OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

My last pick up of 2012 were these KD V Xmas! Tried them on court for like 30 minutes and the best part was the zoom air in the forefoot! Very springy. A lot more responsive than the KD IV's (such a pain in the *** to break-in). Only gripe about the shoe was breaking in the upper. Lateral movements felt kinda stiff. The heel was stiff for sure. Not diggin' the air bubble. Maybe if I was a little heavier, I would appreciate it more. Wish it was just phylon. But other than that, the shoe felt solid and the ride/transition felt awesome (stiff heel still). 

Still need to cop the DMVs.. totally missed out on those. 

Didn't pick up the Brons, but they were nice too. Just didn't wanna spend that much on it... 

Copped the energies around noon at my local spot. First KD V pickup that I really liked, will pick up aways when they restock on FNL. Pics coming soon.. :smokin

Copped the "Energy" pair this morning, and now I'm 3 for 3. :pimp:
11j7mut.jpg

Bonus
4sd8oj.jpg

Correction.....

3 for 4..... :lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, NT!!!

Last edited:
Hm I hadn't noticed that til you pointed it out, that does appear to be the case. Good eye
nthat.gif
Yup. Just compared mine to all the posted pics, and mine along with every swoosh was different from each other. IMO adds a little extra to the shoe, and I kinda like it more now knowing that each pair isn't exactly identical like elephant print. Well from what I seen anyway

Last edited:
1. DMV
2. Christmas
3. Away
4. Energy
I concur.

In no rush to cop the Energies, though.  Figure it'd only be right for me to cave and grab the Aways first.  At this rate, I may grab the home pair before the Energies.  Guess I just need to get over to the mall and see them in person.  Really want to practice restraint though after some spur of the moment eBay cops.
laugh.gif

Why do the Lebrons and Kobes come in specially designed boxes while KD's are in a plain nike box?  Always wondered about this....

I concur.

In no rush to cop the Energies, though.  Figure it'd only be right for me to cave and grab the Aways first.  At this rate, I may grab the home pair before the Energies.  Guess I just need to get over to the mall and see them in person.  Really want to practice restraint though after some spur of the moment eBay cops. :lol:

If I change my mind, I will stock locate them later on down the line at work and get my discount on them.

For now, I'd rather spend what I'd spend on them on ANOTHER iD. :smile:

Why do the Lebrons and Kobes come in specially designed boxes while KD's are in a plain nike box?  Always wondered about this....
I assume the original point was, because he was trying to keeps cost low and under 100$, it meant no special box.

1. DMVs
2. XMas
3. Energies
4. Aways

Don't care what nobody else says, who agrees or who disagree.....bout as solid a first four colorway release as I've ever seen. Kudos to Chen & KD.

1. Energy/Splatter
2. Christmas
3. Away = DMV

Now once all the cws we've seen pics of drop then the list will change

1. DMVs
2. XMas
3. Energies
4. Aways
Don't care what nobody else says, who agrees or who disagree.....bout as solid a first four colorway release as I've ever seen. Kudos to Chen & KD.
This right here , word for word, is the truest **** I read in 2013 so far. End of discussion.

Energies are far and away my favorites.  All pairs are pretty nice so far though.  I'm not a fan of a lot of the TB and Birch colorways coming out though.

Back
Top Bottom