**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

The fit is way better! The 1.0 you had to size up and deal with a diaper butt look or stay TTS and deal with a super night fit.

I tired on the latest style and I went TTS and they look nice and no diaper feel or look. I have a ton of the 1.0, I'm keeping them since they use to be $150! HAHAHAH
 Anyway to tell if a peice of Tech Fleece is the old version or the new version? I bought my first peice of Tech fleece pants back in January and went with a size large but I hated the diaper butt look it gave me so I haven't bought anymore since. The medium fit great around the waist but was too tight on my calves, I want to try the new tech fleece out but I can't figure out how to tell the difference. I've used the search function, google, I've looked around quite a bit for an answer and everything before asking this question so a non-smartass answer would be appreciated if possible.

If I'm not wrong, the new tech fleece pant has the black side pocket zips slanted compared to the straight down zips on the old versions.

I just tried the old and new versions in the same size today, and imo the new version fits a little roomier in the top block and thighs and were tighter in the calves when compared to the old version.

In other words it's an even more tapered fit in the new versions to me. Prefer how the old version fits on me, ymmv

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong, the new tech fleece pant has the black side pocket zips slanted compared to the straight down zips on the old versions.
I just tried the old and new versions in the same size today, and imo the new version fits a little roomier in the top block and thighs and were tighter in the calves when compared to the old version.
In other words it's an even more tapered fit in the new versions to me. Prefer how the old version fits on me, ymmv

The previous single non-zippered pocket was tiny and absolutely worthless. I at least like that the new version has 2 regular deep pockets that can actually be used along with the zippered pocket. I hated that it was impossible to comfortably carry my wallet, keys, and phone with all previous tf pants.

I'll have to try my new tech fleece pants on again and compare them to my older pair. The fit still felt the same when I tried them in store and I still ended up going one size up as usual

Picked up my first Tech Fleece piece from Foot Action a few days ago. Just tried them on and the comfort is A1. Does not disapoint, making this one of those times where the general opinion of the buyers is spot-on. These are some of the most comfortable pants i've ever worn. But what is up with this long *** zipper pocket on the right side? :lol: Is there something specific that is supposed to go in there or was it just a random design choice?

View media item 2132179View media item 2132184

Sizing help

Finally got the chance to try on tech knit at my new outlet here In Columbus Ohio but all they had was purple.

So I'm typically a large in tech fleece and everything else Nike.
I found that a medium tshirt and pants fit best but yet a large hoodie fit better.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the crewneck though?

And does anyone know what outlets might have them in black? I checked the outlet thread and didn't see anything... Maybe I gotta go way back

Anyway to tell if a peice of Tech Fleece is the old version or the new version? I bought my first peice of Tech fleece pants back in January and went with a size large but I hated the diaper butt look it gave me so I haven't bought anymore since. The medium fit great around the waist but was too tight on my calves, I want to try the new tech fleece out but I can't figure out how to tell the difference. I've used the search function, google, I've looked around quite a bit for an answer and everything before asking this question so a non-smartass answer would be appreciated if possible.
Everyone whoever complained about someone not searching the thread needs to rep this man here.

I count 3 iterations of TF in terms of fit ( 1.0 and 2.0 were more of material/pattern) 

First TF had the traditional taper look 

Second TF came with the red tag labeled " tapered" which fit slimmmer than previous version

Third TF is a new/updated design: 

Material feels thinner 

Two " real" pockets on left and right sid, plus the signature blk zippered pocket

As one mentioned I think its a litte more roomier than the red labeled TF from the wasit to thigh area

This. It reminds me of TF before the red label. 
I'll have to try my new tech fleece pants on again and compare them to my older pair. The fit still felt the same when I tried them in store and I still ended up going one size up as usual
The difference is very subtle between the two. 
Picked up my first Tech Fleece piece from Foot Action a few days ago. Just tried them on and the comfort is A1. Does not disapoint, making this one of those times where the general opinion of the buyers is spot-on. These are some of the most comfortable pants i've ever worn. But what is up with this long *** zipper pocket on the right side?
laugh.gif
Is there something specific that is supposed to go in there or was it just a random design choice?
Without the bonded zipper might as well not be TF. If they didnt have that I probably wont buy it. Its subtle but critcal part of the design for me. 
Sizing help

Finally got the chance to try on tech knit at my new outlet here In Columbus Ohio but all they had was purple.

So I'm typically a large in tech fleece and everything else Nike.
I found that a medium tshirt and pants fit best but yet a large hoodie fit better.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the crewneck though?

And does anyone know what outlets might have them in black? I checked the outlet thread and didn't see anything... Maybe I gotta go way back
Check ur PM 

Picked up my first Tech Fleece piece from Foot Action a few days ago. Just tried them on and the comfort is A1. Does not disapoint, making this one of those times where the general opinion of the buyers is spot-on. These are some of the most comfortable pants i've ever worn. But what is up with this long *** zipper pocket on the right side? :lol: Is there something specific that is supposed to go in there or was it just a random design choice?

View media item 2132179View media item 2132184

There are two smaller pockets inside that bonded zipper pocket. I keep my phone in the top inside pocket and my wallet usually on the bottom or whatever else so that they stay secure. I try to avoid just unzipping and dropping anything in there because then they fall to the bottom which is practically at the knee which is pretty annoying and doesn't look good IMO

So yeah the bonded pocket is for style + function making it the best part of the TF pants if you ask me

Like NYC757 said I wouldn't buy TF without that bonded pocket

I appreciate the responses guys

But really though how's the fit in the crew neck vs. the hoodie in the tech knit?

Because I am a medium in the t shirt and pants but a large in the hoodie and didn't get the chance to try on the crew neck so anyone who has a suggestion is greatly appreciated

I appreciate the responses guys

But really though how's the fit in the crew neck vs. the hoodie in the tech knit?

Because I am a medium in the t shirt and pants but a large in the hoodie and didn't get the chance to try on the crew neck so anyone who has a suggestion is greatly appreciated
I tried on the tech knit crewnecks and they fit similar to the knit hoodies in my opinion. In tech fleece, I wear a medium but for tech knit tops (tees, crew, hoodies), I size down to a small for the same "fitted" look and feel.

Anybody have the tech woven 2.0 pants? Reviews? Thanks 

I bought the cargo khaki ones but wasn't a fan of how they'd sort of wrinkle towards the bottom due to the material.

I think with the black it wouldn't be as obvious. The pros to them are the fact they are waterproof so a good option for rainy or snowy days

But in the end I returned them. I have 2 pair of the shorts though and love them

Anyone have the cropped version of the tech fleece pants?
im not sure if I'm talking about the same pair as you, but I bought a pair last week than done have the standard stretchy types cuff on the end, they're more along the lines of what I would consider cropped. Just a small hem/cuff at the bottom.

They say "tapered" on the tag and fit really well. The small cuff on the end is slim and stretches just enough for you to get your foot through, but still maintains a slim shape to not swallo your shoes, even you have a little length on the end.

Is $77 shipped for a pair of black tech fleece pants a good price or should I hold out for a better deal?

Some black, some other colors:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/tech-fleece-pants/pid-10299359/pgid-11184899
$53.98 w/ BTS20 promocode :: $47.50 w/ ebates 12% cash back

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/tech-fleece-pants/pid-10834921/pgid-10926845
$63.98 w/ BTS20 promocode :: $56.30 w/ ebates 12% cash back

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/tech-fleece-cropped-pants-pants/pid-10744974/pgid-11546334
$63.98 w/ BTS20 promocode :: $56.30 w/ ebates 12% cash back

Back
Top Bottom