Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Received an Amazon gift card recently and didn't really need anything so I just copped a ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser. After testing it out for a few weeks with great results (had it on for 1 hour and could still easily smell the fragrance after 6+ hours), I went crazy and spend over $100 on random essential oils. I'm excited I finally got them today and plan on mixing and experimenting with them.

View media item 2084504
That got me thinking....I have a ton of cologne, I wonder if after diluting it a lot if I could use it in my diffuser since there is no heating involved?? After a quick google search I found out a few people on basenotes have been doing this with great results--though they do lose the healthy aromatherapy benefits. When I get some time, I'll test out Yambventus, Bal D' Afrique, TF Lavender Palm and a few more of my fragrances for fun and out of curiosity.

Received an Amazon gift card recently and didn't really need anything so I just copped a ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser. After testing it out for a few weeks with great results (had it on for 1 hour and could still easily smell the fragrance after 6+ hours), I went crazy and spend over $100 on random essential oils. I'm excited I finally got them today and plan on mixing and experimenting with them.

View media item 2084504
That got me thinking....I have a ton of cologne, I wonder if after diluting it a lot if I could use it in my diffuser since there is no heating involved?? After a quick google search I found out a few people on basenotes have been doing this with great results--though they do lose the healthy aromatherapy benefits. When I get some time, I'll test out Yambventus, Bal D' Afrique, TF Lavender Palm and a few more of my fragrances for fun and out of curiosity.

Tried out Yambventus tonight and it definitely worked well in my diffuser, though it wasn't nearly as strong as the essential oils I tried out (spearmint & cinnamon) which both were extremely strong. With about 8 drops of pure cinnamon oil diluted in approx. 75ml of distilled water, it had my entire upstairs smelling like cinnamon. To some it would of definitely been overwhelming. With the Yambventus, I sprayed about 7 times in 75ml of distilled water and I was a little underwhelmed. It didn't project nearly as much as my essential oils but I thought it projected the perfect amount. If you entered my room you would definitely smell the pineapple and birch and easily recognize what fragrance it is. If I ever want it to project more I could simply increase the amount of sprays. I'm happy with the results.

It's getting late so I can't test out Bal D' Afrique and TF Lavender Palm tonight but I would assume the same results would be achieved.

View media item 2085086

I'm gonna have to try that. That sounds awesome. All I can think about is tobacco vanille during the holidays :pimp: would be amazing

Last edited:
TV does sound amazing for the holiday season 
smokin.gif

thanks for the feedback @RTsmooth

Last edited:
Sounds like you invented the most expensive Glade plugin on earth my man. On the real though, sounds like a real waste of good juice if you are putting it in there. I'm sure theres oils and stuff that smell great that made for that, on the cheap.

Sounds like you invented the most expensive Glade plugin on earth my man. On the real though, sounds like a real waste of good juice if you are putting it in there. I'm sure theres oils and stuff that smell great that made for that, on the cheap.

True there's definitely alternatives out there for a lot cheaper that would get you a similar result. Though I'm not too concerned about wasting that juice. I've had my 4oz for about a year and it's still about 97% full. It will certainly last me a lifetime since I have so much other cologne.

After reading a few reviews, I believe you've just talked me into spending some more money on oil :lol:. Thank you, sir. I'm excited to compare them both with my bottles of cologne. I'm assuming the much cheaper oil will perform better if it is truly 100% oil. And if that's the case, I will definitely just keep my bottles for my skin.

Last edited:
If you have a full bottle or enough to spare ide say carpe diem. I only have about 5ml of TV (only wear it on special occasions during freezing weather). Its more than enough, but not if i began using it as air freshener.

the concentrations of the actual frags probably aren't high enough to actually be used properly in the air diffuser anyway and won't perform as they should....i kno nothing about any of this btw, i'm just assuming

*** XERJOFF SPLIT UPDATE ***

Good news and bad news. The good news - the Xerjoff order arrived, Naxos and Uden have been decanted and are ready to ship.
The bad news - no Nio to be seen, apparently it was shipped separately, and not only that it went to Tennessee and not Kentucky. My guess is that it will arrive  thurs/fri, but I'll be out of town, so the earliest I'd be able to split, package, and ship Nio will be Monday 6/27.

There were quite a few of y'all in on Nio, and the other splits, so I'll just ship the Naxos and Uden splits tomorrow. If you're in on Nio and don't want to wait any longer, just let me know, otherwise it will go out as soon as it arrives. 

I appreciate the patience, fellas! 

Did all the Naxos splits get shipped out already?

Waiting on that Uden split like....

tumblr_lvnzjhX3Y81qc4cp9o1_250.gif
should have it Tues.

definitely the worst couple weeks with this split logistically, vacation, and just being outright busy. I'm glad it's finally over! I owed someone 10ml Naxos, that's going out tomorrow. Also, those waiting on Uden, packages are going out tomorrow. For all waiting on Homebrew 01, supplies arrive Tuesday, so I should have them out tues/wed seperate from whatever else you grabbed. 

Again, I'm sorry for the delay fellas, thanks for your patience as always. Hold tight as I should have multiple bottles of Nio in two weeks, I won't post split until I have them in hand. 

I sent all Nio refunds, except for one person, Paypal was down at the time, please PM me if you haven't received your refund for the Nio split.

Last edited:
S/o to Dolce & Gabbana def one of my favorites smells great and you can get a 4.2 oz off eBay for like $30.[emoji]128293[/emoji]View media item 2088851
Speaking of, i saw a bottle on the low there. I use Ebay all the time but its the last place i go for smells. It woukd be great if there was a short list of legit sellers. I could always use a tester or 2. Sometimes the uneducated ruin it for others by dropping poor feedback like "oh its an unmarked box" or they said it was like new package but its a generic box, must be fake. We need a list from the experienced.

Back
Top Bottom