OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Bouyo hit the mall tomorrow and grab the kd v shorts that go with the splatters. And see if I can get info on the Bhm or asg

Highly doubt KD's gonna get a specific YOTS colorway. Snakes are all Kobe's thing, and there wasn't a KD featured at all in the YOTS collection that Nike announced today. Besides I think it'd be weird to see snakeskin on KDs cuz it's such a Kobe thing. It'd be like seeing Lion inspired fur on KDs or Kobes, when Lions have been Lebron's thing for years.

True but YOTS isn't just a Kobe thing it's a Chinese Zodiac thing and if you think about it there was a YOTD Kobe VII, Lebron IX, and KD IV last year along with some Jordans and Hyperdunk lows. So don't count them out just yet and keep in mind so far there's also a Jordan 11, YOTS set to release for Christmas and a Derrick Rose YOTS shoe has already been pictured.

True but YOTS isn't just a Kobe thing it's a Chinese Zodiac thing and if you think about it there was a YOTD Kobe VII, Lebron IX, and KD IV last year along with some Jordans and Hyperdunk lows. So don't count them out just yet and keep in mind so far there's also a Jordan 11, YOTS set to release for Christmas and a Derrick Rose YOTS shoe has already been pictured.
There were no Lebron IX YOTDs though. They were just called Chinas and weren't apart of the YOTD releases.

There were no Lebron IX YOTDs though. They were just called Chinas and weren't apart of the YOTD releases.

I have the China Lebron 9's and the themes on the 9's where Dragon based from the flame on the heel tab which translates to fire to the to the Chinese festive Dragon on the tongue along with the flames on the lace lock down system. Also the there was no set "YOTD releases" if you think about it they all came out different times. The Hyperdunk YOTD didn't come out until the summer the KD'' IV's dropped in February, a long with several Air Force 1's that dropped throughout the year and the Kobe YOTD didn't drop until early summer late spring around the time the WTK dropped and they weren't even released state side

id's came in...not sure if i'm gonna keep em yet but i like how they turned out

I have the China Lebron 9's and the themes on the 9's where Dragon based from the flame on the heel tab which translates to fire to the to the Chinese festive Dragon on the tongue along with the flames on the lace lock down system. Also the there was no set "YOTD releases" if you think about it they all came out different times. The Hyperdunk YOTD didn't come out until the summer the KD'' IV's dropped in February, a long with several Air Force 1's that dropped throughout the year and the Kobe YOTD didn't drop until early summer late spring around the time the WTK dropped and they weren't even released state side
The tongue on the Lebron 9s is actually a Chinese lion, not a dragon. It also makes more sense since Lebron's always had lion inspirations, nothing to do with dragons.

See any similarity? The last two pics are from the Lebron 8 Chinas, which was clearly not a YOTD shoe since they released the year prior. The Lebron 9s also dropped in the fall of 2011, and it makes zero sense for them to release a YOTD shoe when the Chinese New Year doesn't even start until February each year.

As for the other shoes you mentioned dropping throughout the year and not at a "set date" or around the same time, it's the YEAR of the dragon, not the month, week, or day of the dragon, which is exactly what the AF1 releases and other Nike releases were going for with the multiple releases throughout the year. KD also probably got a shoe because he was actually born in the Year of the Dragon. As for Kobe getting a YOTD shoe, everybody knows how huge he is in China.

Who knows, maybe they'll give KD a YOTS colorway too, but I personally wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
The tongue on the Lebron 9s is actually a Chinese lion, not a dragon. It also makes more sense since Lebron's always had lion inspirations, nothing to do with dragons.

See any similarity? The last two pics are from the Lebron 8 Chinas, which was clearly not a YOTD shoe since they released the year prior. The Lebron 9s also dropped in the fall of 2011, and it makes zero sense for them to release a YOTD shoe when the Chinese New Year doesn't even start until February each year.

As for the other shoes you mentioned dropping throughout the year and not at a "set date" or around the same time, it's the YEAR of the dragon, not the month, week, or day of the dragon, which is exactly what the AF1 releases and other Nike releases were going for with the multiple releases throughout the year. KD also probably got a shoe because he was actually born in the Year of the Dragon. As for Kobe getting a YOTD shoe, everybody knows how huge he is in China.

Who knows, maybe they'll give KD a YOTS colorway too, but I personally wouldn't count on it.

Your right and I'm right. We all know the China weren't technically called "The Year of The Dragon" however if you do some research you'll find that shoe is also inspired by Dragon details for the YOTD which is really obvious. Again the lion on the tongue is inspired by the festival Dragon thats's why in your pics the Stone Lion and the Lion on the 8's resemble a traditional China Lion but the ones on the Lebron 9's has the flames color around the face look at your own pics and you'll see the difference. Also the Chinese symbol on the back which stands for fire. No big argument though but if you do more research on the colors used in the Lebron 9's and the flames which are on none of the traditional China lebrons from 2 - 8 you'll see that's the theme they where going for with the Lebron 9's. Jason Pettrie also said that they wanted to get away from the traditional red and white China Lebrons and start giving them more of a theme to the Chinas that's why the Lebron X's are still Chinas but called the Cutting Jades. They used that theme because it tide into the Diamond Theme but was also still a very China style color.

The reason I pointed out that the other YOTD shoes didn't release on the same date is because in the second person I quoted about this subject he said the Lebron 9's didn't even come out with the YOTD releases, I was just simply pointing out there where no certain release date, and the Lebron 9 was for the NBA 2011 - 2012 season that's why they still had themes for the YOTD and there where also tones of other brands with YOTD themes besides Nike and Jordan actually just didn't feel like listing them. But like I said earlier good point and we're both right.

Considering the All-star game is here in Houston this year, I'm hoping that these will be readily available. Wishful thinkin perhaps.

Are asg shoes usually limited or gr?

GR, all the online spots will have them and in store. Im gonna try at my local footlocker. When I got the all stars a few years ago I was lucky to grab them online with no problems. But this new 8am crap is not worth the risk.

GR, all the online spots will have them and in store. Im gonna try at my local footlocker. When I got the all stars a few years ago I was lucky to grab them online with no problems. But this new 8am crap is not worth the risk.
Thanks I hope I can get a pair of kds and if the orange kobes are asg definitely those 2 , maybe brons if I have the cash too but it will be impossible to try to get all 3 but aren't 3s with Nike air releasing that weekend too? I hope so because more people will go for those.

Last edited:
Thanks I hope I can get a pair of kds and if the orange kobes are asg definitely those 2 , maybe brons if I have the cash too but it will be impossible to try to get all 3 but aren't 3s with Nike air releasing that weekend too? I hope so because more people will go for those.

I would be careful about the all star game shoes. If it's anything like last year they're going to be much more limited than people think. My entire city didn't get any of the shoes. 0 Lebrons, 0 KDs, 0 Kobes, nothing. The closest place that got them was a HoH 2 hours away. If you're in a major metropolis then definitely check out some of the boutiques and major retailers (HoH especially will definitively have them). Also don't count on online too much if you really want them. Yes the major sites will have them, but EVERYONE will be on there trying to get them.

^^ well the Xmas shoes were a lot easier to get this year so that leads me to believe that the ASW set should be too. No way to tell till the day so we'll see.

Last edited:
^^ well the Xmas shoes were a lot easier to get this year so that leads me to believe that the ASW set should be too. No way to tell till the day so we'll see.

I hope you're right, because I struck out HARD on the ASG set last year. I'm feeling the KD V's so hopefully I'll be able to cop a pair. If not, oh well, on to the next one.

ASG pack doesnt drop on the 16th right?? Cause i really hope not lol. The Royal 1s gotta be copped before everything lol

Back
Top Bottom