Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Feed them babies yo. I had fat/healthy babies and they slept 5hrs plus. Some even 8. Had them eating mash potatoes at 3 months

Yup started feeding my daughter Monday night 4 oz at night and she sleeps a lot better now. Went from waking up multiple times at night to maybe 1 or 2 times depending if she's pooped or not.

Man my lil boy thought he was evil kenivel this morning.

We were all asleep and he climbed up his crib and fell out.

All we heard was a thud, jumped out the bed wit the quickness and he was layed out on his back crying.

On the coo, i was a lil scared.

We rushed to the doc and they said he was good.

He only cried for a minute and half. 2 tops.

Got back home and there his lil *** goes again tryna climb stuff :lol:

Man my lil boy thought he was evil kenivel this morning.

We were all asleep and he climbed up his crib and fell out.

All we heard was a thud, jumped out the bed wit the quickness and he was layed out on his back crying.

On the coo, i was a lil scared.

We rushed to the doc and they said he was good.

He only cried for a minute and half. 2 tops.

Got back home and there his lil *** goes again tryna climb stuff :lol:

My youngest was like that. Had to rush her to the hospital after she climbed a book shelf and fell off after she first started walking. She had a cut but didn't need stitches. She was laughing after she fell. Kids think they're invincible.

planning our baby shower now 
happy.gif

i never knew how much hard work this was esp tryna plan it out of state
tired.gif
, me and my girl are both from the Bay so i hope this work and journey back for our shower goes well 

Mine did that up until he got a virus around 6-mo - now he's teething so it's all over the map.

Man this lil vato been cryin for 10 min and once he stopped i sat down on the couch

AND THIS KID STARTED SCREAMING LIKE MEEK ON A DRAKE DISS.

i stand up, he stops
sit down he starts yellin.

My son does this to me anytime we're on public transportation :lol:

That ain't too bad, my daughter would probably love that. I draw the line at WWF moves :lol:

Now, after my little boy is born though...the rules change. He comin' out my wife's womb straight into a Razor's Edge :lol:

:rofl:

I can't fathom a 10 year old right now - got our hands full with a 9 MO old. Congrats!
At least a 10 year old can do alot on their own and tell you what they want.  IMO, 1-2 is the worst age because they're old enough to move around and get themselves in enough trouble without knowing consequences, but still too young to communicate effectively so they often resort to whining and/or crying about dumb s#*t.  Oh, and those big messy diapers are the worst.

I can't fathom a 10 year old right now - got our hands full with a 9 MO old. Congrats!
At least a 10 year old can do alot on their own and tell you what they want.  IMO, 1-2 is the worst age because they're old enough to move around and get themselves in enough trouble without knowing consequences, but still too young to communicate effectively so they often resort to whining and/or crying about dumb s#*t.  Oh, and those big messy diapers are the worst.
agreed except I would add age 3 too. Age 4 has been smooth sailing as far as communication/safety 

agreed except I would add age 3 too. Age 4 has been smooth sailing as far as communication/safety 
My son turned a major corner at 3 in terms of communication and potty training, but I guess that was probably closer to 4 than when he first turned 3.  I just know we're really going through it right now with my 2 year old daughter... Pray that I make it though with a full head of hair!

guys... my daughter turned 3 in may

now she's using the potty to pee pretty well. she'll tell us when she needs to go and stuff so that's not a problem.

but she refuses to sit on the potty to drop a deuce.

she'll either say 'daddy let's change into pull-ups' or ends up pooping in her underwear....

help me dads!! how can i solve this problem??

My son turned a major corner at 3 in terms of communication and potty training, but I guess that was probably closer to 4 than when he first turned 3.  I just know we're really going through it right now with my 2 year old daughter... Pray that I make it though with a full head of hair!
laugh.gif
 yea those terrible 2's and early part of 3's had me 
frown.gif

now she's using the potty to pee pretty well. she'll tell us when she needs to go and stuff so that's not a problem.

she'll either say 'daddy let's change into pull-ups' or ends up pooping in her underwear....

mines did the same!! 

honestly it just took patience and explanation after each time she would mess up. I also offered incentives if she did use the potty to poop. That fell on deaf ears until one day it clicked w/ her consistently. 

imo being too hard or coming off upset makes them lose confidence even more. 

Incentives were the only thing that worked with my son.  I downloaded a bunch of free potty charts (google "potty chart" and you should get plenty of results) and he got to put a sticker (1 for pee, 2 for poop) every time he used the toilet, or remove a sticker for every accident until he got to the end of the chart.  Then we gave him a "special prize" that was some random toy, etc we bought at the dollar store.  It was usually enough to keep him busy for a while, but honestly it was more about finishing the chart so he could find out what the special surprise would be.  You might have to get creative depending on what your kid is into, but if they don't like toys it could be extra tv/iPad time or whatever keeps them motivated.

mines did the same!! 

honestly it just took patience and explanation after each time she would mess up. I also offered incentives if she did use the potty to poop. That fell on deaf ears until one day it clicked w/ her consistently. 

imo being too hard or coming off upset makes them lose confidence even more. 

Incentives were the only thing that worked with my son.  I downloaded a bunch of free potty charts (google "potty chart" and you should get plenty of results) and he got to put a sticker (1 for pee, 2 for poop) every time he used the toilet, or remove a sticker for every accident until he got to the end of the chart.  Then we gave him a "special prize" that was some random toy, etc we bought at the dollar store.  It was usually enough to keep him busy for a while, but honestly it was more about finishing the chart so he could find out what the special surprise would be.  You might have to get creative depending on what your kid is into, but if they don't like toys it could be extra tv/iPad time or whatever keeps them motivated.

thanks guys! this will be a great start!

i'm not coming down too hard on her (sometimes i think i can be more stern as my wife always says... LOL) but i'm just worried cuz she'll be starting pre-school in September and i dont' want her having any accidents there....

2's have been good so far with my son. No crazy breakdown or excessive whining/tantrums. We'll push it sometimes when staying out later than bed time or out to dinner when he's tired, and he'll act up a bit, but it isn't his fault. He does have an opinion now, so that's been pretty funny to deal with. I have a 3 year old nephew, and that dude be acting up. I make sure my son doesn't see him during his tantrums haha.

Back
Top Bottom