OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

Decided to go ahead and give a try on my FHC's.  Still need to add 1-2 coats but so far I'm digging the clean look of the all white midsole.
Very nice! Those look good man... Just got my Angelus starter kit in last night, I am about to paint my FHC's as well, though I think I am going to go with the black midsole and tongue. 

Curious, what makes you think you need another 1-2 layers of paint? They look good to me, is the red/orange still peeking through?

Very nice! Those look good man... Just got my Angelus starter kit in last night, I am about to paint my FHC's as well, though I think I am going to go with the black midsole and tongue. 

Curious, what makes you think you need another 1-2 layers of paint? They look good to me, is the red/orange still peeking through?
Good looks on that Angelus kit. wish I'd ordered the kit as well.  

I plan on adding another coat just to get a few small spots that the red is coming thru and to get that consistent look.

Racers are here worst of here bunch. But the uppers are attractive. Free flyknit and lunar1 were the best. But to me racers are uncomfortable as hell.

Couple years back I got live strong lunars and I swore that was the next big thing but then these racers kinda took over. That lunar material feels like marshmallows

is this real life?  
roll.gif

My grammar's not perfect but folks need to start actually reading what they type before clicking "Submit".
laugh.gif

Racers are here worst of here bunch. But the uppers are attractive. Free flyknit and lunar1 were the best. But to me racers are uncomfortable as hell.

Couple years back I got live strong lunars and I swore that was the next big thing but then these racers kinda took over. That lunar material feels like marshmallows

My grammar's not perfect but folks need to start actually reading what they type before clicking "Submit".
laugh.gif
I had to read that about 3 times and I still have no clue wtf he's saying...LOL

I think this was the takeaway..Mmmm

Last edited:

Well then you're on the wrong thread, bud... I do agree, Racers definitely take some getting used to fit-wise but I like them (looks wise especially) more than my Flyknit Frees (which fit super tight, even though I sized up .5) or my Lunar 1s. Both good shoes, don't get me wrong, but the aesthetics, light weight, and clean lines of the Racer are where they stand out from other FK models in my opinion. I agree the Lunar sole is pretty comfy, but that "marshmallow" feeling just means they deteriorate much quicker than other sole materials from my experience. I would love a pair of black HTM NRGs with the Lunar sole though (just not willing to sell a limb or my first born for a pair of shoes I'd wear to the gym).

The women's TR 5 Oreos got posted here a few weeks ago and people were into it, havent seen these MC 2.0s posted yet. this one is a pass for me though.

Last edited:

Well then you're on the wrong thread, bud... I do agree, Racers definitely take some getting used to fit-wise but I like them (looks wise especially) more than my Flyknit Frees (which fit super tight, even though I sized up .5) or my Lunar 1s. Both good shoes, don't get me wrong, but the aesthetics, light weight, and clean lines of the Racer are where they stand out from other FK models in my opinion. I agree the Lunar sole is pretty comfy, but that "marshmallow" feeling just means they deteriorate much quicker than other sole materials from my experience. I would love a pair of black HTM NRGs with the Lunar sole though (just not willing to sell a limb or my first born for a pair of shoes I'd wear to the gym).
In my experience, Racer/Trainer soles/midsoles actually get beat much more quickly than Lunar soles. The midsoles on my Black/White Racers aren't looking so hot and I really haven't worn the shoes to do anything crazy nor in poor weather. Lunar soles definitely show dirt, etc. more, but I really think they "last" longer and look better.

Last edited:
Question y'all. I'm trying to buy some comfy/stylish kicks for my trip to Hawaii in a month.

I've been really wanting to cop some Racers lately, and might buy those for my trip. Only problem is finding a colorway I want. (Trying to find something that matches most clothes/neutral colors)

What do y'all think? Or is there any other shoe you think that would be better? Thanks! 

Question y'all. I'm trying to buy some comfy/stylish kicks for my trip to Hawaii in a month.

I've been really wanting to cop some Racers lately, and might buy those for my trip. Only problem is finding a colorway I want. (Trying to find something that matches most clothes/neutral colors)

What do y'all think? Or is there any other shoe you think that would be better? Thanks!
All jokes aside, Oreo V1 and V2's go with anything as does B/W Racers but good luck trying to find them at a decent price.

The only CW's that sit long enough to be halfway obtainable and possibly even go on disco nowadays seem to be the more bright, bold CW's that don't go with everything.

Last edited:

Like @BohnThugs  said, finding a neutral color way Racer for a decent price is stupid right now.

I'd look into some Flyknit Lunar 1s or 2s, plenty of color ways to choose from and they're cheap these days online or in outlets. Lunar soles > Racer soles for comfort, looks are subjective.

seems like it's been forever since i've posted here, but newest pickup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom