Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Wow, the fragrance game is real here nowadays. I remembered posting on (the another popular sneaker site's forum) about fragrances 5 years ago and I got mostly "uh..I just use one that my girl got me" or "lol, we startin' threads on toiletries now? you do you. :rolleyes" Good to see people doing splits and going well beyond what's at the Macy's counter! My rotation right now is very short, I don't buy too many bottles because I just stick with what I like wearing most of the time.

Frapin L'Humaniste (was typically my go to since it doesn't scream that I'm trying too hard)
Creed Aventus (the infamous "Z01" batch, if that even matters these days)
Burberry London
Prada Luna Rossa (my new go to lately for work)

Then a decant of Pure Malt, Dior Homme Cologne (the Francois Demachy composed 2013 version), and Acqua di Gio Essenza. Plus a .5 oz mini of Histoires de Parfums 1899 that I stopped wearing after a while.

Before my usual rotation that I used today, I've cycled through random bottles of stuff that I've owned and sold over the years. Probably going to add Spicebomb (for whatever reason, I can pull this off all season) and Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino.

Last edited:
stuff is wonderful but not when it's summer weather
laugh.gif
The dry down is really wonderful.

I just can't accept the initial opening smell of mcdonalds pancakes with syrup...don't matter what weather.

I don't wanna smell like food..PERIOD!

Virgin Island Water on today... hung out poolside... feeling great.

Been trying to rock my new bottle of VIW... Been like 3 weeks now and the day after I bought it there hasnt been a day past 75 :rofl:

This entire week the high is supposed to be low to mid 60's..

they got some Creed colognes for sale on RueLaLa (groupon-type site), no Aventus though.

Was out in Dallas with some peers for a seminar and was wrapping with some dude and could not help but comment on his cologne... Needless to say it was Aventus... Stuff outshined everything else in the vicinity.

Broke another glass decant, Herod this time. Came home wondering why my kitchen smelled so marvelous, looked down and saw it had fallen off the breakfast bar onto the counter and shattered. :x

I understand this is NT so aventus is the go to which I can't disagree. Any other first date colognes you guys would recommend. Id say if you do it right no way she's not thinking bout it after

I understand this is NT so aventus is the go to which I can't disagree. Any other first date colognes you guys would recommend. Id say if you do it right no way she's not thinking bout it after
From MY experience and feedback with women.

These are MY Weapons of Mass Attraction for dem yambz and the year I remember with them
roll.gif

Versace Pour Homme (2011)

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla and Azure Lime mixed (2015)

TM Pure Malt (2015)

Zurh Pure Ikon (2013)

Sean Jean I AM King (2009)

Sean John Unforgivable (2007)

I have Adventus which I would rank a strong #3 behind my TF combo,

but Versace Pour Homme is still my #1 heavy hitter I fell in love with it in summer

of 2011 Budapest, Hungary after it just kept pulling women to me of all ages there.

My homeboy was like this some ******** fa real man you really wearing a love potion WTF????
roll.gif

My experience with it proves this advertisement over and over.

Last edited:

First of all, what cha got?

YSL L'Homme, albeit popular with good reason, can't go wrong. Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb (it's usually a good sign when it's practically unisex despite it being marketed otherwise), Nautica Voyage is a safe cheapie ($20 for a big bottle?). I personally wear Prada Luna Rossa and it's been one of my favorite recent releases since Infusion d'Homme. Very nice smelling and doesn't scream that you're trying too hard, borderline generic though, in a good way. I'd echo what the dude above me mentioned about Versace Pour Homme. Alberto Morillas made that one and he's the same guy who made Acqua di Gio. Similar templates, but slightly different directions with the Versace PH being a bit more smooth and sweeter (to me at least).

For what I have or thinking first date of course aventus, millesime imperial, I personally like hanae mori, have some chez bond or Hamptons. Have ysl lhomme, la nuit, and intense. I also like Carolina Herrera. Also 2 sleepers of rochas man which I only tried once and rose noire men absolu. Everything else is winter stuff which I'm sick of.

For what I have or thinking first date of course aventus, millesime imperial, I personally like hanae mori, have some chez bond or Hamptons. Have ysl lhomme, la nuit, and intense. I also like Carolina Herrera. Also 2 sleepers of rochas man which I only tried once and rose noire men absolu. Everything else is winter stuff which I'm sick of.

Hanae Mori's citrus top note helps without beating you over the head with the chocolate floral base off the cuff. You can get away with that in a cooler spring evening, assuming it's HM, not the other offering, HiM. I distinctly remembered that it came in 2 strengths, a parfum and the normal EDT. When I used to own Rochas Man, it was more of a cocoa cotton candy vibe rather than coffee/mocha, so I had to run with the New Haarlem for the bitter coffee note. Believe it or not, I've heard Michael Jordan's "Legend" is a cheapie take of the same template. Only experience I had with Carolina Herrera stuff is Chic (meh) and 212 (it was okay, wore it for a few months, very metallic). For the L'Homme lineup, the OG and La Nuit are home run hitters in my book, can't say the same for the rest of the flankers. At the end of the day, man. For a first date, wear what you feel the most comfortable in. I remembered rolling with L'Humaniste during my first few dates back when I was dating someone.

Pulled the trigger on 50ml of Neroli Portofino off of fragrancenet.

I'd grab a bottle myself since that's next on my hit list, but man, those De La lows and Hare 7s are on deck this weekend. It'll have to wait. |I

*** SPLITS Xerjoff 1861 Naxos // 1861 Zefiro ***

Coming with the newest summer hitters from the Italian House of Xerjoff (my favorite fragrance house by far)

As always, PM me with all questions or concerns. BOttles will be in hand tomorrow (Friday)

5ml $13

10ml $25

Naxos

celebrates Sicily and its beauty, and accentuates its Mediterranean character with the composition. Citruses in top notes pose contrast to precious spices suggesting wealth of a unified country, its conquests and dominance. Composition of Naxos opens with classic, airy and fruity citrus notes of bergamot and lemon surrounded with gentle and calming lavender shades. The heart blends sambac jasmine with cinnamon, cashmeran and honey, whose romantic trail is enriched with masculine accords of tobacco and tonka from the base. Vanilla creates a soft and sensual veil by touching flowers, fruit and tobacco leaves.

Zefiro

The composition incorporates notes of resins with a hint of sweet and thick honey, balanced amber and spices added as strength of the formula. Bergamot, artemisia, mosto and elemi open the composition, followed by fine spices of cinnamon and cardamom sprinkled on iris petals. The base highlights incense surrounded by amber, precious woody notes and sweet, thick honey.

Back
Top Bottom