OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters
left for LA when the tweet dropped. took me an hour to get there and they were sold out of all sizes but 4.5-7.5 and 14. sucks because when i called 30 minutes prior to arriving, the employee said they had a FSR, but when i got there they said they sold out of the good sizes a while ago. welp.

left after helping a dude cop an extra size 14

Last edited:
called santa monica at 11am today and they told me they didn't have em. kinda salty they really did. maybe they thought i was just a phone order. oh well

called santa monica at 11am today and they told me they didn't have em. kinda salty they really did. maybe they thought i was just a phone order. oh well

I don't think they put them out until 12. But its such a big store. I can see some employees knowing they were put out and others not.

These are just racers after all.

nice... those are looking crispy. First wear?
no actually i have worn them probably 10+ times in the gym to lift, but not much otherwise, just to the grocery store and what not.

and i cant stand running in any of my racers so the soles stay in good shape.

racers can surprisingly take a serious beating before it shows

I don't think they put them out until 12. But its such a big store. I can see some employees knowing they were put out and others not.

These are just racers after all.
they were out at 11, sounds like the employee just didnt know. I called around 11:30 and I was able to luck up. 

out of curiosity why can't you stand running in them? Only reason I ask is because I don't run in my mine much either because they only seem good for straight line running. The lateral support is non existent. Not sure if it's just me or what. 

Last edited:
out of curiosity why can't you stand running in them? Only reason I ask is because I don't run in my mine much either because they only seem good for straight line running. The lateral support is non existent. Not sure if it's just me or what. 

I feel like my ankle's going to roll.

Shoot, who am I kidding. I don't run at all. Ran once in my volts and i filled the quota for 2014.

we need to remember these are just racers. These stores (most of them, at least) are unprepared for the onslaught coming their way with releases like this. Out of 10 employees, you might have 1 guy who's a sneaker head working there. At NTLA, every employee had the deer in headlights look. They were surprised at how many people were standing around asking for a pair.

we need to remember these are just racers. These stores (most of them, at least) are unprepared for the onslaught coming their way with releases like this. Out of 10 employees, you might have 1 guy who's a sneaker head working there. At NTLA, every employee had the deer in headlights look. They were surprised at how many people were standing around asking for a pair.
My experience has been different. I would say half the employees at my local Nike Town and Running stores are into sneakers and know whats up w/ releases. I don't know if they play games with holding inventory but you never know.

My experience has been different. I would say half the employees at my local Nike Town and Running stores are into sneakers and know whats up w/ releases. I don't know if they play games with holding inventory but you never know.
They know, everyone in here likes to hang on to the glory days when these weren't a thing but in 2015 now, they're a thing and they're hard to get at this point. Employees have friends too btw.

even with a shoe like racers? We love racers here, but in general, its just another shoe

And the opening crew is like the strippers that work the early afternoon shifts. Most of the knowledgeable people i deal with at NT work later in the day. Its usually the newbies and unattractive female employees who work the opening shift.

Sorry if i offended anyone here

Last edited:

my favorite to run in are flyknit free 3.0, it has a massive sole, i weigh 210lbs right now and the shape of the sole and the amount of cushinoning it has, plus the honeycomb design allow the sole to flex and compress. plus that one piece knit at the top makes it feel like a sock.

the racer sole is just flat and hard, its literally like running on cardboard. i have long narrow feet and even i feel like they are too narrow.

once i did my sprints in the free 3.0, i never ran again in any of my racers.

I know everyones jumping on the Oreo 2's right now and this will probably get lost in the pile of posts, but RW just stocked the Flaming Hot Cheetos Racers:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Flyknit_Racer/descpage-NFKR18.html

Of course, use runblog10 for 10% off

the flaming hot cheetos weren't sold out as far as I know when I looked at RRS daily. Also, if you got back a few pages through the cluster, you can use a 25% discount code. 
ROAD RUNNER SPORTS COUPON CODES - EXPIRES 5/18

25% off when you spend $129 or more: 25SHOES0504

20% off when you spend up to $129: 20SHOES0504

Tbh, I'm salty that I was at work when oreos dropped at NTLA and NTSM. I'm glad y'all ate though. My chances at NDC on my phone are too slim.
Might have to pay over retail for a pair. :frown:

If you're a VIP member on RRS, can you stack with those codes too?
I don't know. Haven't tried. Gonna order me some FHC's and Turquoises tomorrow morning though for $112 a piece 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom