OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

Not being rude, but have you ever tried looking for emails that have Nike or Niketalk in your email 3 or 4 months later? The purpose in my statement is, several months down the road, it's a lot easier to go to a favorites on here than going through the hassle of searching or trying to recall keywords. Especially when you vaguely remember the post. If I typed in trainer, nike, niketalk, or flyknit, I'd probably have hundreds of emails to sift through. Whereas, when I favorite something on like, Twitter, it's a lot easier to see the few under that label.  For you it may be easier to search your posts. As a comparison, I have over 3k more post than you and you joined a few months or so after me.  187 is a lot easier to sift through than 3,300+. I've seen some people with 20K posts and a lot with over 5k.
You're not being rude, just difficult.

Copy, paste, and NAME the email to something you'd remember that is relevant to the topic.  Maybe if you're searching on how to UNSTUFF your shoe, you'd search along those lines.  As others have mentioned, create a bookmark and you're done.  It's not a big deal. 

I'm sure the community appreciates your plethora of quality posts so I thank you on everyone's behalf.  And to be honest, I have been part of NT since 2003, I'm just using a new account and don't feel the need to clutter the forum. Maybe it'll be easier to sift through quality vs quantity..
Glad you're leading the minimalist posting initiative and doing your part decluttering the forum, while also blessing us with pure quality content. And a member since '03 to boot? WOW,  I'm sure I can scrounge up a gold star for you somewhere. 

While I appreciate your "techniques." if we're able to have to option of a favorite button to add your personal dashboard, I'd still much prefer that . Especially if I'm at work in a secure area where cell phones aren't allowed and accessing personal email among other things is definitely prohibited as well.  Personally, I find it rather nice to just log on what I saved is right there for me to access. There's a subscription option which is convenient and readily available. I figured if wasn't too big of a burden, having a favorites tab or whatever would be handy, too. But, we all have opinions on what is and isn't important to us. Considering our minimal correspondence and where it's leading thus far, I'm sure continued conversation regarding this topic is probably futile.  I'll just agree to disagree with you.

Best regards, Mr. Difficult

Last edited:
Took the first shoe out of the clamps tonight and used the Loctite Gel Control superglue to bond the toe area and remaining exposed sole areas. Overall, pretty darn happy with how they turned out, especially for a first try. There are definitely some areas that aren't perfect (mainly the toe area), but on foot, those areas aren't as noticeable. Can't wait to have the second one finished and will update with on foot shots then.

Last edited:
Awesome job looks [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

agoatnamedsally,that looks good. What are your thoughts so far? You think you should have gotten the racers or LR3 a half size smaller/larger? Any significant shrinkage in the process?

Awesome job looks [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

agoatnamedsally,that looks good. What are your thoughts so far? You think you should have gotten the racers or LR3 a half size smaller/larger? Any significant shrinkage in the process?

nice job man props to you guys for putting in that time and effort. 

Appreciate it, you guys. I would definitely recommend going down a half size with the lunar soles, there are even parts in the forefoot where the sole (size 10.5) is actually bigger than the upper (size 11). There was some shrinking in the upper, which led me to wear one upper with the sole removed while working on the other. This helped mold the uppers to my foot and they still fit fine. Overall, it's definitely expensive (I spent around $180 after all was said and done) and time consuming, but I think it's worth it if you have the extra money and spare time.

Super excited to get my oreo 2.0's tomorrow to go with my bright crimson trainers. If you guys are rocking sweat joggers what are you wearing shirt wise? Just curious style wise..

Appreciate it, you guys. I would definitely recommend going down a half size with the lunar soles, there are even parts in the forefoot where the sole (size 10.5) is actually bigger than the upper (size 11). There was some shrinking in the upper, which led me to wear one upper with the sole removed while working on the other. This helped mold the uppers to my foot and they still fit fine. Overall, it's definitely expensive (I spent around $180 after all was said and done) and time consuming, but I think it's worth it if you have the extra money and spare time.
good to know man thank you for the knowledge. almost went same size for both 

Love the Creativity from you guys with the Sole Swaps but the reason I love Racers are for their mid soles. Reminds me of the Racer uppers they used to form the Agilities, looks quite Foreign. I am absolutely gutted when I saw those Cheetos & Neos with the sole swap. . . Then the MC V1 done. . . ouch but the Balls on this man is quite Fierce! However its an Instant Red Card from the pockets drawn with no question. The execution and craft I most do Appreciate from those who are doing it. So in the end, this is how I define the saying "Hate & Love Relationship".

Last edited:
agoatnamedsally agoatnamedsally

looks great man!

I'm actually gonna be trying my first sole swap in the next week or so and your posts have been very helpful. thanks for all the tips along the way.

Last edited:

Why did the uppers shrink? I thought you cut off the flyknit upper with a knife.

Why did the uppers shrink? I thought you cut off the flyknit upper with a knife.
I could be wrong, but I think its from the heat gun. 

Correct, you need to use a blow dryer/heat gun to warm up the glue on the FKR enough so that the delicate knit material doesn't rip when you try to pry it off with flathead screwdrivers. You obviously need a good amount of heat to do this, but too much heat (especially in the form of focusing the heat on one area for too long) leads to shrinkage and some disformation of the uppers. I used a knife/exacto to cut remaining bits of the sole off during and after the sole was removed.

Correct, you need to use a blow dryer/heat gun to warm up the glue on the FKR enough so that the delicate knit material doesn't rip when you try to pry it off with flathead screwdrivers. You obviously need a good amount of heat to do this, but too much heat (especially in the form of focusing the heat on one area for too long) leads to shrinkage and some disformation of the uppers. I used a knife/exacto to cut remaining bits of the sole off during and after the sole was removed.

Why didn't you elect to just take the whole midsole off with the knife? Sorry for the questions, just curious.

I was cleaning my sail/volts and it looks like the swoosh is vanishing, has that happened to anybody?

I was cleaning my sail/volts and it looks like the swoosh is vanishing, has that happened to anybody?
yeah, my multicolor v1 had the color start to vanish, as well as some of my other shoes.  It is just painted on, and it will fade over time.  

Back
Top Bottom