OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the (lack of) comfort that 2.0s have in comparison to 1.0s. Wore my White/Black out last night and immediately noticed a few things:

Compared to the 1.0 OGs, the 2.0s:

1. Are way less comfortable with the apparent lack of heel zoom air. Couldn't really feel the forefoot zoom air even though its visible when you peel back the insole.
2. Feels way less dense and light (may be a positive for most) but seems like Nike really skimped on the materials here compared to the OG. 3. While I agree the unpadded versions are aesthetically very pleasing, the back collar dug into my heel all night to a point where I started getting blisters (after only 1 hour of wear). I own a few OG trainers that are unpadded (volt, orange) but never experienced this level of discomfort after such a short wear.

I understand that most people here may not own any of the OG colorways but damn, these feel like they were so cheaply constructed. Needless to say, the Pale Greys are going straight back to the store once they arrive and no mas colorways for me. If you need a 10.5 in Pale Grey hmu. Very disappointed with the 2.0 versions but I may be in the minority.

+1. mentioned this last week and no one followed up on it. hope they change as i wear em more but not counting on it

Is it that bad? Welp, I guess the new trainer "2.0" are the most uncomfortable shoe known to mankind :lol:

Picked up the white/black trainers. My first ever pair. Now I'm hooked. Ordered the "off-white" on Friday. If I can get black/white, multi-color, and volts, I'm good with trainers.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the (lack of) comfort that 2.0s have in comparison to 1.0s. Wore my White/Black out last night and immediately noticed a few things:

1. Are way less comfortable with the apparent lack of heel zoom air. Couldn't really feel the forefoot zoom air even though its visible when you peel back the insole.
2. Feels way less dense and light (may be a positive for most) but seems like Nike really skimped on the materials here compared to the OG.
3. While I agree the unpadded versions are aesthetically very pleasing, the back collar dug into my heel all night to a point where I started getting blisters (after only 1 hour of wear). I own a few OG trainers that are unpadded (volt, orange) but never experienced this level of discomfort after such a short wear.

I understand that most people here may not own any of the OG colorways but damn, these feel like they were so cheaply constructed. Needless to say, the Pale Greys are going straight back to the store once they arrive and no mas colorways for me. If you need a 10.5 in Pale Grey hmu. Very disappointed with the 2.0 versions but I may be in the minority.

+2....I find the back collar also kinda irritate my ankle even though I haven't worn it for a long period. I guess I would have to wear it w crew socks.

+2....I find the back collar also kinda irritate my ankle even though I haven't worn it for a long period. I guess I would have to wear it w crew socks.
i have the same problem with the collar as well. Definitely won't be wearing them with low cut socks. Made that mistake on a pair of lunar 1s I had and my Achilles never forgave me

Nooooooooo. Walked by undefeated and saw the pale grey in the window. I walked in and asked if they had my size. They did still and my dumbass of course had to cop. Even tho I said I wasn't after getting two black/white pairs.

****! Got the sunsets coming in next week too! Good thing the future colors I have little interest in.

IMG_4732.JPG

Nooooooooo. Walked by undefeated and saw the pale grey in the window. I walked in and asked if they had my size. They did still and my dumbass of course had to cop. Even tho I said I wasn't after getting two black/white pairs.

****! Got the sunsets coming in next week too! Good thing the future colors I have little interest in.

IMG_4732.JPG
You keep saying black/whites. I know you mean the white/blacks but the black/whites come out february. Are you copping those?

I remember there being complaints about the achilles issue on the OG version tho. I don't think that's anything new.

IMG_4732.JPG
Glad to see I'm not the only one with no self control. You could always move one of those pairs of White/Blacks to cover the cost and some.

You keep saying black/whites. I know you mean the white/blacks but the black/whites come out february. Are you copping those?

lol yeah. Sorry for the confusion. Yep, I'll probably get those. As for for upcoming recent ones like the Oliv, purple and cirrus blue. I'll pass on those.

The Trainers have Zoom in it?

Yes. Both front and back Zoom. Unlike the racer. Only on the heel.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with no self control. You could always move one of those pairs of White/Blacks to cover the cost and some.

Very true. But the white/black are so clean. Hard for to do as of now. But I might in the future.

Never had the OG trainers but I do admit it did feel a little cardboardish, when I first tried them on. After a few wears, it's feels pretty comfortable. Going to retire the white/black and wear my Pale Greys instead, when they come in. And I never thought the Racers were that comfortable either.

Wore the W/B trainers all day and while they aren't totally comfortable, they are not bad. I feel like they caused less foot fatigue than wearing soft and cushy UB all day.

Also, the collar did have some rubbing action, but not much. Just made sure I tied them properly, and my TTS actually made them fit pretty well. I find them way more comfortable and supportive than Racers.

2. Feels way less dense and light (may be a positive for most) but seems like Nike really skimped on the materials here compared to the OG.
3. While I agree the unpadded versions are aesthetically very pleasing, the back collar dug into my heel all night to a point where I started getting blisters (after only 1 hour of wear). I own a few OG trainers that are unpadded (volt, orange) but never experienced this level of discomfort after such a short wear.

Maybe I'm trippin but mine has heel zoom units?

I forgot how comfy the racers were. I've been wearing them consistently for the past few days in the heat wave passing over California. So breathable and light.

Back
Top Bottom