*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

a few more...
IMG_4542.JPG
IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4538.JPG

Upon closer inspection, I think I want the White Floral Performance and Black Performance Lifestyle...

I already have the Black/Gum 15s though, so I'm not sure I need two pairs of Black XVs. Ugh--this is all so stressful, lol.

Does anyone know what's up with the nike contract with the primetime lebrons?

I'm sure they had to pay Deion some royalites to use the diamond turf logo, but I'm wondering why Deion would sign off on it. I could've sworn he said on camera that he will NEVER work with nike again after they refused to pay him for the DT retros without the DT logo or his numbers on the tongue.

Royalties? I'm 99% certain that **** is owned by Nike, lol.

That isn't owned by nike. The Diamond Turf logo with the goal post and home plate diamond is Deion's logo. Also even not present here, Deion's uniform numbers are his numbers lol.

There is a reason why Nike retroed the Diamond turfs (His official sig) without the diamond turf logo, because they didn't want to pay Deion royalties in which he fully explained in the Complex interview video. In that video, he also said he was never going to work with nike again EVER.

The main thing I'm trying to understand is the logo. If they did the collab without the logo, I'd understand.

Now seeing the logo (which is fire), I find it hard to understand how they got the ok to use it. Also how is Lebron paying "homage" to Deion when Deion ain't ******* with Nike anymore.

If anything it's disrespecting Deion even more lol (assuming he isn't getting royalites, but even if he is getting paid by nike, he's back peddling more than his playing days).

That isn't owned by nike. The Diamond Turf logo with the goal post and home plate diamond is Deion's logo. Also even not present here, Deion's uniform numbers are his numbers lol.

There is a reason why Nike retroed the Diamond turfs (His official sig) without the diamond turf logo, because they didn't want to pay Deion royalties in which he fully explained in the Complex interview video. In that video, he also said he was never going to work with nike again EVER.

I can't find an instance of that logo existing outside of his Nike sig line, which leads me to believe they own it. They may have left it off the retro because they weren't on good terms at the time. IDK.

The main thing I'm trying to understand is the logo. If they did the collab without the logo, I'd understand.

Now seeing the logo (which is fire), I find it hard to understand how they got the ok to use it. Also how is Lebron paying "homage" to Deion when Deion ain't ****ing with Nike anymore.

If anything it's disrespecting Deion even more lol (assuming he isn't getting royalites, but even if he is getting paid by nike, he's back peddling more than his playing days).

It all depends on the type of contract that Deion and his agent (at that time) negotiated with Nike. He may own the logos but Nike owns the shoes and can tweak them to omit his logos and not have to pay him royalties - they actually do this alot. In some cases, the athletes also want more money than what Nike is willing to pay - Deion alludes to this in his Complex video.

I also think that this 'homage' series may not have been Lebron's idea but something that was presented to him by the brand's designers. LBJ the athlete probably also has way too much on his plate than concerning himself with money issues between Primetime & Nike.

Going to pass on attempting to obtain the ACG PE's. Pretty ecstatic the KITH collection will be online & not an LA/All-Star exclusive though. Gives me a shot.

PO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom