Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

These dropped in Toronto today. I'm happy with them, but the quality on the medicine balls seems to be better. Watch out for weird wrinkled leather onthe inside toe and heel areas. Also, the orange synthetic strap material is completely different from the originals (from what I remember).

PM sent to dabath. I would hunt around TO for these, but I bet retail on these would be considered a bit high for myself and cats in the states.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. Here is one of the stores that got themin Toronto. The pair on that site looks fine, but like I said, the pairs I had to choose from all had effed up leather in a couple spots.

from what i understand the bo SC trainers are going to be the same style release as the freshwater/royal griffeys were. in houston only a handful of malls gotem. i got my freshwater griffs from sharpstown FA and my royals from greenspoint FA...so where u found the griffs thats prob where the bo's will be. imsure the boutiques will have em(premium,active athlete)

can we please have some detailed pics? i need these ASAP!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by demo95king

from what i understand the bo SC trainers are going to be the same style release as the freshwater/royal griffeys were. in houston only a handful of malls got em. i got my freshwater griffs from sharpstown FA and my royals from greenspoint FA...so where u found the griffs thats prob where the bo's will be. im sure the boutiques will have em(premium,active athlete)
if it is, Nike did that so they wont sit, then again they just dropped too many colors of the bo's back from 2000 to like 2005 so Im sure thatplayed a role in that happening

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

from what i understand the bo SC trainers are going to be the same style release as the freshwater/royal griffeys were. in houston only a handful of malls got em. i got my freshwater griffs from sharpstown FA and my royals from greenspoint FA...so where u found the griffs thats prob where the bo's will be. im sure the boutiques will have em(premium,active athlete)
if it is, Nike did that so they wont sit, then again they just dropped too many colors of the bo's back from 2000 to like 2005 so Im sure that played a role in that happening

the question to ask is, being butchered countless times, are kids just so drawn away from this model that even when a nice c/w comes out, they truly don'tknow that it is a GREAT c/w. There only true hope may come in the form of a 15 page bo jackson thread HERE telling them "this shoe is hot". Its thesad hypebeast reality of todays youth.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

the question to ask is, being butchered countless times, are kids just so drawn away from this model that even when a nice c/w comes out, they truly don't know that it is a GREAT c/w. There only true hope may come in the form of a 15 page bo jackson thread HERE telling them "this shoe is hot". Its the sad hypebeast reality of todays youth.
Very well put man. I hope the hype doesnt make these super hard to get. I had these as OG when I was a kid and then missed them in 98 on theretro. I have been waiting a lot of years for these shoes and cannot wait to OD on them when they drop. Its all I plan on wearing the rest of summer!

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

if it is, Nike did that so they wont sit, then again they just dropped too many colors of the bo's back from 2000 to like 2005 so Im sure that played a role in that happening

the question to ask is, being butchered countless times, are kids just so drawn away from this model that even when a nice c/w comes out, they truly don't know that it is a GREAT c/w. There only true hope may come in the form of a 15 page bo jackson thread HERE telling them "this shoe is hot". Its the sad hypebeast reality of todays youth.

Sadly so so true... The same applies to the medicine ball trainer 3's.

I just hope Footaction gets these. If they get em, I'll be able to scoop these with no problems whatsoever. For some reason, everyone here flocks to thecrap, but leaves all the classic retros sitting on the shelf.

Here are some shots of the SCs I picked up on the weekend. In some of these you can see the wrinkled leather on the heels and inside toe. All the pairs I sawin my size had this problem to varying degrees.

Also, from what I remember, the OGs had a much smoother, almost glossy, orange synthetic material. If anyone has detailed pictures of the OGs, it would beinteresting to compare.

a9a35d31e932b804ca94a05d5776e4491448ebd.pjpg
34025a7ea7b01c3eab159157f2007cee7875d1f.pjpg
04c155e7b2c4a8509f822e9cfd54626a477996b.pjpg
b3f25ebe15b43c36aa85a5e0c96a37e182163bf.pjpg
0c625fce87b17c65a2d5d7e04276355efdab4d6.pjpg
b2825bae34b29c4daf1532b6016fde6a550e12f.pjpg
05815cefb9c5a2566659f748ec079b07d0d0de3.pjpg
c342594eb2b22ccea985a63d0852612305785c4.pjpg
5d52593e8abe5c47a6f592207b052d8d4b8c3fb.pjpg
86d25f1e39b1fc0dad65ee3778298b3f91280db.pjpg
77c153efb7c0ab5eb4f6efd03698c2b38af7afa.pjpg

nerd.gif

How do they fit?

I was leaning towards the Med's, but now I just don't know.
tired.gif

Thanks for the pics!

thanks for sharing those photos.. this is one c/w that i've never seen in person.

Maybe its just the photos and the way they are taken but sometimes the orange color looks fluroescent like and other times, its just straight up orange... Isit the lighting that changes that? dadbath, are these closer to fluorscent orange or basic orange in standard outdoor sunny conditions. ive seen originals andthe 98 retros appear to be one shade or another. i tend to prefer the fluorescent orange.

dadbath, i did a quick comparison back on page 11:
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/6460...nge-Bo-Jackson-39-s-OG-Col.html#reply-6460217

-Ankle collar padding shouldn't be completly breathable. ie full perforated leather
laugh.gif
. Laughably tacky imo
-Side strapping should have that plastic like finish. The color and threads also make it pop perfectly.. not so much with the 09 retro imo.
-lastly the mudguard should be a bit lighter...

small differences.. im just glad that its not worse than this. IT COULDVE BEEN BAD FOLKS.. very bad
laugh.gif

-

judging by those pics, it is pretty obvious that the quality is pretty bad as compared to the 1st retros. that being being said, this is such a classic c/w.the only c/w that really matter, i will still cop at least 1-2 pairs, with the 30 of course.

You can use these for comparison sakes. This is a pair of DS OG's I picked up earlier this year. Goodwill FTW >$10.

29384ye.jpg

29uq71t.jpg

2dudqiv.jpg

68hieg.jpg

j14ihk.jpg

2z9a0hu.jpg

2zxoyhh.jpg

The ankle leather and perforations are sort of annoying to me, but these aren't close to being as bad as the black/grey and are in line with most Nikeretroes these days.

SinnerP, these fit true to size for me.

Wally, based on the pics I've seen, I would say the orange on these in not as fluorescent/bright as the OGs, particularly the synthetic material. You're absolutely right about the gray mudguard - it's much darker on the '09s.

Thanks for the pics, heelIntoe, that's an incredible find.

I'm happy with the '09s overall, since I had the OGs way back when, but I don't own any of the previous retros. Like others have said, it's ahard one to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom