OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

I'm thinking of picking up shoe trees (ikea) for my shoes, but came here to ask. I shouldn't use them with my Oreos right? Since the whole shoe is just "cloth" with no resistance against the tree, it would just put unnecessary force on the shoe?
I have a **** ton of these and they work amazing in some pairs and are absolutely pointless in others. They are just flimsy pieces of plastic and metal so I honestly cannot see them really causing harm to a shoe, I literally put them into some of my leather/ heavier pairs and they just rest and don't even budge the shoe because of how weak they are. I suppose if you are shoving them into size 6 flyknits I could see the argument for "stretching" but its pretty much shaping them into the ideal silhouette, plus what do you think your foot does when you wear them..

Anyway I do think they help my (sz 13 mostly) flyknits and other air maxes etc keep their shape as shoe trees were designed to do. The reason I like them is that they do a great job of straightening out the creases at the tip of the toe box which can be incredibly annoying and unsightly in my opinion.

/rant sorry, just never understood why a $1.00 ikea product garners so much hate sometimes. Certainly worth the buck if you can find a store with them stocked

Last edited:

I have a **** ton of these and they work amazing in some pairs and are absolutely pointless in others. They are just flimsy pieces of plastic and metal so I honestly cannot see them really causing harm to a shoe, I literally put them into some of my leather/ heavier pairs and they just rest and don't even budge the shoe because of how weak they are. I suppose if you are shoving them into size 6 flyknits I could see the argument for "stretching" but its pretty much shaping them into the ideal silhouette, plus what do you think your foot does when you wear them..

Anyway I do think they help my (sz 13 mostly) flyknits and other air maxes etc keep their shape as shoe trees were designed to do. The reason I like them is that they do a great job of straightening out the creases at the tip of the toe box which can be incredibly annoying and unsightly in my opinion.

/rant sorry, just never understood why a $1.00 ikea product garners so much hate sometimes. Certainly worth the buck if you can find a store with them stocked
Reason why I ask is because I am unfamiliar with shoe trees. I guessed that the metal "spring" would be strong, meaning it would push against the shoe with a decent amount of force. In a normal shoe, that's fine because of the materials, but with a flyknit, I just guessed that the metal bit wouldn't bend but just stay straight as the flyknit material doesn't have much resistance. 

I'm buying the IKEA's for my other shoes anyway, so will give it a try. My Oreos are size UK11/US12. 

Racers don't lose their shape though. As soon as you put your foot in it's back to normal. I cram multiple pairs in my suitcase when I travel and they're practically flat when I take them out. But when I wear them they just conform back to my foot.

u dont really need shoe trees for racers. i have 8 shoe trees. 1$ at ikea. and for racers u dont necessarily need them but makes ur closet look in order. they do wok though. i put them on my innevas and my camo france BW and i regret it because it kinda made them not as snug. so just be mindful of which shoes u put them in. i dont even know how they stretched my BW....its vac tech material. 

that^ gonna be impossible. i say nike holds a nationwide raffle. theres no niketown in miami... seems to be the most fair system.

not Flyknit Friday and Flyknit Thursday doesn't even match, but heres a Throwback Thursday..

Neo Turqs > Blue Lagoons 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom