OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

As of now sneakernews sayin those are the hulks and are dropping 3/9. Doesn't matter to me . Might cop if they sit but not gonna worry if I don't get em .

I'm not going to lie I have a lot of the 5's. I just think there was more detail on the 4's. I feel like they are rushing to put shoes out and throwing a hype name hoping they sell.

If I remember correctly, Kevin Durant himself called them the "Hulks." There was an interview where they asked him what his favorite color of the KD 5 was and he said the hulks.

Ya bu
If I remember correctly, Kevin Durant himself called them the "Hulks." There was an interview where they asked him what his favorite color of the KD 5 was and he said the hulks.

True but there still speculation that hulks will be part of the lows

Absolutely love the cp3.6 their the only low cut shoe I have ever worn for bball. Nightwing's performance review is dead on though they don't breath at all even if I just wear them while lifting. Breath ability doesn't matter to me but some people might care.

The cp3s are decent but if lockdown is a must for you, look elsewhere. The heel lockdown on them is pretty awful. They had a lot of other things going for them like beast traction and comfort but they just never felt secure on my feet. Maybe if you got a fat heel or cankles they might work for you.

The kds on the other hand have become my favorites in terms of overall performance. The step in comfort is not as good as the Kobe's but I feel like overall they are just a very solid shoe. Lightweight, amazing fit and lockdown throughout, decent traction, responsive cushion. You can't go wrong with them to be honest.

I'm not going to lie I have a lot of the 5's. I just think there was more detail on the 4's. I feel like they are rushing to put shoes out and throwing a hype name hoping they sell.
hmm I disagree . The energies . Bhm .Xmas . All-star were on point with detail . Haven't got into scoring titles or year of the snake if kd gets a pair of those . And if he wins scoring title. Kd iv was dope but u can't knock the 5 that quick .

What is going on with this thread ? The low top were announced last year as kdtrey5 . A low cut shoe with out the strap . Than there was talks about kd vi . this thread is going backwards! Lol

I think Levi 511 Skinny's are perfect. This was me 2 days ago. But I live in Chicago so I have to wait to bust out shorts and Elite socks.
Haha I feel you man. I used to live in Chicago. Down in Dallas now and it's hot as hell here. But I actually agree with you, they look good with Skinnys. I was trying them on my bigger jeans and it wasn't a good look. Opposite goes for the Bron X's though.

hmm I disagree . The energies . Bhm .Xmas . All-star were on point with detail . Haven't got into scoring titles or year of the snake if kd gets a pair of those . And if he wins scoring title. Kd iv was dope but u can't knock the 5 that quick .
You mean *when he wins the scoring title

What is going on with this thread ? The low top were announced last year as kdtrey5 . A low cut shoe with out the strap . Than there was talks about kd vi . this thread is going backwards! Lol
But I'm not talking about the kdtrey5. Unless those end up being the elite lows.. which is possible, but I kind of doubt it. They definitely didnt look like "elites" in the first pics we saw.

Sneakernews pulls their info from forums...they have no idea if those are actually the hulks any more than we do. Until Nike comes out and says that those are indeed the hulk cw ppl need to ****
. And where do the ppl from the forums get there info from than . ? Who's the source than lol ?

Absolutely love the cp3.6 their the only low cut shoe I have ever worn for bball. Nightwing's performance review is dead on though they don't breath at all even if I just wear them while lifting. Breath ability doesn't matter to me but some people might care.
Yeah, it sometimes does. But when it comes to KD's Nike strives to always throw in breath ability. I dont know if its just a preference of Kevin but the KD IV had a lot with a mesh tongue. This year the V makes up for the non-mesh tongue with extra vents on the inside.

People are assuming that those are the hulks because kd said in a video that there was a hulk themed cw coming out and that pair just happens to be predominantly green, ergo people making the educated guess that those are the hulks. Never been confirmed by anyone and Nike has never said anything about a hulk cw either.

Seriously people need to calm down and stop attaching these ******ed nicknames to certain cws. Nike will announce what they are the week before they release, no need to speculate. Just like when people started calling the energies the nerfs it just causes unnecessary hype.

Last edited:
Haha I feel you man. I used to live in Chicago. Down in Dallas now and it's hot as hell here. But I actually agree with you, they look good with Skinnys. I was trying them on my bigger jeans and it wasn't a good look. Opposite goes for the Bron X's though.
Thanks man! Props to you. These grey ones are actually for some reason more roomy around the thighs. And I'm really skinny in the legs so it looks weird. lol but yeah Chicago is desolate in the winter to kicks... its upsetting. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom