OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Ugh. Looks like I'll just have to be happy with my Coppers so far. Waiting for ASGs, green/orange, and IDs.

Ugh. Looks like I'll just have to be happy with my Coppers so far. Waiting for ASGs, green/orange, and IDs.

Originally Posted by clkru

seems like these are being purchased more for hype than to play basketball in, but does anyone who's actually picked these up to play in think that the KD IV is a step back from the KD III in terms of on-court performance?

They hurt my feet in 3 different sizes (I'm normally an 11.5, but have tried 11s, 11.5, and 12s, and settled on 12s), have poor traction on an avg indoor court, worse heel cushioning than the III, and don't seem to be durable (top inner lace holes giving way after only 2 weeks of balling).  I'm 6'2", 170lbs, with normal/narrow feet.

Sad to see the line headed in this hype-over-performance direction.  Hopefully the KD V emphasizes performance over hype.

Agreed, the grip is subpar and the zoom is nowhere near as responsive as the KD III. I was very disappointed because I thought they would perform better than the III. I think the heel setup on the IV is phylon instead of cushlon. I believe this brought the weight down, and the shoe is definitely lighter but at what cost? All this being said if you play on a court where you can get grip the KD IV sole performs well when you need to cut or change direction which is the only upside I could find on this shoe. It sucks because before I hooped my pair I was anticipating purchasing 4 plus pairs but now I'm pretty much done with the shoe. I think it's the best looking hoop shoe Nike released this year and if it performed as expected it would easily surpass the Kobe and Lebron lines. Oh Well.

Originally Posted by clkru

seems like these are being purchased more for hype than to play basketball in, but does anyone who's actually picked these up to play in think that the KD IV is a step back from the KD III in terms of on-court performance?

They hurt my feet in 3 different sizes (I'm normally an 11.5, but have tried 11s, 11.5, and 12s, and settled on 12s), have poor traction on an avg indoor court, worse heel cushioning than the III, and don't seem to be durable (top inner lace holes giving way after only 2 weeks of balling).  I'm 6'2", 170lbs, with normal/narrow feet.

Sad to see the line headed in this hype-over-performance direction.  Hopefully the KD V emphasizes performance over hype.

Agreed, the grip is subpar and the zoom is nowhere near as responsive as the KD III. I was very disappointed because I thought they would perform better than the III. I think the heel setup on the IV is phylon instead of cushlon. I believe this brought the weight down, and the shoe is definitely lighter but at what cost? All this being said if you play on a court where you can get grip the KD IV sole performs well when you need to cut or change direction which is the only upside I could find on this shoe. It sucks because before I hooped my pair I was anticipating purchasing 4 plus pairs but now I'm pretty much done with the shoe. I think it's the best looking hoop shoe Nike released this year and if it performed as expected it would easily surpass the Kobe and Lebron lines. Oh Well.

jobs_hype.gif

Finishline also tweeted that they were noy getting the kd iv yotd. Im startint to wonder wuts really going on.

Finishline also tweeted that they were noy getting the kd iv yotd. Im startint to wonder wuts really going on.

Originally Posted by mri95

Originally Posted by jordan23man

anybody in maryland know how the copper 4's sold are there still pairs sitting around? I cant find them anywhere online....thanks 

havent seen any in maryland at all, they prolly sold out immediately 
they are kinda gone now in the baltimore area. what sizes u guys looking for? i know i saw a 8 on display today. grabbed a 8.5 for a fellow niketalker.

anybody in maryland know how the copper 4's sold are there still pairs sitting around? I cant find them anywhere online....thanks 

they are kinda gone now in the baltimore area. what sizes u guys looking for? i know i saw a 8 on display today. grabbed a 8.5 for a fellow niketalker.

Got a question...how much do a pair of weatherman go for? Are they priced higher than the Lebron Chinas?

Got a question...how much do a pair of weatherman go for? Are they priced higher than the Lebron Chinas?

Originally Posted by bigj505

nah i wasnt lookin for em, just helpin some1 out! good look tho!

Originally Posted by bigj505

nah i wasnt lookin for em, just helpin some1 out! good look tho!

Originally Posted by onlitwo

they're going for like 300+ on ebay n various site, Nd yes thats a lot more than what the Xmas 9's are going for!

Originally Posted by onlitwo

they're going for like 300+ on ebay n various site, Nd yes thats a lot more than what the Xmas 9's are going for!

Back
Top Bottom