stop pumping

I was just there 3 months ago.
Do all you can with your wife. Keep her moving and happy

For sure. Doing the best I can to keep her motivated. I’ve never had a problem going to the gym etc but I’ve cut back on my time to get her to go for walks etc.

Been a crazy year. House. Married. New business. Baby. Life comes at ya quick but you’re never ready for anything. Couldn’t be more blessed.

.....maaaaan 35? I lost count fr...trying enfamil newborn, ready to eat bottles....smh if it proves better than gentle ease...I'll move to the powder. Maybe I'll try gerber.....only issue I have with her is gas and diaper explosions sheeeesh....other than that couldn't ask for an easier 1st month

We used Earth's best organic after 8 months of BF. It was so expensive. SMH and only target had it. My younger brother and sister were saying they had "baby fever" I took them to target for a weekly list of things I typically had to get... Formula (43), pampers (37), wipes (15) not mention new onesies, bibs, etc...

that baby fever got nipped in the butt asap and they are content with my son.

thats about where i am at.. I wait until target has the spend 100$ get $20 gift card specials on baby stuff and then i stock up. :lol:

I’m pretty much Target exclusive too at this point :lol:

Anybody in the DC area know of any photographers at a reasonable price ? My BM lookin up **** on Instagram at outrageous prices ...500 a session for a 1 year old is crazy

I’m pretty much Target exclusive too at this point :lol:

Anybody in the DC area know of any photographers at a reasonable price ? My BM lookin up **** on Instagram at outrageous prices ...500 a session for a 1 year old is crazy

That's the going rate. My maternity photos were 575 for a one hour session outdoors. Great shots and quick turnaround but sheesh. If you have a nice basement set that stuff us and do it yourself. lol. Get you a DSLR from costco or bjs and have at it. Luckily my husbands co-worker is doing the photography on the side and hooks us up now. We did my son's one year old photos...for the LOW. also dont go to picture people around the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom