[:: Official NJ Nets @ LA Lakers 6:30pm PT ::]

[h2]Nets-Lakers Preview[/h2]
[table][tr][td]AccuScore Projections[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NJ[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]87.4[/td] [td]94.8[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]105.6[/td] [td]100.8[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Series tied 0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 25, 2007[/td] [td]NJ @ LAL[/td] [td]9:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb 5, 2008[/td] [td]LAL @ NJ[/td] [td]7:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NEW JERSEY[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Nenad Krstic FC - Nov 24: Day-to-Day
· Vince Carter GF - Nov 21: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Ronny Turiaf F - Nov 21: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

· View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NEW JERSEY (ET)[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 23 @SEA Win 98-93
Nov 21 @POR Win 106-101
Nov 19 @UTA Loss 102-75
Nov 17 MIA Loss 91-87
Nov 16 ORL Loss 95-70
[/td] [td]Nov 23 @BOS Loss 107-94
Nov 21 @MIL Loss 110-103
Nov 20 @IND Win 134-114
Nov 18 CHI Win 106-78
Nov 16 DET Win 103-91
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: New Jersey | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]NEW JERSEY (PPG)[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG��������[/td] [td]J. Kidd 11.2[/td] [td] . Fisher 11.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG��������[/td] [td]V. Carter 16.3[/td] [td]K. Bryant 27.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF��������[/td] [td]R. Jefferson 24.9[/td] [td]L. Odom 12.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF��������[/td] [td]J. Collins 0.5[/td] [td]R. Turiaf 7.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C��������[/td] [td]N. Krstic 4.9[/td] [td]K. Brown 4.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters: New Jersey | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]�[/td] [td]NEW JERSEY[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]R. Jefferson 24.9[/td] [td]K. Bryant 27.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]J. Kidd 8.5[/td] [td]A. Bynum 9.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]J. Kidd 10.2[/td] [td]K. Bryant 4.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]J. Kidd 1.8[/td] [td]K. Bryant 1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]S. Williams 2.1[/td] [td]A. Bynum 1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: New Jersey | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]@LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]-7[/td] [td]-8[/td] [td]NEW JERSEY[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]New Jersey[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]6-7-0 (.462)[/td] [td]7-5-0 (.583)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]5-4-0 (.556)[/td] [td]4-1-0 (.800)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]1-3-0 (.250)[/td] [td]3-4-0 (.429)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]3-5-0 (.375)[/td] [td]4-2-0 (.667)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On Road:[/td] [td]3-2-0 (.600)[/td] [td]3-3-0 (.500)[/td] [/tr][/table]

STATS LLC

Vince Carter is proving just how valuable he is to not only the New Jersey Nets' success, but Richard Jefferson's as well.
With Carter back in the lineup, the Nets look to win their third straight on Sunday when they wrap up their four-game road trip with a matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers.After losing all five games Carter missed because of a sprained right ankle, New Jersey (6-7) has won two straight with its eight-time All-Star back on the court.Carter had 15 points in 35 minutes off the bench in Friday's 98-93 win over Seattle after scoring 13 in Wednesday's 106-101 victory at Portland.Jefferson has benefited the most with Carter in the lineup, as he had his second straight 30-point game on Friday. Jefferson, averaging a career-high 24.9 points, scored 21.6 on 40.0 percent shooting in the games Carter missed compared to 27.0 while making 49.6 percent of his shots in the eight games with him."With all of us out there, it just makes us hard to guard and everybody benefits," Carter said.Even with Carter back, Jefferson is still looking for a better team effort from the Nets. In Friday's win, New Jersey had a 13-point third-quarter lead cut to one in the final minute of the game before Jefferson had a layup and two free throws to seal the victory."I'm always going to look on the brighter side, I'm always optimistic, but if we want more, we've got to expect better from ourselves," said Jefferson, who has already made 116 free throws this season. "We can do a lot better, and as happy as I am to have a win and to get back-to-back wins and it looks like we're starting to play better, you can't just be happy with wins."The Nets improved to 2-1 on their annual Thanksgiving road trip, and a victory in this game would give them their first winning record on the trip since 1998-99, when they won three of five. New Jersey, however, has not won three straight road games since taking six in a row March 12-April 9, 2006.Los Angeles (7-5) is coming off a 107-94 loss at Boston on Friday, its second straight defeat following a four-game winning streak.Kobe Bryant scored 28 points and is averaging 29.0 on 43.6 percent shooting in his last three games after averaging 18.5 on 35.3 percent shooting in his previous two.In two games against the Nets last season, Bryant averaged 20.0 points on just 12-of-37 shooting (32.4 percent), but did post 10.5 assists -- his most against any opponent. Bryant has been held to 21 points or less in five of his last seven games against New Jersey.The Lakers, who finished with one victory on their three-game trip against Eastern Conference opponents, return to Staples Center, where they have won three straight by an average of 18.0 points. Los Angeles has won four of six at home this season.In two games against Los Angeles last season, Carter averaged 27.0 points and 8.0 rebounds, while Jefferson averaged 16.0 points.The Lakers swept two games from the Nets last season after New Jersey won both meetings in 2005-06.

We need to bounce back after losing 2 in a row. We should be able to do it tonight with Vince 'Charmin' Carter a little banged up for the nets.
laugh.gif

Let's Go Lakeeeeeeeeers!
pimp.gif

That Buck game still stings because I expected to lose to Boston, but adding that one on top of it adds to the string and that's not good. We need thisone in a bad way. Hopefully Kidd isn't too motivated against us. Get this one guys.
pimp.gif

Kidd is gonna have a BIG game to show Lakers what they missed out on and Vince and Kobe matched up is always entertaining, cept it would be better if Vince was100%.

With that being said, NETS ALL THE WAY BABY!

LAKERS win easily at staples!!!!
wink.gif

Lakers 112
Nets 93

Kobe 41-9-9
Odom 23-11-6

Kidd 15-6-8
Carter 21-3-2

Go LAKERS!

Even coming off an injury, Carter has been playing well last 2 games. If he gets the start, he will put up better numbers.

My fav matchup in the NBA.... Carter & Kobe.

Lets get a 3 game streak going.... Go Nets.

Carter & Kobe are always entertaining especially the past couple of times they played against each other. Vince has a tendency to play a bit harder againsthim so hopefully he gets the start tonight.

Kidd will play well at the staples center. The garden, Oracle center, and staples are probably the top three places he likes to play in the most so he will puton a show.

Should be a good game and the lakers are trying to halt the streak so they should be ready to play.

Plus, nets fans will be able to see farmar and brown play tonight since many feel they will be future nets lol.

I think it will be close with hopefully a nets win.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

LAKERS win easily at staples!!!!
wink.gif

Lakers 112
Nets 93

Kobe 41-9-9
Odom 23-11-6

Kidd 15-6-8
Carter 21-3-2

Go LAKERS!
Jason Kidd should have a double double tonight. But i can defintly see Kobe going off tonight...none the less LETS GO NETS!

Should be a good one. Nets have been playing better as of lat after thier horrible stretch.

Hopefully, Andrew is motivated to play tonight. I love the fire and emotion i've seen in the kid the past few games
pimp.gif

I'll add fuel to the fire again for laker fans from that Kidd post a few days ago:

Fantasy backcourt: Kidd, Kobe combo

Sunday, November 25, 2007

By AL IANNAZZONE
STAFF WRITER

Jason Kidd didn't just have fun playing with Kobe Bryant on Team USA over the summer. The Nets' point guard had fun at Bryant's expense.

AFTER GAMES, KIDD WOULD JOKE THAT HE HAD MORE REBOUNDS THAN ANDREW BYNUM, THE YOUNG BIG MAN THE LAKERS REFUSED TO PART WITH IN A DEAL THAT WOULD HAVE MADE KIDDAND KOBE TEAMMATES LAST FEBRUARY.

At the time, both superstars wanted the trade to happen. While they were in Las Vegas helping the U.S. win the gold medal in the FIBA Americas Tournament itcame up more than once.

"A lot of what if," Kidd said of their conversations, "a lot of what if between me and Kobe."

Had that trade happened, the Nets would be facing Kidd for the first time tonight when they visit Los Angeles to close out their four-game trip. The Nets (6-7)are 2-1 thus far, marking the first time they will come home with at least a .500 record on the annual Thanksgiving week trip since 1997.

THE LAKERS' FAILURE TO INCLUDE BYNUM FOR KIDD LED TO BRYANT BECOMING DISGRUNTLED AND ALMOST TO HIS EXIT FROM LOS ANGELES. HE REQUESTED A TRADE AND WASFILMED BY A FAN IN A CALIFORNA PARKING LOT CRITICIZING BYNUM AND GENERAL MANAGER MITCH KUPCHAK FOR NOT MAKING THE DEAL. KIDD WAS AT THE CENTER OF THE L.A.STORM

"If I am a reason, that's a great compliment," Kidd said. "I take that as a compliment because I feel at my age I still compete at a highlevel and playing with him this summer made me understand what it could have been like if I was in L.A. or vice versa, how nice it would have been."

Things seem to have settled -- for now. The Lakers are 7-5, Bynum is averaging 10.9 points and 9.9 rebounds and Bryant appears content. It could change in asecond, though.

Earlier this week, the Nets seemed they had a disenchanted superstar seeking relocation or asking for reinforcements.

Before the Nets played at Utah, and lost their sixth straight game, Kidd said, "Right now, there is no light at the end of the tunnel." He also said,the Nets' "jaw has softened." The next day Kidd said he did not ask for a trade.

Vince Carter missing five games with a sprained ankle while Kidd has been playing with two bruised thighs was at the root of his frustration. Also, afterplaying with Bryant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard over the summer, Kidd sees a big drop off when he looks around at his Nets' teammates.

Yet things also seem to have settled for the Nets. They have won both games since Carter returned, including a 98-93 decision at Seattle on Friday. But a partof Kidd probably wishes he was playing with Bryant, on either coast.

THE NETS HAVE NOTHING THAT INTERESTS THE LAKERS BESIDES KIDD. BUT THE NETS WANT TO KEEP HIM AND SEE WHAT THE TEAM DOES AT FULL STRENGTH, WHICH THEY WON'TBE UNTIL NENAD KRSTIC REGAINS HIS FORM FROM LEFT ACL SURGERY.

The Nets won't play Krstic as much - he sat the Seattle game - and see if hard individual workouts improve his conditioning.

Still, a Nets' trip that started miserably could end 3-1 tonight when Kidd renews acquaintances with Bryant and perhaps discusses what was, what might havebeen and what someday could be.

"I had a blast playing with him," Kidd said. "I debated with a friend that I thought he could be one of the greatest that I ever played with andI've ever seen play the game. Michael [Jordan] was probably by far the best ever to play. Kobe is right there and LeBron is quickly right behind him."

Back
Top Bottom