Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Glad this thread is alive and filled with positivity.

Let me ask ya. Daughter is 1.5 yrs old. Very smart and very happy but throws these tantrums of a ****in spoiled brat.

Throws her self on the floor and if sitting throws herself back and even grabs ger moms hair. I feel its from the kids at her daycare.

Nevertheless, from those with expereince, how do you handle that?

Its been a mix of time out in her playpen, ignoring her, and sternly askibg her to cut it out.

Last edited:
My princess 5'6 (12). First day of middle school.

image1 (5).jpeg

image2 (3).jpeg

Glad this thread is alive and filled with positivity.

Let me ask ya. Daughter is 1.5 yrs old. Very smart and very happy but throws these tantrums of a ****in spoiled brat.

Throws her self on the floor and if sitting throws herself back and even grabs ger moms hair. I feel its from the kids at her daycare.

Nevertheless, from those with expereince, how do you handle that?

Its been a mix of time out in her playpen, ignoring her, and sternly askibg her to cut it out.

Reward her of good behavior. Ignore her when she do tantrums.

Don't yell it makes things worse, just be stern. Especially at that age.

However, if you're like my mother.."snatch you up by the arm and give them something to cry about." :lol:

Last edited:
5'6 and middle school... Keep that yappa on you.

I got 8 more weeks til my ddaughter comes. Trying to get in as much gym time and food as i can
My son came 6 (i think?) Days ago :lol:,and havent even had time to think about the gym or any real food, or even think about anything besides the baby. Its been a rollercoaster for me and im ready for things to get somewhat back to 'normal', good luck!

However, if you're like my mother.."snatch you up by the arm and give them something to cry about." :lol:
Thanks for the advice, my daughter is throwing tantrums and pushing our limits.

Not much you can do. Any sort of restrictions = them being more rebellious |l

Hoping my daughter and I have a good relationship when the time comes so she can be open w/ me about the things she's doing in life.

I'm not a dad yet, but I can't wait to become a pops. This thread is great motivation for me to find that special someone, settle down and start a family. I definitely want to be a family man. That's always been a great goal of mine. I'm just gonna be patient and wait for The Lord to bring that woman into my life. I'm for sure going to experience the joy and wonders of Fatherhood. Shout out to all the great dads on here who are doing their thing on the home front.

Last edited:
That's what 12 looks like now!? Oh lord... :smh:

My wife wants a girl so bad too. I don't want to have to drop kick some little boys man.

She's turning 13 this year. The women on my father's side are very tall.

I'm the shortest after my grandfather, who's 5'9. My grandmother is 6'0.

We have a 17 year old girl cousin who's 6'4. :lol:

Not much you can do. Any sort of restrictions = them being more rebellious |l

Hoping my daughter and I have a good relationship when the time comes so she can be open w/ me about the things she's doing in life.

Best thing I learned between the ages of 10-12, is to be honest with them. Don't make yourself seem you're so perfect. Remember your errors and confess them to your child. It allows them to establish trust. Letting them know it's okay to make mistakes, but you learn from them and make better decisions.

Also, learn to ask questions without being frustrated. Ask them in a different way. If they say, "I don't know", they're really saying, they don't know how to express what they're feeling. So ask questions that can help them answer it better.

Give them space. They're going through a lot of biological changes with their body and personality. Be supportive and open-minded to things.

Everything new my daughter wants to try, she comes and talk to me about it first. And wants to do them with me.

I've always told her, if you EVER find yourself in a situation that you're not comfortable with...Call me or text me. I'll pull up, stay in the car, and wait to talk about it- until the next day we will discuss it. Unless its something that's jeopardizing her physically well being or her mental health.

Last edited:
Maaaan we're due in a few weeks, already in position doubt she'll make due date....due to past complications and disappointments I kinda held back...last 3 months been "different " in a good way. Crazy nervous, anxious, scared excited all in 1...definitely ready at least as much as I think I am. Wifes a trooper fr....hope I don't have to pull up on some young knucklehead dude in the coming years....congrats to the dads old and new

One of the things that has really been on my mind is how there's not many black people where I stay. I took my son to the park over the weekend, and it was like all the Armenian folks were grouped up and then the other white folks were the same. We both stuck out for sure, and while my son doesn't have any concept of what's going on right now and just wants to have fun, I'd like for him to see more people that look like him, you know? I've thought about moving back home to Atlanta for that very reason.

My wife is part of this group called Mocha Moms where it's a group of mothers of color. They get together, have play dates and everything. It's dope to see. It would be kind of cool to have something like that for fathers of color. Not sure how tough that would be to get going...

Saw this post awhile back, do you agree or disagree:

Df7S6yQV4AAMA3i.jpg
i read something months ago that showed children who understood delayed gratification were more successful down the line so struggle, failure, and perseverance are all super important lessons imo but i definitely don’t want my son to go through the same struggles that i went through in terms of homelessness and drug addiction. because of my struggles, i feel super blessed and grateful but i’d like my son to learn through my examples and not follow in my exact footsteps. my wife is pretty good at turning problems into a learning experience for my son.

The thing is she is good most of the time and usually doesnt react to no’s negatively.

But there are times where she acts out and then looks at us like she knows she buggin and wants us to react. We usually ignore her and then she contiues doing her thing.

My mom is the same but i feel shes to young to understand why she may get a spanking.
My girl thinks otherwise and smacks her hand.

That's what 12 looks like now!? Oh lord... :smh:

My wife wants a girl so bad too. I don't want to have to drop kick some little boys man.

My girl wants a girl. I told her I want a boy it’s much easier to deal with when they are older. I told her we have her niece that can be the little girl we spoil and you can take to with you for nails and hair.

I'm not a dad yet, but I can't wait to become a pops. This thread is great motivation for me to find that special someone, settle down and start a family. I definitely want to be a family man. That's always been a great goal of mine. I'm just gonna be patient and wait for The Lord to bring that woman into my life. I'm for sure going to experience the joy and wonders of Fatherhood. Shout out to all the great dads on here who are doing their thing on the home front.

Well said.

This is one of my favorite threads on NT, but I do be feeling low key envious of all the NT Dads. :lol:

Saw this post awhile back, do you agree or disagree:

Df7S6yQV4AAMA3i.jpg

I can dig that.
Every now and again I'll tell myself or my wife how all the struggles of my youth and childhood really prepared me for the many shortcomings in my adulthood.

been giving the wifey cream pies for breakfast, lunch and dinner ... somethings gotta stick soon right?

i feel like we waited too long .. daughter is six already.

Man wifey is pushing me for our 2nd also. Our daughter just turned 2 and we’re trying to get married in October. All I see is $$$$. I’m excited but nervous too. ****s stressful.

Back
Top Bottom