Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Biggest drawback to having a kid....daycare costs :x

Be ready. :lol:
This.

Thank god my mother in law is retired and lives 5 minutes away from us and offered to watch him :pimp:

First I hated buying a house so close to her with her always coming over :lol: :smh: to loving it.

my kids never went to day care
taught them all the things they needed to know before kindergarten
worked out well they are in 1st and 2nd grade now and are both above where they need to be
pretty much had a grandma and aunt watch them while i was at work
day care is cool but i prefer that 1 on 1 interaction that kids need at that age

This.

Thank god my mother in law is retired and lives 5 minutes away from us and offered to watch him :pimp:

First I hated buying a house so close to her with her always coming over :lol: :smh: to loving it.
Number one reason why not to burn bridges with your parents/siblings...

For those who have kids in daycare, what are some things that you looked for when picking your childs daycare? I just moved to a new area and me and my girl are having the hardest time finding a daycare. I agree the one on one interaction is important but I want my son to have the social interactions with children his age.

My criteria for a daycare:

1. Safety

2. Learning enviroment

3. Does my child enjoy the daycare

What am I missing?

my kids never went to day care
taught them all the things they needed to know before kindergarten
worked out well they are in 1st and 2nd grade now and are both above where they need to be
pretty much had a grandma and aunt watch them while i was at work
day care is cool but i prefer that 1 on 1 interaction that kids need at that age

I work and her mom works...the one-on-one was out of the question.

specially its hard to trust other people with ur kids nowadays

You're 100% right. It's SO hard to trust other people. You hear all these horror stories about things going wrong in daycares and it's enough to make your blood boid.

We did our research...found an in-home provider (5 kids) that a few of my co-workers have used over the years. We couldn't be happier. She's great for my daughter.

you ain't lyin'
THIS IS WHY you never see me posting in the sneaker showcase anymore :lol:
:x :wow:
and thats before the taxes and catered lunch :smh:
my son woulda had to get up and get his own job :lol:

aye on another subject
last night while going to the bank i saw this lady outside with her baby in a stroller with a "please help money for kid" sign.
i completely ignored her and was kinda upset about her using her kid to get money.
she looked middle eastern. i also saw another family doing this during black friday.
that type of stuff makes me mad when people use their kids for sympathy. am i wrong about feeling this way???

Can't lie,I'm a better person because of my munchkin! My lifesaver and I can never repay her

This.

Number one reason why not to burn bridges with your parents/siblings...
No doubt. It's definitely hard to trust strangers at a daycare with your kid just like others have said.

And I was joking about hating living near my mother in law :lol: it wasn't one of my favorite things but definitely didn't hate it.

Tip of the cap to all of you other fathers.

Not sure if I am absolutely correct with the quote...

ANY DUDE CAN MAKE A KID, IT TAKES A MAN TO RAISE THEM.

srs question what made u decide to let him get dreads.
like i have thought about it and braids but i just dont want my son to be attached to they "stigma" of a black kid with braids and targeted
It just happened. We never planned for it or anything so it must be for a reason. We've dealt with alot of judgemental people especially since we live in a certain area but we will never cut it until he decides to do it when he's older.

^^^ Can't worry about what other people think....life is too short.
yeah i know. i just get so protective sometimes

srs question what made u decide to let him get dreads.
like i have thought about it and braids but i just dont want my son to be attached to they "stigma" of a black kid with braids and targeted
It just happened. We never planned for it or anything so it must be for a reason. We've dealt with alot of judgemental people especially since we live in a certain area but we will never cut it until he decides to do it when he's older.
thats whats up
i tried getting my son waves but at 7 he could care less about a wave cap :lol:

yeah i know. i just get so protective sometimes
thats whats up
i tried getting my son waves but at 7 he could care less about a wave cap :lol:
^^^ Can't worry about what other people think....life is too short.
Exactly.

I feel you on the protective part but you have to live your life the way you want it. As long as you're not literally hurting anyone else.

Funny thing is, about 2 thanksgivings ago, we had a convo with my wifes family. They're the conservative type and ask why we dont cut his hair. End of the night, wife tells me her mother wanted to go dread. Her mom passed away from cancer 1 month after our son was born. So that just just convinced me more that it was in the stars for him to have dreads. My son has a great personality and a kind heart. He can only break those negative stereotypes associated with the hair style.

Shout to all fellow dads of NT much respect

dropten dropten handsome young man you got congrats man trying to talk my lady into dreads for my son

Shout to all fellow dads of NT much respect

dropten dropten handsome young man you got congrats man trying to talk my lady into dreads for my son
Thanks appreciate it.
I must say, its hard to keep it clean. kids like rolling on any surface they can find :lol:
Im always plucking lint out his dreads

:x :wow:
and thats before the taxes and catered lunch :smh:
my son woulda had to get up and get his own job :lol:

aye on another subject
last night while going to the bank i saw this lady outside with her baby in a stroller with a "please help money for kid" sign.
i completely ignored her and was kinda upset about her using her kid to get money.
she looked middle eastern. i also saw another family doing this during black friday.
that type of stuff makes me mad when people use their kids for sympathy. am i wrong about feeling this way???

By Bayfair area? If so I seen her before too at the Bank of America. :smh:

Exactly.

I feel you on the protective part but you have to live your life the way you want it. As long as you're not literally hurting anyone else.

Funny thing is, about 2 thanksgivings ago, we had a convo with my wifes family. They're the conservative type and ask why we dont cut his hair. End of the night, wife tells me her mother wanted to go dread. Her mom passed away from cancer 1 month after our son was born. So that just just convinced me more that it was in the stars for him to have dreads. My son has a great personality and a kind heart. He can only break those negative stereotypes associated with the hair style.

...as a result of your good parenting I'm sure.

I really admire how you, through the raising of your son, address the unfair cards that are dealt in life [like unwarranted social stereotypes]. Some people acquiesce to these pressures (and I completely understand why), when instead they should be proud of where they came from and accepting of the challenge to reeducate the ignorant others of society.

To a better future without such superficial labeling and preconceived notions. :nthat:

Last edited:
respect.
pimp.gif

ready to start my own tribe. do any of you fellas have a tradition you have with your seed and you will pass down?
my daughter mom is from Sierra Leone so my daughter will be brought up in their culture.....that whole side of the family is mad cool and it's pretty neat my daughter will come up under that.....not really culture in black americans so I def embrace her being able to have that 

Back
Top Bottom