OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the shorts, but not the jersey
frown.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

It mustve been. I personally can't do adidas with anything Nike on me.

Ha.  I was like that a couple years ago, but I have no choice with today's Laker jerseys.  I cover or unstitch the adidas logo though.....

Obviously minus the stripes, I meant imaginatively. I don't brand mismatch either. I hate that Adidas apparels the NBA the Reebok years were just awful. It makes it hard to rep your favorite player or team because of the different brands.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

FB are those 60 year patches add on? where did you get those?

Yeah, they are add-on, or iron-on if you wanna be technical.
laugh.gif

I got them that same year of the 60th Anniversary, in 2008.  They sold them at Staples Center.  You might find some on ebay.

Maybe that's why no one is rocking jersey these days I remember people where rocking a lot of Nike jersey back in 03? But to me a jersey is a jersey. But I haven't bought one since 8th grade and that was a Philadelphia Nats Iverson jersey. I can rock a Kobe Jersey if I had some Adidas Kobes but other than that Im rocking a Kobe Nike shirt and Kobe kicks to the wolves games this year.

I wear my crazy 8s or adi Kobe 1s with the recent jerseys.

But that's usually around playoffs.

Can't wait to see the away aces in the 6s

if kobe can wear a adidas jersey with his nike's whats wrong with cross logo on the situation.. i rock my isiah thomas with my jordan 6 pistons all day..

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

if kobe can wear a adidas jersey with his nike's whats wrong with cross logo on the situation.. i rock my isiah thomas with my jordan 6 pistons all day..
like kobe gives a damn about what company makes his jersey?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

cool...nice job buddy

Thanks.  
So yeah, probably gonna skip out on a few Jordan Holiday releases, I'm really feeling these 6's, and I'm not gonna miss out on some of those limited releases that come right after.  

Brief design observations about the VI:

Spoiler [+]
2rmut6d.png
1. The heel cup looks like a fusion of the IV & V with less material. Soft material backs it, as on the IV. Now, I'm certain Nike has spent thousands of hours testing and retesting this shoe, but I can't shake the nagging feeling that the plastic beams could eventually snap. Once again, it just looks that way, maybe if I actually held the shoe in my hands it would feel more structurally sound.

2. Less midsole material around the heel as compared to the V, accomodating the new heel cup structure and shaving off the weight of the shoe. The black material around the "NIKE ZOOM" looks softer than the midsole; aids decoupled heel mechanism?

3. Biggest change looks to be the upper, where there are no more layers of material along the toe, forefoot and eyestay. Only the (new?) flywire skin and scales will support the foot, reducing weight.

4. Grey midsole appears to be just one piece. Wraps up to a point along the forefoot, stabilizing it. No extra midsole material wrapping around the forefoot as seen in previous models, thereby reducing weight. A much larger lateral outrigger on the forefoot outsole for greater stability.

In conclusion: I want to see these in person. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom