Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Gonna head out in a few . Will keep my eyes peeled for the aforementioned fragrances and update yall when i get home.

ive had this for years, an old roommate left it when he moved out. I think I'm gonna put if up for sale on ebay, IMO it smells horrible.

Pour Homme? That's stuff amazing
It's straight up horrible. Doesn't last long and it's way too sweet.

Literally everyone at work (nursing intern at a hospital) compliments me on that Diesel Only The Brave.

One of the nurses even bought it for her boyfriend after smelling me 
laugh.gif

How is the Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit? Anyone have reviews on that one?

Pour Homme? That's stuff amazing
Literally everyone at work (nursing intern at a hospital) compliments me on that Diesel Only The Brave.
laugh.gif

You got the wrong Gucci, brosef.. there is nothing sweet about that Gucci pictured.

laugh.gif

Pour Homme is amazing

And all the Diesels in the past 5 years are pretty solid

Only the Brave Capt America edition is my fav

^^^

Is the Capt. America edition actually a different fragrance or just a different bottle?

Last edited:
^^^

Is the Capt. America edition actually a different fragrance or just a different bottle?

actually I think it's the same scent; that is the only one I ever had

I never realized it was the same one so I guess I really like "Only the Brave" :lol:

Got my Aventus from Fragrancenet and idk its not extremely smokey, but im not smelling hardly ANY pineapple. Should i send it back or give it some more time to grow on me?

By the way the Summer 2012 Issey is amazing. Took like 3 different wears out to really enjoy iy. Now its my go to scent!

^^^

2 things.....no shots.....

Here's what I don't get. People are going out of their way to get Aventus for as little as possible (which I also did, but for a 1oz).....then they question what they purchase.

Insert cliche' here....you get what you pay for. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Not saying anything is wrong with your bottle. But it just seems like anyone who gets a bottle of Creed for cheap instinctively questions what they get upon arrival.

At that point, I'd spend the extra $50 or whatever from Saks just for peace of mind.

As for the Issey, I asked that question about Only The Brave because when I first got Issey Summer 2012, I thought to myself, "this smells a lot like the OG Issey". So I gave my OG bottle to my bro.

The only place it says "summer" anywhere on the bottle though is on the sticker at the bottom. The bottle itself just says "issey Pour Homme" etc. like the OG bottle does.

So I started to wonder....is this really a different fragrance? Or just different packaging. I think it's a bit different. Though somewhat similar. But I don't have the OG anymore to compare and don't really care enough to track it down elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Got my Aventus from Fragrancenet and idk its not extremely smokey, but im not smelling hardly ANY pineapple. Should i send it back or give it some more time to grow on me?

By the way the Summer 2012 Issey is amazing. Took like 3 different wears out to really enjoy iy. Now its my go to scent!

you are thinking way too much

Aventus is not your $40 Macy's type cologne

it's complex so when you spray it; the initial spray is going to be somewhat smokey/apple/pineapple but after about 30 minutes it dries down and you get the more pineapple incredible part that everyone loves about it

This is exactly why I pay full price and get mine from Neiman's

You're not gonna be the best judge of Aventus, especially if this is your first wear. I had a sample first to compare it to. But wear it out for a bit, see what others say. My favorite time to smell it is like the morning after a good night.

Some people say they can't smell any pineapple either, everyone's noses are different
I love the way it smells, but quite frankly if I didn't know it had pineapple in it, I would have never ever guessed it

Last edited:
My Aventus came in from Overstock. $137 for a 2.5 oz. If anybody cares, my batch was the F01. But the general consensus is that batch # doesn't really matter after the dry down. As far as I can tell, it is legit. Comes with everything that Creed's normally come with.

Haven't even worn it. Just sprayed it once to take a sniff. Bro, my body aint ready for this 
eek.gif
 I was skeptical about the pineapple and that it might be too sweet and feminine. But I feel like the smokey part makes it more of a manly fruity. Can't wait to break it out tomorrow for work. 

How many sprays do you guys use for this. This is my first EDP so I don't know what to expect as far as projection and strength goes. I want people to be able to smell it from a few feet and what not. But I don't want my manager to smell it from his office 
laugh.gif
. I was thinking like one to the bare chest and one to the neck and that should be fine right?

I spray it 2-3 times for work

If I'm going out ill do like 4-5 semi full sprays just over a bigger area

Aventus is bout as modern-manly as you're going to get. I honestly don't like Aventus, I have a J01 2012 batch decant and it lasts 8 or so hours,mbut I just don't see the hype on the pineapple... I wouldn't mind having a smoke heavy full bottle from years ago..

I also have a bottle of Fresco, the Aventus clone and that works just fine for 3 hours of the pineapple opening.

Aventus is bout as modern-manly as you're going to get. I honestly don't like Aventus, I have a J01 2012 batch decant and it lasts 8 or so hours,mbut I just don't see the hype on the pineapple... I wouldn't mind having a smoke heavy full bottle from years ago..

I also have a bottle of Fresco, the Aventus clone and that works just fine for 3 hours of the pineapple opening.

Jaguar Vision 2 is also like the straight pineapple part of Aventus with no smoke

I agree with you man. I do enjoy the pineapple, especially since it's warm out. But my favorite part is by far the smokiness

Last edited:
so like i've mentioned before that I could throw together some samples for anyone who was interested. Finally got around to it, have some great summer scents, PM me if interested

fromt left to right: clinique happy, demeter orange cream pop, yves saint laurent l'homme, versace man eau fraiche, nautica voyage, ed hardy love & luck
View media item 454533

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom