OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Ok so the elites on April 20 will be plus enabled so if regular elites aren't that'll make regular $160 if there is any.

Last edited:

White ones need to release ASAP. Was going to be done with the v after dmvs, Easters, asg, pearls but I'll cop those.

Last edited:
Welp, my support of KD stops here. I always respected and supported him because of how humble he seemed, and I appreciated him requesting the price of his kicks stay affordable. That price hike from a mid to a low is ridiculous. Price should be close to the price of the mids... Maybe a little more if anything. But that's absurd.

I really liked the KD elites, was looking forward to a pair. Maybe if they hit outlets for 100ish or less.

You can't blame KD for the prices. He has no pull or say on what the retail price will be. The blame is all on Nike. KD gets paid to wear the sneakers. That's it.

Did not expect those Black/Blue TBs to dry up so quick.  Hope they hit outlets or I'll have to scoop them up on disco before they're completely done.

Saw the Easter KDs today. They're nice but the Easter Kobe's are just on another level. Probably cop my lady the KDs if the Kobe's don't come in GS sizes.

You can't blame KD for the prices. He has no pull or say on what the retail price will be. The blame is all on Nike. KD gets paid to wear the sneakers. That's it.
Not true. KD definitely had a part in the KD I through KD IV being under $100- I can remember interviews where he said he wanted his sneakers to be affordable to kids. Looks like that's no longer the case. I saw on the other site that the KD VI will supposedly be $130, which basically elevates them to Kobe level pricing.

Nick DePaula: The price point of KD’s shoes is something that always sets him apart from other signature athletes. Is he contractually locked into that $88 zone and staying below $90 for the foreseeable future?
Charles Terrell: There’s nothing on paper, but that was something that we’ve always been eye to eye on that’s important to him and that we said we were going to do. As he elevates, it’s going to be harder to do, and I think that’s the challenge. But that’s a welcome challenge, and I don’t think it’ll be something we shy away from. We’ll have conversations with him too, when we think the time is right to re-assess the business.

http://blog.eastbay.com/interviews/leo-chang-nike-basketball-detail-the-kd-iii-part-2-2/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom